What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
Do we have to pay his contract money in American dollars and send it to New York?

Yes , you be right on the money there . Pounds to peanuts that someway or other , they would take the dough from the Joint Ventures coffers .

Probably send the club broke . Those New York lawyers are pretty smart cookies , whereas our Board would be lucky to have 1 cookie among the lot of them .

Old Timer

Coach
Roberts should be a priority signing for next year we need speed out wide .
Yes he has speed to burn but that is not enough.
He lacks self discipline and if Bennett can't get the best out of him then how the hell will Mc Fookknuckle get anything out of him?
This was Roberts year to crack SOO and he didn't do it and if he came here he will just be another that would slide further down the greasy pole.

monsterkev

Juniors
Their is a story not a rumour doing the rounds that the nrl is wanting to get their money back off the clubs and saints are in the firing line after the sale of the Knights goes through to west Newcastle leagues and the community ownership then saints have been told they have to start paying back the monies owed sooner rather than later
The Bruce Gordon buyout is not going to happen anytime soon and bingo were the other interested party willing to put millions of dollars into the club but f wit doust has stuffed them around for about a year probably because he knows he will lose his job along with many others
The nrl needs to step in and make the deal happen instead of leaving it up to doust
Only then can this club move forward and the nrl can get their money

Gareth67

First Grade
The nrl needs to step in and make the deal happen instead of leaving it up to doust

If only , if only something along those lines could be done . Surely there must be a way to get this club back onto the right side of the financial ledger . And by that , I don't care if the name of the company is WIN , Bingo , Bongo or even some charity , anyone that can provide the Joint Venture with a capable administration .

Last edited:

RedVDragon

Juniors
Their is a story not a rumour doing the rounds that the nrl is wanting to get their money back off the clubs and saints are in the firing line after the sale of the Knights goes through to west Newcastle leagues and the community ownership then saints have been told they have to start paying back the monies owed sooner rather than later
The Bruce Gordon buyout is not going to happen anytime soon and bingo were the other interested party willing to put millions of dollars into the club but f wit doust has stuffed them around for about a year probably because he knows he will lose his job along with many others
My understanding is we have pod the debt back. This was mentioned on NRL 360

Carlton

Juniors
We have actually asked for more money in recent times and we still owe the nrl
Saints don't have 6 million odd dollars available

The St George Leagues club has approx. $14 million dollars in cash or cash equivalents, they increased their grant from to the football club increased from $550,000 in 2015 to $2.5million in 2016. They have a net worth of approx. $40 million the Steelers have a net worth of approx. $2.5million and in both cases I suspect the market value of the land and buildings in the balance sheet is actually less than what they would sell for. This means the net worth is even higher than what the 2016 financial statement shows.

I am not saying they are well run but I think the idea there is no money is a fallacy and the question is, what is the reason for allowing the club to run down?

monsterkev

Juniors
The St George Leagues club has approx. $14 million dollars in cash or cash equivalents, they increased their grant from to the football club increased from $550,000 in 2015 to $2.5million in 2016. They have a net worth of approx. $40 million the Steelers have a net worth of approx. $2.5million and in both cases I suspect the market value of the land and buildings in the balance sheet is actually less than what they would sell for. This means the net worth is even higher than what the 2016 financial statement shows.

I am not saying they are well run but I think the idea there is no money is a fallacy and the question is, what is the reason for allowing the club to run down?
we will never know where the money is going but it is not paying debt
The Illawarra contribution must be jack shit
Both parties should give equal amount of money then you would think there is enough money to start paying back the nrl