What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jurno's

Slippery Morris

First Grade
QLDers treat the jersey as a privilege, NSW players as a status symbol. Once they get the call up it is like "Look at me I made Reps, I am a superstar and should earn 1 mil". They think and play like a stereo type Gen Y person. Want things to come to them easily and not work hard for it. They need some good old fashion footballers and not show ponies like Fafita, Woods, Pearce or Fergo.

2 thing that the Origin highlighted is that their 6th or 7th best half in Munster is better than NSW 1st best in Pearce or Maloney. How sad is that. The most crucial position and QLD have the top 6 or 7 in the country. Thurston, Cronk, Morgan, Hunt, Cherry Evans, Ash Taylor, Munster, Corey Norman all much better than Pearce or Maloney. How sad is that. If Only NSW could have any 2 of those blokes. But then again, NSW is that stupid that if they did would still pick Pearce ahead of them.

Nathan Cleary is NSW only hope. I was hoping Sezer and Austin would get a run but their form has been poor in 2017 as opposed to last year. Adam Reynolds I think is the best of the lot but he is too injury prone. I would go Cleary and Greg Bird in the halves. Bird is an origin player and will be great in the halves.

Old Timer

Coach
Really ? Huxley once wrote " facts do not cease to exist Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored"

I have now listened to all what was said on 2GB and Dugan and Ferguson's lawyers have nothing. No malicious distortion of facts. These is no fabrication here. These two have behaved poorly prior to every game . A game they get paid 30 grand per game

I'm not a fan of Rothfield, in fact I despise him, but he is spot on with these two propeller heads.

And stop putting the word 'gate' at the end of anything that is remotely controversial.
2GB come on now you can't be taking those wankers seriously.
If they had the true inside goss they would be able to produce the bar bill and highlight exactly what was drunk and by whom.
Now Woods and Stuart coming out having a crack what an absolute joke.
I have been to a few events where Stuart has been a guest speaker at and I can say he is not squeaky clean (nor would most NRL players past and present for that matter) and Woods needs to deflect as his effort piss or no piss was shit house.If they want to have rules and people break them then I am all for hanging them out to dry but if you decide to let players have freedom then don't blame them if they exercise it.
With all the shit being talked re Dugan can anyone post something where he has brought our club into disrepute or where he has blotted his copy book or been reprimanded?

1st & 10

Juniors
That two footballers are aloud to go to a pub on their day off the week before the SOS is not illegal is a fact.

Don't entertain the journos stories. Theyre probably just trying to 'campaign' players - try to bring them down for some stupid reason, or getting us to read their publication.

Dugan and all of the other NSW players have behaved inline with our laws and cultural standards.

Yes, two players are ALLOWED to go to a pub. But behaviour like mature 27 year old men, not drunken buffoons to the point they were told to leave and even offered the courtesy bus which they declined.

They spent 8 hours on the tiles days out from a SOO game. It is confirmed they acted like red neck boof heads, taking shirts off, challenging people to punch them in their stomachs.

They in their late 20s, and have a horrible record of behaviour together

"Cultural Standards" what are you talking about ? In accordance with legislation ? Is that what you mean ? No one suggested they breached any law

They get paid 30 grand per SOO game and refused to face the media as required , due to still bring intoxicated

Dugan stated he deserves to be paid like a world class athlete. Really, a world class athlete ?

They should never be selected in rep footy again

1st & 10

Juniors
2GB come on now you can't be taking those wankers seriously.
If they had the true inside goss they would be able to produce the bar bill and highlight exactly what was drunk and by whom.
Now Woods and Stuart coming out having a crack what an absolute joke.
I have been to a few events where Stuart has been a guest speaker at and I can say he is not squeaky clean (nor would most NRL players past and present for that matter) and Woods needs to deflect as his effort piss or no piss was shit house.If they want to have rules and people break them then I am all for hanging them out to dry but if you decide to let players have freedom then don't blame them if they exercise it.
With all the shit being talked re Dugan can anyone post something where he has brought our club into disrepute or where he has blotted his copy book or been reprimanded?

I listened to it to see if there was any malicious defamatory comments - nothing. And so what if I listen to 2GB?

Come on Old Timer, expect better from you mate. They were contacted by staff and confirmed by management via the sign in register as per the Registered Clubs Act.

Only Police and OLGAR have the powers to seize any documents CCTV etc in a licensed premises without warrant

Uplifting

Juniors
QLDers treat the jersey as a privilege, NSW players as a status symbol. Once they get the call up it is like "Look at me I made Reps, I am a superstar and should earn 1 mil". They think and play like a stereo type Gen Y person. Want things to come to them easily and not work hard for it. They need some good old fashion footballers and not show ponies like Fafita, Woods, Pearce or Fergo.

2 thing that the Origin highlighted is that their 6th or 7th best half in Munster is better than NSW 1st best in Pearce or Maloney. How sad is that. The most crucial position and QLD have the top 6 or 7 in the country. Thurston, Cronk, Morgan, Hunt, Cherry Evans, Ash Taylor, Munster, Corey Norman all much better than Pearce or Maloney. How sad is that. If Only NSW could have any 2 of those blokes. But then again, NSW is that stupid that if they did would still pick Pearce ahead of them.

Nathan Cleary is NSW only hope. I was hoping Sezer and Austin would get a run but their form has been poor in 2017 as opposed to last year. Adam Reynolds I think is the best of the lot but he is too injury prone. I would go Cleary and Greg Bird in the halves. Bird is an origin player and will be great in the halves.
Cleary, Sezer, Brooks all should be looked at for sure. We have some talented players with the poise required to play halfback for sure.

About Duges and Furgo, I don't drink much at all, so maybe I can't understand how having a few drinks on your day off means you don't respect the nsw jersey.

But I must say, after the squeaky clean record Duges has had since joining us, I don't take tarnishing his name in anyway again lightly.

Gomarchin

Juniors
This whole thing is a complete over reaction by the media. The same media that proclaimed a "NSW dynasty" after game 1. The same media that had NSW overwhelming favourites for game 3 (when they were anything but favourites). It's all fake news and rubbish.

The bigger story IMO is how f^ck they were comparing Fifita to Beetson after game 1.

1st & 10

Juniors
Didn't Hadley's wife leave him for Matt Parish? Isn't Matt Parish on the Blues coaching staff? Talk about agendas...

What?

Parish and Susan are no longer together, not that it's relevant. I do not think Parish is on the coaching staff

1st & 10

Juniors
This whole thing is a complete over reaction by the media. The same media that proclaimed a "NSW dynasty" after game 1. The same media that had NSW overwhelming favourites for game 3 (when they were anything but favourites). It's all fake news and rubbish.

The bigger story IMO is how f^ck they were comparing Fifita to Beetson after game 1.

And Fifita's dummy spit when told Clema would start and weak knob Daley succumbed to Fifita's cry

And the journo's car being graffitied . There is a lot more to that one

Uplifting

Juniors
The upside to this is, Dragons beat Sea Eagles by 30 this week and Duges channels his frustration and goes hard!

1st & 10

Juniors
Cleary, Sezer, Brooks all should be looked at for sure. We have some talented players with the poise required to play halfback for sure.

About Duges and Furgo, I don't drink much at all, so maybe I can't understand how having a few drinks on your day off means you don't respect the nsw jersey.

But I must say, after the squeaky clean record Duges has had since joining us, I don't take tarnishing his name in anyway again lightly.

Ferguson suspended sentence for indecent assault. As for Dugan the guy is a few short of a full carton. An old footy coach once told me, "the bigger the tattoo, the lower the IQ"

A lot of incidents are covered up for 1st grade players, especially rep players. Very naive if you do not believe that. I've seen it myself numerous times. The old AKA nightclub in Sutherland has some stories to tell

Uplifting

Juniors
Ferguson suspended sentence for indecent assault. As for Dugan the guy is a few short of a full carton. An old footy coach once told me, "the bigger the tattoo, the lower the IQ"

A lot of incidents are covered up for 1st grade players, especially rep players. Very naive if you do not believe that. I've seen it myself numerous times. The old AKA nightclub in Sutherland has some stories to tell
Then why wasn't this one covered up? Sounds like somebody upset a journo...

Old Timer

Coach
Yes, two players are ALLOWED to go to a pub. But behaviour like mature 27 year old men, not drunken buffoons to the point they were told to leave and even offered the courtesy bus which they declined.

They spent 8 hours on the tiles days out from a SOO game. It is confirmed they acted like red neck boof heads, taking shirts off, challenging people to punch them in their stomachs.

They in their late 20s, and have a horrible record of behaviour together

"Cultural Standards" what are you talking about ? In accordance with legislation ? Is that what you mean ? No one suggested they breached any law

They get paid 30 grand per SOO game and refused to face the media as required , due to still bring intoxicated

Dugan stated he deserves to be paid like a world class athlete. Really, a world class athlete ?

They should never be selected in rep footy again
The publican said no issues what soever, so who is confirming what you have in your post?
I have not seen any such matter published or any photos leaked to the media which I would suspect would have happened if all is as you say.

Gareth67

First Grade
Dill Rothchilde ! ! That bluudy ' kick em while their down ' merchant . How many times does this bloke write some crap about a player or club misadventures , or what ever and completely overlooks the wrongs of the club that he supports . Imbecile , complete imbecile , the bloke should be writing about the good aspects of rugby league , not resort to gutter politics .

And to make matters worse , we now have another of the great whinger's of the game having his 2 bobs worth , none other then Wicky sunglasses Stuart . It's enough to make an old bestard like me wanna curl up and wither away in the heat of the noon day sun .

And another thing , it was 5 days before the game . For pity sake , surely they could have a few beers 5 days from the match ? Did they assault , rob or steal whilst getting to know the local cane toads , no , of course not . Cannot believe that there is to be an investigation into the matter , on the hearsay of an anonymous individual , whom refuses to be named , unbluudybelievable . It makes me bilious , to have to see and listen to those type of people .

Last edited:

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
This from the daily terror:

BOOZY BLUES NOT 'OUT OF ORDER': BENNETT

Wayne Bennett reckons criticism of NSW pair Josh Dugan and Blake Ferguson for drinking on a day off before State of Origin is a case of media “hysterics”, suggesting Queensland players were probably doing the same thing.

Dugan and Ferguson are under investigation for their alleged eight-hour session at the Lennox Point Hotel, five days out from last week’s series decider at Suncorp Stadium.

Bennett, who last coached the Maroons in 2003, said it was a “waste of time” worrying about it.

“I just thought it was one of those media beat-ups again,” Bennett told reporters on Wednesday.

“There’s been a bit of hysteria when we don’t really need it.

“The question (should) be how many Queensland players had a drink on Friday or Saturday? I bet you they weren’t perfect either.” Bennett said it probably would have been a talking point in the media even if the Blues had won.

“There’s a difference between having a few beers and being drunk and out of control,” he said.

“We lock these guys up for 10 days. I don’t know what they think they’re going to do with them.

“They get bored. They’re young men.

“You guys (the media) know a hell of a lot more behind the scenes than you want to publicly say, so the bottom line is I don’t think it was out of order what they did.

“They came home in a pretty good state.”

I'd sooner believe Wayne Bennett than any journalist.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
The most offensive thing I've seen on the matter is today's comments by Aaron Woods voicing his disappointment and stating every player "prepares" for a game differently. It makes me wonder what Woods does to prepare given he was so so so soft in Origin 2 and 3. Softest frontrower I can recall.

Anyway, despite all the hope the Origin 1 result brought, the Blues camp was clearly dysfunctional and that goes a long way to explaining the farce of Game 3.

Woods for his part, was pathetic in all games. Totally soft attempting to run and hit the line.

Cut his hair, throw on a skirt and you'd swear he was from Real Melbourne Housewives reality show.

Bench
The difference is that QLD wanted the win. NSW thought they had it all wrapped up.
Rothfield is just an ambulance chaser. With him the first casualty in writing a scoop is the truth
Maybe the NRL should fine them $10,000.00 for bringing the game into disrepute.

1st & 10

Juniors
The publican said no issues what soever, so who is confirming what you have in your post?
I have not seen any such matter published or any photos leaked to the media which I would suspect would have happened if all is as you say.

The GM was not there and said nothing happened. The duty manager, who was on "duty" confirmed their behaviour

Cheers mate

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Alright, this was FIVE whole days out from the game. It was their day off, a bit of alcohol DAYS out won't cause you to have an awful game. Dugan played well, Fergo was mediocre. But they weren't as bad as the other players who themselves were not publicised. Give me a break. Drinking 5 days out from Origin won't kill the team, and also, two players aren't the whole bloody team of 13 on the field. There are 11 other blokes in the team, most of which who played worse, and they weren't called upon however? How very stupid. And they're just the centre and winger. They're not the halves of NSW. If Duges and Fergo were, then yeah, you can blame them a bit. But just for having a couple o' drinks? Give the poor blokes a break.

1st & 10

Juniors
Then why wasn't this one covered up? Sounds like somebody upset a journo...

There are many factors as what is and isn't covered up. One aspect is acting like a goose in public. You know this, its common sense. Stop building strawmen

Latest posts