What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Thread LXXV: Remembering forgotten memories

Hmmm. So my former team mates are having a bitch that my group left without telling everyone we were moving onto a new cricket club face to face. They did it in our old FB group, but haven't removed me yet (they got rid of the rest of them). f**king merkins, there is no way we could see every single guy before the season starts. I personally called the captain, and another bloke called one of the life members in that team.

Oh well, f**k those merkins.

Bazal

Post Whore
Hmmm. So my former team mates are having a bitch that my group left without telling everyone we were moving onto a new cricket club face to face. They did it in our old FB group, but haven't removed me yet (they got rid of the rest of them). f**king merkins, there is no way we could see every single guy before the season starts. I personally called the captain, and another bloke called one of the life members in that team.

f**k 'em. Post that you told the important people face to face....t

Smack

Coach
Anyone else losing weight, have you struggled with snacks at times?

I am over a year and 16kg down, but I could do a lot better. Maybe 2 times a week I will snack on rubbish food that puts me over my daily caloric intake. It hampers my weight loss by slowing it down.

Bazal

Post Whore
Anyone else losing weight, have you struggled with snacks at times?

I am over a year and 16kg down, but I could do a lot better. Maybe 2 times a week I will snack on rubbish food that puts me over my daily caloric intake. It hampers my weight loss by slowing it down.

I started using a calorie counter. Not incredibly seriously but just to give myself a rough idea. If nothing else it's helped give me a bit more of an idea about what I was eating and made me rethink junk food and snacks and whatnot.

Of course I could also stop drinking, but I figure enjoying myself is worth the extra 3kg or so...I wouldn't mind getting to 86kg or thereabouts but at 88-89kg right now I'm not too stressed.

Smack

Coach
I have been using my fitness planet since march last year, everyday. My issue is will power if I see snacks :(
I started using a calorie counter. Not incredibly seriously but just to give myself a rough idea. If nothing else it's helped give me a bit more of an idea about what I was eating and made me rethink junk food and snacks and whatnot.

Of course I could also stop drinking, but I figure enjoying myself is worth the extra 3kg or so...I wouldn't mind getting to 86kg or thereabouts but at 88-89kg right now I'm not too stressed.

Bazal

Post Whore
I have been using my fitness planet since march last year, everyday. My issue is will power if I see snacks :(

Burn a few more calories to make up for it. Walk or run or whatever for 10mins more if you can

Honestly if you're under on balance at the end of the week it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Eg I'm not worried if I'm 600 calories under one day and then 200 over the next

Smack

Coach
I would but its too f**king cold now :(
Burn a few more calories to make up for it. Walk or run or whatever for 10mins more if you can

Honestly if you're under on balance at the end of the week it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Eg I'm not worried if I'm 600 calories under one day and then 200 over the next

Bazal

Post Whore
Gym?

Or jump on Gumtree and pick up an exercise bike for the lounge room. When I finally came out of my end of footy career depression after my reconstructions that's how I started, just bought a cheap exercise bike and watched shows or played Playstation while riding.

I'm no dietician or anything but I've always believed that people do better when they still allow themselves the odd treat, whether it's chocolate or junk food or cake or whatever. I think that trying to completely shun stuff like that leads to binge eating in a lot of cases...I also find having a meal plan for the week helps. You only buy what you need, you cook more and you eat healthier at home. Soup is great over winter, grab a dozen healthy soup recipes and you can do a soup or two a week and not get bored. After that it's just about habit. I find I crave junk a lot less now that I've been eating healthier for longer.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

I'm actually an admin of that FB page - so very tempted to update everything to my new club...

are you the only admin of that page?

if so.. just start slow.. change a couple of things at a time..

a logo here..

a picture there...

then maybe just delete one or two things that get posted..

then start banning people..

one at a time..

till you're left with the most vocal bloke who couldn't tell you anything to your face..

then at that point, convert the whole page to your new cricket club livery...

and then ask him what the f**k he is doing trolling your new club's page...

Latest posts