What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Recruitment Update

One will be a prop Millward has made that clear.

Players still unsigned Hind, Hutchison, Mathews, Marketo, Glymin, Dodd, Havili and Thompson.

If Hutchison gets a new deal which looks likely that leaves 2 and imo Thompson should get one and Hind, Havili and Dodd fight it out for the other.

I have to say Hind maybe the unluckiest of them all as I feel he is a developing prop who wouldn't cost the earth.

Mathews and Marketo are not needed and Glymin why he is still even signed is beyond me.

Millward should have a look at Hind if he can't find a prop from outside the club.

Last edited:

MilanDragon

Juniors
4 spots left to be filled in the 30 man squad for next year.

I could be wrong on this, but isn't there 8?

Because if Nona, Masoe, McCarthy, KFFLwere all in the top 26 squad and next year they are increasing to 30 that would be the 4 extra spots + 4 that have gone.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Millward seemed to indicate that 4 places were available in the 30 man main squad one being an external prop. I think that the other 3 players would be out of Dodd, Hind, Hutchison and Isaac Thompson.

Millward seemed to indicate that 4 places were available in the 30 man main squad one being an external prop. I think that the other 3 players would be out of Dodd, Hind, Hutchison and Isaac Thompson.
Hutchison has been offered another deal.

I am afarid Mathews and Marketo may get new deals as they sure as hell wouldn't been anywhere near my roster.

Dodd and Hind will suffer the same fate as Nona and Lewis given token contracts and let go.

Havili had been told he can move on and young Thompson i can see him moving on since Dufty can't get a go how on earth does he expect to.

Spudd

Juniors
I'd like Huthison to be kept. I see him more as a backrower than a half. Just have to get him eating more than he does now.
Thompson should be retained too. He's really come ahead this year. Trimmed down and playing better for it.
The rest I don't mind if they go.

Plenty of losses now for next year (Dugan, Packer, KFFL, Mose, McCrone, Milne, Nona, McCarthy).
Only really Ben Hunt in the gains column.
Something must be going on behind the scenes.
We can get by next year if we can find a quality prop to join the team. But it must be quality. Lillyman at this end stage of his career = shit.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Plenty of losses now for next year (Dugan, Packer, KFFL, Mose, McCrone, Milne, Nona, McCarthy).
Only really Ben Hunt in the gains column.
Something must be going on behind the scenes.
We can get by next year if we can find a quality prop to join the team. But it must be quality. Lillyman at this end stage of his career = shit.
Packers the only real loss we have.i think we should be getting some faster backs, the power game should only be used as needed . Nathan Blacklock or Ricky Walford is needed.

They will promote from within thats what i get from what is happening.

Oh and a story in the Mercury about the club looking within for a prop not surprised after listening to Millward i half expected this maybe the case.

Bench
I doubt we will have a new fullback and a prop. I'm still waiting on Millwards big signing he spoke about weeks ago

TomRedVRiver

Bench
One thing I did like about what Millward said was that there are no front rowers currently on the market that fit the criteria they're looking for.

He was basically saying that the club could sign any front rower currently off contract as a replacement, but with the ever changing landscapes in the market as it sits right now (with the salary cap uncertainty), they want to be patient and wait for the right replacement to become available. It's a smart play and it shows that they're not interested in the deadwood crop of players currently unsigned for 2018.

They will promote from within thats what i get from what is happening.

Oh and a story in the Mercury about the club looking within for a prop not surprised after listening to Millward i half expected this maybe the case.

Problem is Millward and Mary don't seem to on the same page, sometimes it's like thier not even reading the same book.