What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

Stallion

First Grade
The Professor is OK. At least he has played rugby league(high school level) and understands its origins and its physical demands. The show is palatable and is good for the quirky humorists that are out there.

AJB1102

First Grade
Am I the only person who doesn't find the Professor remotely funny?

Nah I can't stand the prick. His schtick started to get old last year when he got 5mins on Matty Johns. Now he's got 30mins with braindead Finchy and some fat f**kwit pretending to be a bar tender and cracking shit jokes.

Canned it after about 3 episodes except tuned in for the one with Fifita to see how badly he'd f**k it up. Thankfully every word is scripted to turn into a shit joke and Fifita played along.

no name

Coach
f**k I'm sick of Paul Kent calling on Origin players to say outlandish shit just so he and his grubby mates can cut them down when they do.
Also, can someone tell him that Qld scored first in Origin 2, so the 15000 times he has said 'Qld have been in front for 2 minutes this whole series' is a crock of shit, just like him.

Last edited:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
You know what NRL needs, right now.. another show that sole aim is to take the piss, out of the game and make it look like a laughing stock..

Match fixing, drugs, etc are all black eyes for the game, laughing about it a week after it happens and begging for more scandal, is pretty f**ked up..

I cant imagine another sport where you would see a show like professor 2nd year synderome.

All good to not take yourself seriously, but shows like this are the reason people are actually reluctant to say they are NRL fans..

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Put a Sunday Roast type or Boots n All type of show where they can reminisce about the old games and don't talk BS.

This crap about players not hating each other before Origin is always hyped up by the media. Deep down Im sure the players would love it but are probably too smart to not say the wrong thing.

Reactions: Vee

Stallion

First Grade
An international rugby league show would be handy! Especially coming into the world cup? Im sure something hosted by Andrew Voss would be appealing and appropriate. It could explore the many other nation leagues that the general public are not aware of. Wonder if news ltd would back that! ? Call it Rugby league Worldwide?

Last edited:
Reactions: Vee

thorson1987

Coach
why do the people who hate it and moan about it still watch it if they think it's shit?

How long has the Footy Show thread been going for in here.

People watch shit for the sole reason to find something to whinge about.

The Footy Show is shit, so I just don't watch it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You know what NRL needs, right now.. another show that sole aim is to take the piss, out of the game and make it look like a laughing stock..

Match fixing, drugs, etc are all black eyes for the game, laughing about it a week after it happens and begging for more scandal, is pretty f**ked up..

I cant imagine another sport where you would see a show like professor 2nd year synderome.

All good to not take yourself seriously, but shows like this are the reason people are actually reluctant to say they are NRL fans..

This is def an Australian thing, I cant think of any sport anywhere else that does this to the extent RL and AFL do here. Its a bit bizarre really.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Geez these ladies know how to get a guy to blubb! So whose next on League Life to turn on the water works?