What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

jonno_knights

Juniors
I'm reading this post but can't find what it is referring to Spot On...is there an article, tweet or something around that we are bidding for him? (BTW fully agree with the sentiment about going hard for him if he is a possibility for us - or at least screwing Wayne to have to pay bloody good coin to keep him)

No just watching the first half of last night's game was all. He turned the first half around for the Broncs with his ability to offload. The Dogs could not stop him. Very skillful big man.

I've been posting or months we should go in hard for both Tevita and Herman. Looks like we have one of them??? Both would be awesome.

Last night confirmed that he is a bloke you'd pay massive dollars for. I don't want him playing for nothing his entire career in Brisbane.

Fatila-Marina is another guy in the Mold of Pangai who is quietly stringing together a few good games with his ability to offload. They both seem to be able to bust through when tackled up high, and get the arms free. Marina's minutes have been limited all year, but the last three games with Graham out they've been bumped up.

He definitely dominated against us, and was one of the few bright spots for the dogs last night.

Only drama, is he seems to play on an edge a bit more, while Pangai can do his damage in the middle.

PhilGould

Bench
Looks like it's down to Mitch Rein or Michael Lichaa to be Levi's backup next season. Knights have already met with Rein and will meet with Lichaa this week before deciding on which one to pursuit.

PhilGould

Bench
Lichaa's best asset (his running game) has been coached out of him by Des, but he's still pretty young. If we can get him cheap I think he's worth taking a chance on.

Spot On

Coach
Lichaa's best asset (his running game) has been coached out of him by Des, but he's still pretty young. If we can get him cheap I think he's worth taking a chance on.

Mick Ennis has confirmed this about his own game at the Dogs.

Lichaa had huge wraps on him at Cronulla so was his game a lot different as a younger player compared to the Des style of play???? Can anyone comment??

For those Nathan Peats fans out there, is Lichaa's current game any different to the NSW origin hookers??? I'd say their games are almost identical atm.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Reins price tag is way too much but he does have the experience. However a one two with Levi and Lichaa would be pretty exciting.

ALSO. Maybe better to get Rein for 2-3 years until Starling is ready as well. But. By then Levi should be a 80mins player. I'm torn. Dunno. I rate Levi hugely and wouldn't accept losing him. Even if it meant sacrificing Starling in the future... besides need to give Starls at least 2 more years in lower grades... something a lot of 20 yr old players in this club haven't been given the chance to do.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
I think reins pricetag has dropped considering he's been languishing in nsw cup this year. I don't think there is going to be too much difference in price between rein or lichaa and I don't think either are in much of a position to be demanding too much money, clubs aren't exactly in a big bidding war for them.

There are benefits to both of them, on current form I'd prefer rein, however I'd like to see how lichaa would go under brown when he's encouraged to run.

I'd be content with either tbh. Neither players are going to make us world beaters but Levi is so much better when he gets a break in the game.

Burwood

Bench
I think we are at the stage of our recruitment where we need to stop signing players based on potential and start looking at what they are currently offering at club level. We have a lot of young guys with a very high ceiling, but not yet the experience around them. Some may succeed, but there are also some who no doubt will not kick on.

For me, Rein would be the safer bet. The only downside is his price tag. He is under contract for 2018 on big dollars, so unless it is Penrith trying to offload him, I can't see them chipping in a cent.

Johns Magic

Referee
I'd go lichaa. Cheaper, younger, higher ceiling

Me too.

He looked good in his short time in the NRL with the Sharks. The Bulldogs are a bore-athon.

Rein isn't the sort of experience we are after IMO, i.e. a rep player or a guy from a great club system.

I would be happy either way but I think Lichaa has more potential to be something special. And realistically if he isn't, he just won't get many minutes spelling Levi.

If Rein really is expensive it doesn't make that much sense to pay big for a reserve hooker IMO.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Is Rein really on good coin? Whenever i watched the dragons play last year, he came across like a hard worker who seriously lacked creativity and quality service.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
I reckon we could get rein cheap if the panthers wanted to offload him to free up some space. They could pay half his contract and we pay the rest.. that's all obviously in the panthers court and depends on their cap position.

Spot On

Coach
Hang on, just how much is Rein's price tag???? Why on earth would he cost much??? He can't get a gig so no demand.

Old dog

Juniors
The idea is to buy a hooker that will play reserves or good enough to push Levi to reserves not play both in firsts and have limited time on field, Buhrer is Good for 10-20mins of relief. We then have a replacement for firsts due to injury or poor form, like to see Yates developed along Buhrers style for reserves then we are all sorted for any event that arises

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
The idea is to buy a hooker that will play reserves or good enough to push Levi to reserves not play both in firsts and have limited time on field, Buhrer is Good for 10-20mins of relief. We then have a replacement for firsts due to injury or poor form, like to see Yates developed along Buhrers style for reserves then we are all sorted for any event that arises

No, the idea is to have a FG quality hooker that can spell Levi

Burwood

Bench
If we wanted a backup hooker we'd be keeping Randell. He's been quite strong in reserves this year, has built up about 50 games of first grade experience and isn't exactly attracting big offers from rival clubs. Hopefully he does hang around next year for depth.

Noname36

First Grade
Didn't we find out a while ago that some idiot had put Randall on an extremely high contract for his experience/skill level? I thought that's why he was asked to move on? I remember a figure like 300-350k being reported.