What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

Tommy Smith

Referee
It's a game of fine margins.

Hayne passes to BMoz in Game II and the Blues win 2 nil.

They were literally one Jarryd Hayne "Mundine 99 GF Hero play" moment away from winning.

And instead of being heroes, half the team are villains.

Fine margins indeed.

mxlegend99

Referee
Mitchell Pearce is adamant his latest State of Origin disappointment won't break him, but he concedes "there's obviously something wrong with the state" and its preparation after the Blues' game-three capitulation.

The post-mortems on the NSW camp and its culture continue despite Blake Ferguson and Josh Dugan escaping sanction for a drinking session just days before the decider. The NSWRL has absolved them of any wrongdoing, although the pair have conceded they would have refrained if given their time again.

However, some have pointed to that and other incidents as examples of a poor team culture, former Blues coach Phil Gould even suggesting he wouldn't allow his Panthers players to participate in future campaigns until it was overhauled.

The NSWRL will appoint an external consultant to conduct the first major review since the 2010 Canavan report in an attempt to get to the bottom of the latest failure. The Blues camps appear to be good starting points after Pearce admitted the preparation at Kingscliff for the final game fell short of what was required.

Pearce had no issue with the length of the build-ups – the maligned playmaker said he would happily reassemble for a "game four" if there was one – but said there were issues to address.

"At the end of the day, we all want NSW to win, we all want to do our best," he said.

"There's obviously something wrong with the state. The preparation and the way we're delivering, because we haven't won for a long time. I'm sure there are a lot smarter people than me who will work that out."

Pearce has taken much of the blame for the latest defeat. The 28-year-old has featured in seven series, but has never been on the winning side.

"As a half, I wouldn't want it any other way," he said.

"When you win, you get the result and the credit as a half. That's the joy of being a half, you ride the highs and lows. When you pull up short, you take some responsibility and you don't shy away from that.

"I was disappointed with the last game. It's disappointing, a kick in the guts.

"You can lie over it and whinge or you can get back up and play for your club and keep pushing yourself to be a better player. That's what I'll be doing."

Peace remains in contention for the Dally M medal, but hasn't been able to bring his club form into the interstate arena. However, he said the latest setback – he has lost 13 of his 18 appearances in the Blues jersey – won't scar him.

"It's disappointing that I wasn't able to win the series this year," he said.

"It was a big goal and something I had my mind set on. It was a lot of build-up for me, all sorts of angles, but I wanted to win just like the other 17 boys in the team.

"It's not going to break me. I'll go again. I bounced back for the Roosters last night and I'm looking forward to the back end of the year. There's plenty more to achieve."

NSW captain Boyd Cordner defended the culture in the NSW camp.

"In NSW we all get along like a house on fire," Cordner said.

"We all respect the coach and we train hard. We turn up and everyone respects the jersey. I can't see anything wrong with the culture with how it is at the moment. I love going into camp. We got the utmost respect for the coach and everyone buys into what we try to achieve. We played well in game one and most of game two, outplayed in game three.

"A lot of this is talked about because we didn't get the results which is fair enough."
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ong-with-nsw-preparation-20170722-gxgk0s.html

Pearce wants to blame the preparation for him being shit at Origin. He's not wrong though... Daley picked a team around him and made or his team... pretty stupid way to prepare for an Origin match.

Why is is that so many of the Mitchell Pearce knockers are Panthers fans?

Obviously because they want Cleary or Moylan in there instead of Mitchell Pearce.

Remove the Panthers fans and you only have two or three Mitchell Pearce knockers on the whole forum.

mozza91

Coach

Obviously because they want Cleary or Moylan in there instead of Mitchell Pearce.

Remove the Panthers fans and you only have two or three Mitchell Pearce knockers on the whole forum.
Everyone bar delusional Chooks fans and their alter egos are fully aware of Pearce's 17 pathetic Origin performances.

Apey

Staff member

Dont worry lad the rest of us think he's garbage too. Why do only Roosters fans stick up for him derrr.

Nice Beaver

First Grade

Put up a poll then genius.

Will be a landslide victory for the "Pearce is shit at Origin, good at club footy" party.

mxlegend99

Referee

No... we want NSW to win. I dont care who leads them to victory.

Obviously Pearce cannot do it. So picking him is just going to result in a loss.

lynx000

Juniors
It is probably telling that if Pearce was a Queenslander (a thought to leave us all lying awake at night and screaming in fear) he would be behind:-
Cronk
Thurston
DCE
Hunt
Norman
Milford
Munster
Ash Taylor

for a position in the halves with Qld. He would not even make the top 8. That tells the tale for the position that NSW in.

Amin Yashed

Juniors

Lol f**k off idiot, I'm a sharks fan. Nearly everyone I know dislikes Mythch at origin level. He's f**king hopeless.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
It is probably telling that if Pearce was a Queenslander (a thought to leave us all lying awake at night and screaming in fear) he would be behind:-
Cronk
Thurston
DCE
Hunt
Norman
Milford
Munster
Ash Taylor

for a position in the halves with Qld. He would not even make the top 8. That tells the tale for the position that NSW in.

I would put DCE towards the bottom of that list. No way I would want him near my club on that ridiculously long and large contract.

Cronk
Thurston
DCE
Hunt
Norman
Milford
Munster
Ash Taylor

Morgan is also a better half .
He also set up more tries than myth this series when playing at centre .