What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Eels @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 20: Wests Tigers v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
Effort was there

Makes me sad that a garbage team like parra are virtually assured of a top 8 spot 6 weeks out from the finals yet I've seen my side make 3 finals series in 28 years

Tigerm

First Grade
Nearly should never be good enough, our errors have proved costly, but a better effort.
For me:
Teddy was sensational
I thought Grant put in
Twal is going to a real good forward in the years to come

macnaz

Staff member
Parra's line speed in defence was fantastic , i guess the fact the refs thought 7 metres is about right HELPED! Throw in multiple professional fouls to kill momentum
We get raped every week but fmd i cant EVER recal seeing off side teams show up on a tv screen like this game , it would have been even more obvious at the game .
Btw.. first half , laying in the ruck penalty = penalty , 2 mins later they do it again and even more obvious but nah we will let Parra run down field and score or the back off it.

Tiger05

First Grade
We had heaps of good players. Eisenhuth was huge. Twal was great. Grant and Woods were great. ET put in his typical awesome game. Our wingers were huge our there. Nofo basically lets the opposition score a try a game but apart from that he is great.

Tui and Brooks had their moments but they both aren't consistently good and they both don't win us games like that. Tedesco was really good. Marsters was good.

Then we had some plays from Naiqama, Chee-Kam, Tui & Littlejohn that were poor.

We are honestly close to being a good team now but we need players who win us those close games.

Clifferd

Coach
Parra's line speed in defence was fantastic , i guess the fact the refs thought 7 metres is about right HELPED! Throw in multiple professional fouls to kill momentum
We get raped every week but fmd i cant EVER recal seeing off side teams show up on a tv screen like this game , it would have been even more obvious at the game .
Btw.. first half , laying in the ruck penalty = penalty , 2 mins later they do it again and even more obvious but nah we will let Parra run down field and score or the back off it.

I definitely thought Parra's line speed was suss. They either have the best line speed in the comp or that was a very skinny 10 metres

Vic Mackey

Referee
Chee-Kam has his best game in first grade. Apart from the stupid offload he was great. Twal and Eiso look like straight our first graders.

Marsters needs more involvement, really hoping next year he is moved to the back row where he gets more ball.

Our defence was the best it's been in ages. We held the Eels out 3 sets in a row twice.

Sadly I thought it was more our errors as opposed to good opposition play that lost usthe game. Same as the sharks game a few weeks ago.

axl rose

Bench
Last 5 minutes was as predicable as death and taxes

Maybe im being harsh but where has that game been from Grant? straight and hard all day. Must be contract time.

macnaz

Staff member
I definitely thought Parra's line speed was suss. They either have the best line speed in the comp or that was a very skinny 10 metres
I watched and replayed heaps of sets that could be seen wide on TV , one from a tap restart the Parra team were already at 7 metres before who ever took the tap had even got the ball passed to him from the sideline .. the worst i can ever recall seeing

Tiger Woody

Juniors

Maybe im being harsh but where has that game been from Grant? straight and hard all day. Must be contract time.

Well your right..it is contract time..
Tigers only want a1 year deal,Grant wants a 2 year deal for more security.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Yeah Grant was real good. I thought last year he was too, for whatever reason he started this year poorly. With all the talk about signing guys like Latimer, Gubb etc surely Grant would be better value and worth keeping around over those guys?

Tiger Ted

Bench
They r having a dig & our middle is more than matching it with opposition teams.

However our spine for '18 is a major concern.We don't have a competent game manager with a quality kicking game.

I'm sick of reiterating it but its a monumental blunder by Cleary to re-sign Brooks.He is the most inept game manager I've ever seen play at the top level.4 yrs of rubbish from this gump. Why does this left footed gump position himself on the left to kick for a field goal !!!

Cleary should seriously be looking around for a bargain half with a kicking game like Mitch Cornish.