What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

OldPanther

Coach
Pearce was dominant vs Newcastle.

He destroyed them, easily.

He played "ok" against an ISP level team.

Why is is that so many of the Mitchell Pearce knockers are Panthers fans?

Obviously because they want Cleary or Moylan in there instead of Mitchell Pearce.

Remove the Panthers fans and you only have two or three Mitchell Pearce knockers on the whole forum.

1. We want to win
2. Everyone is over Pearce at origin, not just us.

OldPanther

Coach
Cleary has inspired the Panthers to 9th.

We've had 5 spine combinations in 12 months. With some consistency we will be much improved. Can't say the same for Pearce's rep career.

Edit: he also went to week 2 of the finals last year with the youngest team in the comp lol.

Last edited:
Cleary will have to wait until he is at least 21 -- two more years -- before he will even be considered for State of Origin.

Mitchell Pearce is here and now. With a stronger pack of forwards, more real talent like David Klemmer instead of the pretender Aaron Woods, Pearce can shine in Origin.

Danish

Referee
We've had 5 spine combinations in 12 months. With some consistency we will be much improved. Can't say the same for Pearce's rep career.

Edit: he also went to week 2 of the finals last year with the youngest team in the comp lol.

Well, if you want to get technical Pearce has played with 6 different halves partners in his 7 series (Anasta, Barrett, Soward, Carney, Hodkinson, Maloney).

I honestly hope Pearce isn't selected next year. Moylan and Maloney can have a crack, with Maloney the next to get the shaft after we inevitably lose in 2018 and Cleary or some other poor bastard whose put his hand up.

OldPanther

Coach
Well, if you want to get technical Pearce has played with 6 different halves partners in his 7 series (Anasta, Barrett, Soward, Carney, Hodkinson, Maloney).

They should have stuck with Maloney as much as possible in my opinion.

I honestly hope Pearce isn't selected next year. Moylan and Maloney can have a crack, with Maloney the next to get the shaft after we inevitably lose in 2018 and Cleary or some other poor bastard whose put his hand up.

That's pretty realistic.

OldPanther

Coach
Cleary will have to wait until he is at least 21 -- two more years -- before he will even be considered for State of Origin.

Whether we like it or not he's being considered now. I think 2018 is a year early but it is what it is.

Mitchell Pearce is here and now. With a stronger pack of forwards, more real talent like David Klemmer instead of the pretender Aaron Woods, Pearce can shine in Origin.

Look I get you like Pearce but, right or wrong, his reputation at State of Origin won't survive this series. He had his Lockyer "You need to win" moment and it didn't happen. Might not be all his fault but that will be irrelevant to selections going forward.

Danish

Referee
They should have stuck with Maloney as much as possible in my opinion.

Maloney should have been given the gig in 2011 while he was having his break out year at the Warriors, either taking Pearce or Soward's place that series.

He never should have been out of the side since, and just been paired up with Pearce or Adam Reynolds from 2012 onwards.

Reynolds deserved more than 1 series to rise to the occasion also.

That's pretty realistic.

Well I could be pessimistic and say that trying to correct the original error of throwing an overhyped half with a famous dad to the origin wolves before he was ready will not be fixed by doing the exact same thing all over again..... but I'm holding out hope that Cleary will finally be the NSW flog halfback who can actually do something

OldPanther

Coach
Maloney should have been given the gig in 2011 while he was having his break out year at the Warriors, either taking Pearce or Soward's place that series.

He never should have been out of the side since, and just been paired up with Pearce or Adam Reynolds from 2012 onwards.

Reynolds deserved more than 1 series to rise to the occasion also.

Well I could be pessimistic and say that trying to correct the original error of throwing an overhyped half with a famous dad to the origin wolves before he was ready will not be fixed by doing the exact same thing all over again..... but I'm holding out hope that Cleary will finally be the NSW flog halfback who can actually do something

"Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it." Comes to mind. The only difference I can see is if they pull a storm/QLD and give him some spine players from Panthers for the comfort/familiarity factor.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Whether we like it or not he's being considered now. I think 2018 is a year early but it is what it is.

Look I get you like Pearce but, right or wrong, his reputation at State of Origin won't survive this series. He had his Lockyer "You need to win" moment and it didn't happen. Might not be all his fault but that will be irrelevant to selections going forward.
Shhh, facts mean nothing to Albert. His man-crush means he'll never concede that Pearce is beyond useless in SOO.

Shhh, facts mean nothing to Albert. His man-crush means he'll never concede that Pearce is beyond useless in SOO.

Facts mean everything to me. I await NSW finding some decent props to replace Swearin' Aaron Woods and Fatty Fifita, so Mitchell Pearce can get a chance to show his true talent.

Mr Saab

Referee
Yes Albert...always the forwards fault.
Go to youtube and watch 2nd half of game 3 2013 and watch how Pearce absolutely bottles the game with DOMINANT field position.

Latest posts