What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Team 2017

Shorty

Staff member
even as a NSWman, i don't want to see Cronk retire just yet. smith, slater, and cronk are as professional as they come and it'll rub off on munster now too, but Cronk is such a master at organising his teams. seriously, he's my favourite player....a leader. i don't think he's seen as such because he's played his entire career with smith.

just a f**king wonderful advertisement for rugby league this bloke. doesn't get into trouble, has beautiful bird on his arm, is practically single in melbourne with no kids but disciplined not to get on the piss and run amok down there. only thing he needs to do is straighten his nose.

would have been great to use this bloke regularly on ch9 over his career. the sort of bloke we need show off to the general public that inspiring articulate professional blokes do play rugby league.
I don't think Cronk drinks or parties much really either, sort of a nerd in a footballer body.

Buderus was sly cheat. He'd strip the ball in a two man tackle. By getting up real close, almost chest to chest so the officials and cameras couldn't catch it, he'd reef the ball out.

It was so satisfying that he was given the taste of defeat in his last Origin game. Dirty cheating ButtEarArse.

Mind you, compared to Gallen the guy was squeaky clean.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Buderus was sly cheat. He'd strip the ball in a two man tackle. By getting up real close, almost chest to chest so the officials and cameras couldn't catch it, he'd reef the ball out.

It was so satisfying that he was given the taste of defeat in his last Origin game. Dirty cheating ButtEarArse.

Mind you, compared to Gallen the guy was squeaky clean.

Haha fmd raking the ball out? Buderus is mr sheen compared to the grubby antics of smith

He's been very good this year. Why wouldn't people advocate for his inclusion. I think his ball playing and Munster's running game would be a strong combination.
The difference between DCE and Munster is: One shone on the Origin stage and one flopped. If Mitchell Pearce will leave any legacy behind, it will be that not understanding the difference between those who shine at Origin and those who flop, becomes a very costly misunderstanding.

OldPanther

Coach
The difference between DCE and Munster is: One shone on the Origin stage and one flopped. If Mitchell Pearce will leave any legacy behind, it will be that not understanding the difference between those who shine at Origin and those who flop, becomes a very costly misunderstanding.

I understand that and can see them picking someone else if form permits. I was meaning as halves partners not a 1 or the other scenario.

lockyno1

Post Whore
He's been very good this year. Why wouldn't people advocate for his inclusion. I think his ball playing and Munster's running game would be a strong combination.

I'd rather give Ash Taylor, Milford or Morgan a chance thanks. At least they haven't been woeful at Origin level like DCE has.

OldPanther

Coach
I'd rather give Ash Taylor, Milford or Morgan a chance thanks. At least they haven't been woeful at Origin level like DCE has.

So would I if it were my team. My point was this is people making a reasonable judgment based on form this year rather than NSW fans just saying nonsense about the QLD team.

slamminsam246

Juniors

BS! He played ONE game as starting halfback (on one leg FFS!!!) and was QUIET behind a beaten pack. This 'flopped' rubbish is sickening. Using that logic, Milford should never play Origin again? Hodges should never had played origin again (his debut was biggest ever origin choke)? Glasby? Rediculous someone can get hung out to dry for 1 game and others get basically ignored. FACT: If DCE was a Bronco/Storm/Cowboy, he wouldn't have missed an origin game since his maroon debut and there definitely wouldnt have been a debate in who shouldve come in for Thurston.
Ben Hunt?! Wtf!? He got $30000, a weeks worth of training with Cronk (clinic) and an 8min pressure-free confidence-boost basically just because he's a donkey and Kevvies mate (definitely not due to ability/form - has neither - got DROPPED to Qcup FFS!?!?). Corruption!!!

Munster and DCE should be halves next year (Morgs Utility) if Cronk isnt playing. Dce is very similar to Cronk (style, skill, footy intellect, right side etc.) and Qld need AT LEAST 1 kicking option (long and pressure building). The only other qlder half that has an effective and consistent kicking game would be C Norman. Dce, however, has played more games and has had better consistency and more star performances this year. Add that to the fact Cherry has played Origins b4 would have DCE a fair bit ahead you would think.
But then again, Walters mate Ben will probably get the nod......

Shorty

Staff member
Oh please.
Not with this shite again, Morgan/Munster were already in the camp, they'd been in the camp last year as well.
As did Ben Hunt, Walters trained Ben Hunt in the halves at the Broncos.
DCE didn't fit with the systems in place, he hadn't been there in years, Munster was fantastic in game 3 and was clearly the right choice.
Stop making out like it's some conspiracy because if there was DCE would never have been picked to begin with and he has represented before.

slamminsam246

Juniors
Oh please.
Not with this shite again, Morgan/Munster were already in the camp, they'd been in the camp last year as well.
As did Ben Hunt, Walters trained Ben Hunt in the halves at the Broncos.
DCE didn't fit with the systems in place, he hadn't been there in years, Munster was fantastic in game 3 and was clearly the right choice.
Stop making out like it's some conspiracy because if there was DCE would never have been picked to begin with and he has represented before.
Everyone with the slightest bit of intelligence knows DCE is a much much better player than Hunt and should have been selected. Morgan and Munster i can cop cause they were part of the squad the whole series, Hunt was part of the Ipswich Jets squad. Put ya obvious bias bs aside. It was a farce.
Dce fit into the system just fine and was good off the bench before his ONE quiet game. Dumbarse Qld supporters like yourself just needed a scapegoat for losing the 2014 series and after game 2 the pitchforks come out for DCE. Bout time to move on and let the best players play rep football, not the most liked ones and certainly not Qcup players that are mates with the coach.

Last edited: