What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NRL Club Membership

moffla

Bench
Huge. Actually quite remarkable growth in the past 5 - 6 years. Anyone know of a database where I can check clubs history?

taipan

Referee
Outstanding - they've really done a great job down there in all respects. Well done Storm.

Roosters 15,508. Hopefully can push to reach 16,000 this year.

Sharks now 15,211 (a record) we're coming to get you Rooster.

Reactions: H.H

aarondoyle

Juniors
I'm happy for any membership, but I'd love to see the numbers for ticked (maybe min. 6 games) per club as well.

Dakink

Bench
I'm surprised that so many sheep keep rejoining the Dragons with the crap going on in the club.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm happy for any membership, but I'd love to see the numbers for ticked (maybe min. 6 games) per club as well.

I suspect there is a lot of one game memberships given it seems to be a membership driver strategy. With game KO times being so sporadic and weather conditions having big impacts due to poor facility stadia it shouldn't be surprising that full memberships are not that high.

Billythekid

First Grade

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good its still going up but 7000 new members for 32 staff salaries isn't exactly a great return for the nrl's investment.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yes, because every business should measure the success of implementation over a single season rather than a series of years lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes, because every business should measure the success of implementation over a single season rather than a series of years lol

It's only the last two years that the nrl has funded two fulltime membership staff per club. Given the expense of 32 staff a pertinent question to ask if the return this year has met the investment I'd have thought. Maybe we have peaked?

taipan

Referee
If my memory is correct ,the figures cited in the NRL annual reports included NSWRL and QRL memberships.
Someone clarify if that is or is not the case.
If it is ,2017 numbers are far better at this point in time.

hrundi99

First Grade
It's only the last two years that the nrl has funded two fulltime membership staff per club. Given the expense of 32 staff a pertinent question to ask if the return this year has met the investment I'd have thought. Maybe we have peaked?

They work on renewals as well, don't they?

Perth Red

Post Whore
If my memory is correct ,the figures cited in the NRL annual reports included NSWRL and QRL memberships.
Someone clarify if that is or is not the case.
If it is ,2017 numbers are far better at this point in time.

The figures above are just the club membership totals

taipan

Referee
OK so the figures are still up marginally after a big jump the prior year." Code in crisis" warning sign from the Fremantle Doctor.
Souths the 2nd biggest Membership club are down in 2017,wonder why that is LOL?The Dogs after 2016 efforts are down this year surprise, surprise.Dragons have hardly inspired much.

To summarise we are at least up and some clubs well up Storm,Sharks Canberra, and Tigers .whilst some down for obvious reasons.The ones who are well up, got support from somewhere perhaps?Head office?

Just a little footnote.Or a reality check.In addition to non performance of teams having some affect, poor stadiums or lack of cover/seating are not going to encourage larger numbers of people to take up memberships.
Again what effect the cost of living is having on people who may want to be members, but financially are hesitant to do so ,because of employment uncertainty, mortgages who knows!!!

Membership is up marginally on a previous big jump ,a plus.but AFL have had a history of such ,and have all seater oval stadiums .Also memberships have not been ruled ,across yet in 2017.
Crowds are down a minus, many reasons already alluded to..
TV ratings down a minus;TV ratings down for many sports around the world I understand.
New stadiums and improved ones to be completed by 2021 a plus.Even Nth Qld getting a new one.

Perth Red

Post Whore
OK so the figures are still up marginally after a big jump the prior year." Code in crisis" warning sign from the Fremantle Doctor.
Souths the 2nd biggest Membership club are down in 2017,wonder why that is LOL?The Dogs after 2016 efforts are down this year surprise, surprise.Dragons have hardly inspired much.

To summarise we are at least up and some clubs well up Storm,Sharks Canberra, and Tigers .whilst some down for obvious reasons.The ones who are well up, got support from somewhere perhaps?Head office?

Just a little footnote.Or a reality check.In addition to non performance of teams having some affect, poor stadiums or lack of cover/seating are not going to encourage larger numbers of people to take up memberships.
Again what effect the cost of living is having on people who may want to be members, but financially are hesitant to do so ,because of employment uncertainty, mortgages who knows!!!

Membership is up marginally on a previous big jump ,a plus.but AFL have had a history of such ,and have all seater oval stadiums .Also memberships have not been ruled ,across yet in 2017.
Crowds are down a minus, many reasons already alluded to..
TV ratings down a minus;TV ratings down for many sports around the world I understand.
New stadiums and improved ones to be completed by 2021 a plus.Even Nth Qld getting a new one.

Typical childish reaction. Bury your head in the sand if you like but this year is plateauing, either needs some new initiatives to keep the great gains made going or acceptance we have hit our ceiling. Now if they'd just share how may are reasonable ticketed memberships make up that number we'd have an even better picture of the reality.