What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

Coutinho is gone... I'ts obviously upsetting but let's be honest it was always going to happen eventually.

£75 is the reported figure which I think is fair enough.

£75?! You sure your not missing something there as I can't see LFC selling hmi for 75 quid somehow ;)

Seriously though, just like Liepzig with Kieta, if a club does not want to sell, no amount of money can force them to sell. As such I doubt, at this time, that Couthino is going anywhere. It would not be a good message to any potential signees as it would weaken the squad at a time when it needs bolstering in terms of quality and quantity.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
£75?! You sure your not missing something there as I can't see LFC selling hmi for 75 quid somehow ;)

Seriously though, just like Liepzig with Kieta, if a club does not want to sell, no amount of money can force them to sell. As such I doubt, at this time, that Couthino is going anywhere. It would not be a good message to any potential signees as it would weaken the squad at a time when it needs bolstering in terms of quality and quantity.

Yeh you're right they are reporting 89 is the magic figure now. Tbh if we got that I wouldn't be overly upset at all. As good as Coutinho is I think that price should be reserved for top 5 players in the world and I would have Coutinho a step below that, he definitely has the potential to get there though.

Only won't be disappointed if we get someone to replace him obviously... not sure why we haven't thrown our hat in the ring for Barkley.

Yeh you're right they are reporting 89 is the magic figure now. Tbh if we got that I wouldn't be overly upset at all. As good as Coutinho is I think that price should be reserved for top 5 players in the world and I would have Coutinho a step below that, he definitely has the potential to get there though.

Only won't be disappointed if we get someone to replace him obviously... not sure why we haven't thrown our hat in the ring for Barkley.

My point about the figures was you were missing the magic word "million" as in "75 million". That is why I was saying I don't think Liverpool would sell him for 75 quid :p

However 89 million pound, so what. It would be a decent price, but you would blow the lot on getting someone of similar quality to replace him based on the prices quality players are being sold for in this window. That does not make much sense, especially this close to the start of the season. It would not really improve the squad, and would send the wrong message to any prospective signees either.

As to Barkley, simple, Everton would not sell him to Liverpool come hell or high water. Also I don't think he's that good to be honest.

saint.nick

Coach

With all due respect, you're crazy.

- Liverpool sell coutinho, pocket in 90 million quid, and then what? They fail to find a great replacement and then struggle to consolidate the top 4 finish because they lost their best player while competitors kept theirs and strengthened. Liverpool are never going to win if they operate with a selling-club mentality like that. This could very well be the season that coutinho becomes world class, f**k forgoing that possibility just for the sake of 90m that Liverpool doesn't really need anyway.

- It doesn't matter what you believe is a fair price, it's about what the market is. If Lukaku costs 75m then coutinho is a lot more than that.

- And Ross Barkley? Are you bloody kidding me?

Lemon Squash

First Grade
With all due respect, you're crazy.

- Liverpool sell coutinho, pocket in 90 million quid, and then what? They fail to find a great replacement and then struggle to consolidate the top 4 finish because they lost their best player while competitors kept theirs and strengthened. Liverpool are never going to win if they operate with a selling-club mentality like that. This could very well be the season that coutinho becomes world class, f**k forgoing that possibility just for the sake of 90m that Liverpool doesn't really need anyway.

- It doesn't matter what you believe is a fair price, it's about what the market is. If Lukaku costs 75m then coutinho is a lot more than that.

- And Ross Barkley? Are you bloody kidding me?

Bro you know how Football works, Coutinho was always going to move on from Liverpool inevitably. The time has come, he wants to leave... what if we force him to stay another season, he gets an injury or plays like shit because he doesn't want to be here and then he's only worth 60?? Its not selling for the sake of it if he wants to go imo.

Correct so if Lukaku was 75 and Coutinho is an extra 14 on top of that it sounds about right to me. Which for mine is overs for both of them even in an inflated market.

Barkley yeh I will cop the shit over that, but I do think the kid has some potential though.. I think if he goes to Spurs he will turn into a pretty handy player.

If I'm in charge I'm sitting Coutinho down, asking him bro do you really want to go to Barcelona? I remind him that we have been pretty solid the last few seasons and have a pretty good squad this year capable of giving it a shake if you are a part of it... If he still says that he wants to go, then so bet it. You get the 89 million offer from Barca. You take your time trying to find an adequate replacement for 30-40 million (yes understandably its hard to replace a Coutinho) either another AM or a 9 because I think Firmino is capable of dropping back into Coutinho's position. Use the rest of the cash as needed to strengthen the squad.

It will be an epic fail though if we sell Coutinho late in the window and then try and buy a replacement in a rush for massive overs just like the Andy Carroll fiasco.

saint.nick

Coach
Bro you know how Football works, Coutinho was always going to move on from Liverpool inevitably. The time has come, he wants to leave... what if we force him to stay another season, he gets an injury or plays like shit because he doesn't want to be here and then he's only worth 60?? Its not selling for the sake of it if he wants to go imo.

Correct so if Lukaku was 75 and Coutinho is an extra 14 on top of that it sounds about right to me. Which for mine is overs for both of them even in an inflated market.

Barkley yeh I will cop the shit over that, but I do think the kid has some potential though.. I think if he goes to Spurs he will turn into a pretty handy player.

If I'm in charge I'm sitting Coutinho down, asking him bro do you really want to go to Barcelona? I remind him that we have been pretty solid the last few seasons and have a pretty good squad this year capable of giving it a shake if you are a part of it... If he still says that he wants to go, then so bet it. You get the 89 million offer from Barca. You take your time trying to find an adequate replacement for 30-40 million (yes understandably its hard to replace a Coutinho) either another AM or a 9 because I think Firmino is capable of dropping back into Coutinho's position. Use the rest of the cash as needed to strengthen the squad.

It will be an epic fail though if we sell Coutinho late in the window and then try and buy a replacement in a rush for massive overs just like the Andy Carroll fiasco.

Pretty handy isn't the most glowing endorsement when you're talking about a guy to fill coutinhos shoes!

You know how football works but you don't know how winning works. You can't expect to reach the top if you keep selling your best players. Arsenal are the biggest case in point - but at least they needed the money, at least a lot more than Liverpool do now.

Until coutinho is fighting his way out and showing indications he will not 100 percent put in, he stays. As far as everyone knows, Barca interests him, but he remains settled and in no particular rush to go. If you seriously think that accepting a bid for him while he is somewhat apathetic is smart then I don't know what to say.

Pretty handy isn't the most glowing endorsement when you're talking about a guy to fill coutinhos shoes!

You know how football works but you don't know how winning works. You can't expect to reach the top if you keep selling your best players. Arsenal are the biggest case in point - but at least they needed the money, at least a lot more than Liverpool do now.

Until coutinho is fighting his way out and showing indications he will not 100 percent put in, he stays. As far as everyone knows, Barca interests him, but he remains settled and in no particular rush to go. If you seriously think that accepting a bid for him while he is somewhat apathetic is smart then I don't know what to say.

Also to add to you point Nick, at no time has Couthino or "his people" indicated that he wants out of Liverpool to go to Barcelona. All the talk has been coming from Barcelona wanting him and not Couts wanting to go to Barcelona.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I don't know CA, apparently Couts have spoken to Neymar a lot about Barca and his agent has a few chats with Barca.

I don't think we'll lose him this season, imo it'll more than likely be a Suarez arrangement. Give us one more year then you have our blessing to go with a shotload of $$$$ coming our way.

Have to laugh at Barca wanting to include fringe players in any deal with us. I'd be saying straight cash or no deal and payment terms are how we want not what Barca want. They got Suarez at a steak for 62m, we better bleed me dry for Couts

We apparently told PSG last season that 100m euros is the bare minimum we'd accept.

saint.nick

Coach
I don't know CA, apparently Couts have spoken to Neymar a lot about Barca and his agent has a few chats with Barca.

I don't think we'll lose him this season, imo it'll more than likely be a Suarez arrangement. Give us one more year then you have our blessing to go with a shotload of $$$$ coming our way.

Have to laugh at Barca wanting to include fringe players in any deal with us. I'd be saying straight cash or no deal and payment terms are how we want not what Barca want. They got Suarez at a steak for 62m, we better bleed me dry for Couts

We apparently told PSG last season that 100m euros is the bare minimum we'd accept.
Let him stay for at least one more year and then in the mean time do our best to convince him for more than one year. The best way to do that is actually win things and make some progress (and no, not the league cup or Europa league). But whatever happens, it's all on our own terms.

ggmu

Juniors
Let him stay for at least one more year and then in the mean time do our best to convince him for more than one year. The best way to do that is actually win things and make some progress (and no, not the league cup or Europa league). But whatever happens, it's all on our own terms.
Let's no go putting down the Europa and League Cup. I think we can all agree they are up there with the Community Shield as some of the most prestigious trophies in world football. ;)

thorson1987

Coach
SOS are conducting a big poll for LFC fans to vote on safe standing.

Is it just me, or is the whole debate about it amongst the fan base just utterly f**king perplexing? It's pretty obvious that all-standing did not cause the disaster - criminal crowd control did - and even if it did have a big causal role, the standards between 2017 and 1989 are so great that it makes it redundant anyway.

Quite merely, we are only talking about the introduction of zones where fans are allocated a specific space to either stand or sit in, with a nice sturdy rail in front of them to prevent them falling into rows below - so one would think that all seating zones are perhaps actually more dangerous to spectate in? Just look at the kop, a large, relatively steep grandstand where people often stand the whole game with nothing but bodies in front of them to soften a forward tumble, yet all these fans are more worried about the safety of spectating zones that have additional safety designs? Seriously, this irrational Hillsborough crap has left so many LFC fans behind the curb on this topic.

According to facebook, 88% voted in favour of it.

Mong

Post Whore

Your lot aren't going to win the league or champions league though so FA cup it is then? :)

saint.nick

Coach
Sky confirming that Couts wants to leave, but there is no sign of him forcing his way out, which would leave Liverpool in a strong position. An editor on the site Napier and I read said that Barca will offer Andre Gomes in a deal, who is a very talented lad. That makes me a bit more comfortable with selling coutinho.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I'd love us to tell Barca we want all cash and plenty of it upfront for Couts. The Gomes player offer isn't too shabby tbh but I'd still love us to stick it to FCB like RBL have done to us.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Kinda get the feeling Southampton will do business with anyone but us for VVD and you can't really blame them.

klopp is definitely to blamed for stuffing this transfer up. VVD would be a red by now if we went about it the right way.