What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

truthslayer

Juniors
Honestly paasi's statistics are insane compared to Clark and turner. I know we've resigned them both but I don't know if turner can continue to justify his sn first grade with the numbers his putting out.
Turner is out performing Musgrave and the twins in tackle counts , and way ahead of clarke, just thought id throw that stat , your comparison is hypothetical as Paasi has not played for the rabbits and you cannot compare different games , id prefer if you used stats from our players to get a true indication of who is doing what.

Turner is out
Kyle averages 56.2 minutes a game

Kyle averages 73 metres per game with 27 tackles per game

Paasi averages 38 minutes per game.

Paasi averages 106 m per game
with 20 tackles per game.

Paasi isn't anywhere close to being considered an elite prop or lock yet pumps out much better numbers than turner does. We need another explosive prop/lock and turner has shown he doesn't have that ability. We don't really need both Clark and turner in the team if you move Sam to prop..

8. Sam
9. Cook/Farah
10. Musgrove
11. Sutton
12. Crichton
13. Paasi

14. Fuimaono
15. Murray
16. Gurgess
17. Turgess

18. Clark
19. Turner

This is a well balanced side with a mix of both experience of youth.

You could even swap Sam and Paasi.

We won't be making any external signings until the salary cap is settled for next season. It looks like it'll be $800k less than planned and two or three clubs have been working under the assumption of the higher figure.

We still have a bit of room to move and some signings to make but the feeling is that what we need isn't necessarily available at the moment and we'll be waiting to see who gets shaken loose at some of these other clubs.

Imagine if Cronulla was one of those clubs and gray was forced to stay at Souths for unders..

I don't think you'll find it will be someone who has just signed a new contract... More likely, it'll be players that will be entering the last year of current deals.

The three clubs that are rumored to have over budgeted for next year are Penrith, Canterbury and the Raiders. Apparently the Dogs are the worst of the three and will need to shift $800k worth of talent. The other two are only over by about half that.

Of course, that is based on what has been reported in the media regarding the theoretical cap number for next year.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I don't think you'll find it will be someone who has just signed a new contract... More likely, it'll be players that will be entering the last year of current deals.

The three clubs that are rumored to have over budgeted for next year are Penrith, Canterbury and the Raiders. Apparently the Dogs are the worst of the three and will need to shift $800k worth of talent. The other two are only over by about half that.

Of course, that is based on what has been reported in the media regarding the theoretical cap number for next year.

That's really interesting maybe we can get one of canterbury's props for a bargain!

Itsamansgame

Juniors
In my opinion there is one big question mark hanging over any signing or who it may be,that's who will be coach next year.
If we are keeping Madge or recruiting another coach will definitely definitely play a major role.
In the meantime we wallow in lala land!

southsport

First Grade
Cook can do the job to but Hunt has a long term future at the club imo. A few clubs are watching him. Good talent.

I think the club will sign a few more players and also bring up our bright outstanding stars in the under 20s

I don't know what has happened to Phoenix Hunt he's not on the radar atm, is he injured?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I don't know what has happened to Phoenix Hunt he's not on the radar atm, is he injured?

I don't know if he's injured or not but earlier in the year officials were giving him a massive wrap. He's a short guy just like Luke! Has insane pace out of dummy half (takes a lot of scoops like Luke used too).

Souths need to take the time into developing him though. If we end up releasing him like we do with all our juniors then it's just a rinse and repeat fail. Hunt has the goods.