What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R21 Sat - Roosters 22-16 Cowboys @ Allianz

Round 21: Roosters v Cowboys

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

some11

Referee
Congrats to the Roosters, supreme effort without Jake and to a lesser extent Mick.

Connor is a hell of a kick returner.

butchmcdick

Immortal
Not a big win/loss but significant.

Considering how little ball we had in the second half I thought we did ok to keep it to six

Plus we created some chances at the end of the match but we're not composed enough to convert them

At the end of the day the roosters weee the better team but I don't agree we are cannon fodder if we make it to the second week of the finals

I reckon this year it's the storms comp to lose

Shorty

Staff member
Understandable id u have no hope of winning the comp which I think u do.

Also rate Javid Bowen.
He was fighting it out with other wingers before he signed with the Knights though.
We actually have a fair few waiting in the wings (pardon the pun), Ponga is a livewire in attack but his size and defense is not up there.
Bowen is the next winger in line and then Mosbey after that.

beave

Coach
Windsor? I thought you indicated you came from bush tucker land.

Born and bred, went to school next door to 1300Beeths. People get jobs that require them to move around the country. Penrith fans know the phenomenon called 'job' yeah?

elyod138

Bench
He was fighting it out with other wingers before he signed with the Knights though.
We actually have a fair few waiting in the wings (pardon the pun), Ponga is a livewire in attack but his size and defense is not up there.
Bowen is the next winger in line and then Mosbey after that.
Ponga is ahead of Mosby at the moment. Mosby seems a long way away from first grade at this stage. Not sure if he's injured or if it's mental.

Pedge1971

First Grade
No because in this game called Rugby League, there's 2 disciplines that make up the very fabric of the game.

One is attack, which young Kalyn looks to have squared away somewhat.

The other is defence. As a Penrith fan, I know this is an area which you will be somewhat unfamiliar with, but young Kalyn in due course with some gym time will be competent at but at this stage, struggles deluxe with.

JT is living proof u can structure a defence to hide inadequacies but get your point re size.

Question is will he score u more points than he comcedes. I reckon yes. Cannot say the same for some of your other backs. But yes I am biased and you guys see more of him.

elyod138

Bench
JT is living proof u can structure a defence to hide inadequacies but get your point re size.

Question is will he score u more points than he comcedes. I reckon yes. Cannot say the same for some of your other backs. But yes I am biased and you guys see more of him.
Who? You keep saying he's better than our other backs, which ones would you drop?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Yeah, it was alright, nothing like the 'ville though but I can appreciate all areas of this great land. You should looks to leave your mums basement one day, it might enlighten you a bit........

How does he leave thw basement when daddy has the keys to the chains?

Shorty

Staff member
Ponga is ahead of Mosby at the moment. Mosby seems a long way away from first grade at this stage. Not sure if he's injured or if it's mental.
That's a shame.
He does seem to be a confidence player.

ed-grimley

Bench
Considering how little ball we had in the second half I thought we did ok to keep it to six

Plus we created some chances at the end of the match but we're not composed enough to convert them

At the end of the day the roosters weee the better team but I don't agree we are cannon fodder if we make it to the second week of the finals

I reckon this year it's the storms comp to lose
I'm looking forward to the Rd 26 Queensland derby.

beave

Coach

Im not a JT fan boi, but his D is highly under rated. I watched JT for 9 years straight in NQ and the amount of work he does off the ball that gets missed on TV is phenomenal. Is he going to be great front on like Johns was, of course not because he is a completley different build to johns. He is a skinny lad that cannot comepte with a shorter stockier guy like AJ but he is still more than capable at 6/7 and gets thrown a heap of traffic his way because he is who he is. But his cover work and desperation in D that ends up turning into attack due to a strip
or getting to a desperate kick on the last cannot be underestimated.

He wouldnt beat johns in front on defensive capabilities but he's beat him in busy covering tackles and off the ball work in defence

Neither is worse or better, they're just different.

Imagine having both in the one club side, it would be like watching the Harlem Globe Trotters.

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
Well that was a game of two halves

In the first half the officiating benefited the Cowboys then in the second half they decided to favour the Roosters. At times in that second half I was scratching my head wondering what the Cowboys had done wrong

Either stay the f**k out or referee to the rules. Don't pick and choose which rules you're going to enforce and when.

The result and flow of the game had little to do with on field endeavour and more to do with opinion.

I will take the win but if I were a Cowboys fan I would be wondering why my team could go from Angels to Devils whilst doing the same thing

adamkungl

Immortal
Well that was a game of two halves

In the first half the officiating benefited the Cowboys then in the second half they decided to favour the Roosters. At times in that second half I was scratching my head wondering what the Cowboys had done wrong

Either stay the f**k out or referee to the rules. Don't pick and choose which rules you're going to enforce and when.

The result and flow of the game had little to do with on field endeavour and more to do with opinion.

I will take the win but if I were a Cowboys fan I would be wondering why my team could go from Angels to Devils whilst doing the same thing

Gotta even up that penalty count