What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Raiders - Match Day Thread

truthslayer

Juniors
Sometimes it is the coaches fault though.Madge has made next to zero changes to the game plan that won him the Premiership. Every club clues up to the tactics used by the team that won the premiership in past season. Only very talented squads with very good coaching systems in place can combat it in the following season.

Madge has not been able to replace Issac Luke. He has two blokes at the club who are very much capable of doing that, but he's got them eating each other for game time instead of letting them get 80 mins out there to do their job. I'm a big Farah fan, but Souths should never have bought him. You had Cook. Farah, who is still a top quality NRL rake whose form demands he still plays in NRL, has meant that Cook has had to fight for game time that he too was also demanding via his form.

Cook is the clubs future hooker and playing well enough to have the gig permanently.

Farah should have gone to Newcastle.

It's hard to get a good feel in attack when a quarter of your spine changes mid game every week.
your opinion of cook is the complete opposite of mine

souths_reborn

Juniors
Look I get what you're saying but I also don't agree with it. Yes teams do a lot of one out plays to get out of their own half. But even when we're close to the line we can't put together a set play fast enough without the opposition putting too much pressure on us. Our attacking structure is boring, Our pass are predictable and besides the Burgess boys and Crichton our forwards are getting overpowered. We are practically last in nearly every statistic on the field.
This is the product of a lack of organisation and coordination on the part of our halves rather than us not having come up with anything that is innovative and exciting. In short, what you are saying is the exact reason why halves get the big dollars in the competition - because they are able to execute plays that ultimately put points on the board. In saying that, your point about our forwards is valid. I am particularly baffled by our decision to let Nathan Brown go! How on earth we are arrived at the conclusion that he was worth only $120k a season I will never know!

Personally when I watch us play footy and then watch the sharks or the storm play footy you can easily tell the difference between the 2 teams and us. Sharks play a very powerful game through the middle and have forwards who have a great ability of offloading, ball playing etc.. through this offloading and ball playing they will always have their 5/8th and fullback lurking around the ruck ready to pounce if a good offload is thrown. The only forwards who can offload in our side are the Burgess'. For the amount of hate they get they do not have enough support through the middle.
The Sharks look so deadly because of James Maloney's dominance. If it weren't for him then they wouldn't be anywhere near as successful. In saying that, they do have creativity in the centres via Jack Bird and an excellent fullback in Valentine Holmes. However, we aren't exactly lacking in those areas either. We have Greg Inglis, Alex Johnston and Cody Walker - all players who are more than capable of playing with flair. We also have a world class centre in Dane Gagai coming next year so we aren't exactly short on talent. As I've said, the difference is in the execution which is a product of the halves.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
This is the product of a lack of organisation and coordination on the part of our halves rather than us not having come up with anything that is innovative and exciting. In short, what you are saying is the exact reason why halves get the big dollars in the competition - because they are able to execute plays that ultimately put points on the board. In saying that, your point about our forwards is valid. I am particularly baffled by our decision to let Nathan Brown go! How on earth we are arrived at the conclusion that he was worth only $120k a season I will never know!

The Sharks look so deadly because of James Maloney's dominance. If it weren't for him then they wouldn't be anywhere near as successful. In saying that, they do have creativity in the centres via Jack Bird and an excellent fullback in Valentine Holmes. However, we aren't exactly lacking in those areas either. We have Greg Inglis, Alex Johnston and Cody Walker - all players who are more than capable of playing with flair. We also have a world class centre in Dane Gagai coming next year so we aren't exactly short on talent. As I've said, the difference is in the execution which is a product of the halves.

Haha fair enough I'm hoping things get better next season because I struggle to watch Souths play sometimes!

Liberate Souths

Juniors
How anyone can credit a coach when the players are playing worse than they were 3 years ago is beyond me.

There is no future and the Rabbitohs are dreaming.

That bunny has hopped out of the oval, he wants out.

The eyes aren't angry anymore, they are tearful.

Farah is not at his best but has still represented value, especially when the tigers have been paying his salary.

Those that want the status quo, they want to keep us imprisoned with no way out.

How many games have we won this year?

We are soft, soft tries and soft in the head. Going gets tough we panic and duck for cover.

They keep this (most of this) side and coach intact, we may as well be expelled again until their contracts run out.

themacemaceman

Juniors
An interesting view on last nights game our starting Hooker.

"We did let in some tries but defensively we were good we just gave them too much ball. Completions is a big thing for us."

Damien Cook discusses the result in his Fujitsu Post-match Reaction.

Liberate Souths

Juniors
.....fact.....

"We got within striking distance and surrendered"'

"Our mental attitude needs to examined to find out why we slow down or otherwise tune out at critical times in matches."

" Our mistake rate is improving. We make far more fundamental errors than we used to. "[/QUOTE]

Latest posts