What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The troll cave

Liberate Souths

Juniors
A lot of people stayed on the RMS Titanic...

This is a thread for the patriots, those who weep for the club.

The burrow will thin out like the old days.

Great grandpa and his virginblue scarf who saw our last win in 2014. Of course, he opposed the forced merger with Easts in 2030 but at least he saw us win a few games in '35

The dogs are barking and the caravan has tipped over.

It's inhumane and frankly, just irrational... to disrespect anyone who is now re-considering their Rabbitoh fandom and/or membership options.

We dont sign up for excuses. We expect results and or at least some hope.

There's nothing there, the barrel is empty. A generation of shame beckons and we have our blinkers on.

Pick up that phone Richo...do something!

Last edited:

Liberate Souths

Juniors
Whilst I haven't agreed with some of what you've said since you've joined I respect you!!!!!

You'll learn that on here there are some that like sugar coating it and sticking with mediocrity seems to be all good to them!!!!!!

Enough don't say it as it is on here!!!

The top 4-5 teams have much better depth than we do!!!! FACT....
Better depth is better management!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Will always love this club and up until this year have been a member since 1981.
I'll tell you a story about when I have been the most disgusted by our management though.
Back in the mid 70's when our club nearly went bust,people like myself and my family got right behind trying to pull them out of the shit,the late great Don Lane was the main player in putting so much time and financial help towards our efforts .One of our ideas was that members could purchase a Gold or Silver plaque with our name on it that would always be displayed at our Chalmers street club,I had just turned 13 at that stage and had been saving for ages to get myself a new dragster push bike,instead I gave it all to my dad to get my name on a gold plaque on that wall.
My family and many over proud Souths supporters have plenty of coin for our cause.
Our names were still up on that wall until they trashed our old club and built the new premises and believe it or not all our plaques went out with the trash also.
That is something that will always eat at my loyalty.
Cheers itsa

Wow that's f**king rough. Great story didn't think they would do something like that!

Liberate Souths

Juniors
Why do you say fact when it's just your opinion?

What isn't a fact about what I said?

You really think the players from 21 are playing better?

Have you ever watched Robbie play for Souths keeping Cook out for most of the season?

How good is Cook these days?

Last two games we fought back only to wave the white flag, with plenty of time left.

Do you know what you are talking about?

Farah going to Newcastle?! Ffs how factual was that mr mod sir.

Im glad jt got the last laugh v the tigers. He saw the rot early and nobody liked what he had to say. By the crickey, he was 100% right about that.But he was dead wrong about the value of Robbie.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
What isn't a fact about what I said?
All of it is your opinion. Can you link me to your source of facts?

You really think the players from 21 are playing better?
I didn't say any such thing. I merely asked why do you say fact all the time when giving your opinion?

Have you ever watched Robbie play for Souths keeping Cook out for most of the season?
yes.

How good is Cook these days?
Irrelevant to the question I asked.

Last two games we fought back only to wave the white flag, with plenty of time left.

Do you know what you are talking about?
Yep. I asked, very clearly, why do you say fact all the time when giving your opinion?

Farah going to Newcastle?! Ffs how factual was that mr mod sir.
Where did I say it was a fact. It was my opinion. Thats why I didn't say FACT after it. Furthermore, my mod status has zero to do with my post. Why bring it up? Is it because you're a small minded angry twat who likes to feel like he can take the fight to the man? I don't bring your lofty stature as a f**kwit into my posts,

Im glad jt got the last laugh v the tigers. He saw the rot early and nobody liked what he had to say. By the crickey, he was 100% right about that.But he was dead wrong about the value of Robbie.
Again, entirely irrelevant to the question I asked.

I now have two questions, the first of which remains unanswered:

Question 1: Why do you say Fact all the time when giving your opinion.

Question 2: Do you know the difference between OPINION and FACT?

You can just answer these questions instead of going off on dopey tangents ENTIRELY UNRELATED to the question I asked.

Curns13

Juniors

I didn't say any such thing. I merely asked why do you say fact all the time when giving your opinion?

yes.

Yep. I asked, very clearly, why do you say fact all the time when giving your opinion?

Where did I say it was a fact. It was my opinion. Thats why I didn't say FACT after it. Furthermore, my mod status has zero to do with my post. Why bring it up? Is it because you're a small minded angry twat who likes to feel like he can take the fight to the man? I don't bring your lofty stature as a f**kwit into my posts,

You can just answer these questions instead of going off on dopey tangents ENTIRELY UNRELATED to the question I asked.
I think I love you.

Liberate Souths

Juniors

yes.

You have a bad case of running onto a forum and abusing people for no reason. I didn't start this, you did with your silly " fact" comment. If you're in a management role, you should be making this forum a welcoming place for recent comers.

I said the Souths players from 21 are not playing as well as they did. If you think otherwise, you would be the only person on earth, including the players themselves who thinks so. Fact.

Under this coach, these players have got worse, not better. Look at their stats, look at their game. He's done his dash. Fact.

And because I've seen them play, I am a witness to how hopeless they have become. How would you prove your facts mr angry unit?

Robbie Farah has played a lot better for this club than other players. And he's a leader and he is an elite player. You inferred he was worse than cook. Fact.

You really think Souths didn't play poorly in the back end of the last 2 games? Not even our hopeless coach thinks that. Fact.

I am not a small minded twat, you came in and got all ugly for no reason. You are quite unreasonable with your horrible comments.

By the way: A fact can be asserted by something you see, hear, say, feel physically or smell.

You don't even have any facts, just an opinion. And it's an nasty, bitter anti-social opinion.

Besides, I am not beholden to answer any of your questions on your command.

If I want to call you a mod I will in any context I choose and it's not for you to gripe or whine about that especially if you are one?!

Have I broken the law of the forum with that?!

So get your dark humour away from me, press ignore and go and pick on someone because you can't face facts, you don't have any of your own, you are a nasty for no reason and pretty much yet another online bully.

All your swearing in your argument weakens it too.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
You have a bad case of running onto a forum and abusing people for no reason. I didn't start this, you did with your silly " fact" comment. If you're in a management role, you should be making this forum a welcoming place for recent comers.

I said the Souths players from 21 are not playing as well as they did. If you think otherwise, you would be the only person on earth, including the players themselves who thinks so. Fact.

Under this coach, these players have got worse, not better. Look at their stats, look at their game. He's done his dash. Fact.

And because I've seen them play, I am a witness to how hopeless they have become. How would you prove your facts mr angry unit?

Robbie Farah has played a lot better for this club than other players. And he's a leader and he is an elite player. You inferred he was worse than cook. Fact.

You really think Souths didn't play poorly in the back end of the last 2 games? Not even our hopeless coach thinks that. Fact.

I am not a small minded twat, you came in and got all ugly for no reason. You are quite unreasonable with your horrible comments.

By the way: A fact can be asserted by something you see, hear, say, feel physically or smell.

You don't even have any facts, just an opinion. And it's an nasty, bitter anti-social opinion.

Besides, I am not beholden to answer any of your questions on your command.
I asked a question. You chose to respond to it with a load of crap that didn't answer the question.

I asked the questions again. You posted this lot of snot.

Again, none of this is fact. It is all your opinion. You are entirely well within your right to express it. But don't go around trying to tell everyone it's a fact. Just because you believe it doesn't mean it's a fact.

All I'm asking is for a bit of honesty. Judging by the responses I got, it appears a number of people feel I was asking legitimate questions.

In the forum guidelines, that you said you agree to when you created your account, there is a section that focuses on sourcing claims:

Sourcing Material, Copyright and Allegations
It is important that members provide a source to back up any claims. Any posted material without a source (URL or published reference) may be removed. By 'material' we mean any text or image which is posted by members in the forums. The removal of any such material is totally at the discretion of the site owners, Admin and Mods of LeagueUnlimited.

If I want to call you a mod I will in any context I choose and it's not for you to gripe or whine about that especially if you are one?!
If you are entitled to call me a mod then equally I am allowed to respond to that. My mod status had zero to do with my question. It still has zero to do with this conversation.

Have I broken the law of the forum with that?!

So get your dark humour away from me, press ignore and go and pick on someone because you can't face facts, you don't have any of your own, you are a nasty for no reason and pretty much yet another online bully.

All your swearing in your argument weakens it too.
Luckily for both of us, moderators cannot put members on ignore, as that quite defeats the purpose of being a moderator if you really think about it.

So just to be clear, you feel its okay to go around and aggressively push your OPINIONs onto fellow forummers and pass them off as unsubstantiated facts, and thats perfectly fine, but others can't be nasty to you.

Good luck with that.

So...

Liberate Souths

Juniors
I asked a question. You chose to respond to it with a load of crap that didn't answer the question.

I asked the questions again. You posted this lot of snot.

Again, none of this is fact. It is all your opinion. You are entirely well within your right to express it. But don't go around trying to tell everyone it's a fact. Just because you believe it doesn't mean it's a fact.

All I'm asking is for a bit of honesty. Judging by the responses I got, it appears a number of people feel I was asking legitimate questions.

In the forum guidelines, that you said you agree to when you created your account, there is a section that focuses on sourcing claims:

Sourcing Material, Copyright and Allegations
It is important that members provide a source to back up any claims. Any posted material without a source (URL or published reference) may be removed. By 'material' we mean any text or image which is posted by members in the forums. The removal of any such material is totally at the discretion of the site owners, Admin and Mods of LeagueUnlimited.

If you are entitled to call me a mod then equally I am allowed to respond to that. My mod status had zero to do with my question. It still has zero to do with this conversation.

Luckily for both of us, moderators cannot put members on ignore, as that quite defeats the purpose of being a moderator if you really think about it.

So just to be clear, you feel its okay to go around and aggressively push your OPINIONs onto fellow forummers and pass them off as unsubstantiated facts, and thats perfectly fine, but others can't be nasty to you.

Good luck with that.

So...

You clearly don't know what a fact is.

You apologise to me for your hate and in my own time I will get you your stats.

Btw You should report yourself in for abusing people "flaming" or whatever.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you have gone off your nut very quickly and thought I was criticising your opinion of Souths.

That is not the case at all. Your opinion on the club is irrelevant to me and to my questions. I don't care what your opinion on Souths is and I'm not standing in the way of you sharing it. Go for it.

What I want to know is why you state your opinion is fact?

Despite what you think of me, which I also don't care about, but also will not stop you from expressing it, saying FACT at the end of your opinion comes across to others as though you are ramming your opinion down their throats, irrespective of whether that is your intention or not. It doesn't matter if you agree with that assessment or not, that is what's happening.

And that my friend entirely diminishes the value of your opinion in here. Instead of people discussing your views, you get fellow members making personal attacks, or being entirely dismissive of your posts, because they come across as being indirectly condescending of other members.

Despite how it may appear, based on both our reactions, I just want the best for this and all forums. If by you dropping one simple word achieves that, then I don't see what the big problem is.

That is why I asked the question.

So here's the situation:
You can accept what I've said and make some very minor changes to your posts and I'll f**k off out of here.

Or we can continue this pissy charade and I'll hang around for as long as I want.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
You clearly don't know what a fact is.

You apologise to me for your hate and in my own time I will get you your stats.

Btw You should report yourself in for abusing people "flaming" or whatever.
This is how it will work:
I will definitely and immediately apologise to you once you have provided evidence/sources/stats/etc for every single thing you have ever claimed on this forum is a fact but never supplied evidence/sources/etc for.

OR

You can change the way you post and address your fellow Souths forummers here (as mentioned in my last post) and I'll leave you alone.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rabbits20 and foreverinourshadow.

I have a serious question for you both.

Do you want to have genuine conversation about Souths in this forum?
Or do you want to be treated like pains in the arse, constantly disrespected and abused?

Liberate Souths

Juniors
I think you have gone off your nut very quickly and thought I was criticising your opinion of Souths.

That is not the case at all. Your opinion on the club is irrelevant to me and to my questions. I don't care what your opinion on Souths is and I'm not standing in the way of you sharing it. Go for it.

What I want to know is why you state your opinion is fact?

Despite what you think of me, which I also don't care about, but also will not stop you from expressing it, saying FACT at the end of your opinion comes across to others as though you are ramming your opinion down their throats, irrespective of whether that is your intention or not. It doesn't matter if you agree with that assessment or not, that is what's happening.

And that my friend entirely diminishes the value of your opinion in here. Instead of people discussing your views, you get fellow members making personal attacks, or being entirely dismissive of your posts, because they come across as being indirectly condescending of other members.

Despite how it may appear, based on both our reactions, I just want the best for this and all forums. If by you dropping one simple word achieves that, then I don't see what the big problem is.

That is why I asked the question.

So here's the situation:
You can accept what I've said and make some very minor changes to your posts and I'll f**k off out of here.

Or we can continue this pissy charade and I'll hang around for as long as I want.[/QUOTE

You abused me, called me names and swore at me for no reason whatsoever ( I did nothing to you) and you won't apologise.

Fine, you just hang around then and I will take my facts and fug off out of here.

Give yourself a pat on the back as I close the door on my way out.

And go and ask a lawyer what a fact is.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Furthermore, to everyone else, if some members agree to change their ways somewhat, for the better, will you all be willing to be more hospitable to them, to try and encourage decent conversation instead of constant attacking back and forth with zero substance?

Liberate Souths

Juniors
This is how it will work:
I will definitely and immediately apologise to you once you have provided evidence/sources/stats/etc for every single thing you have ever claimed on this forum is a fact but never supplied evidence/sources/etc for.

OR

You can change the way you post and address your fellow Souths forummers here (as mentioned in my last post) and I'll leave you alone.

Thanks for swearing at me, abusing me and effectively bullying me out of the forum.

Latest posts