What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Moses

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I remember in that game V the Cowboys O'Donnell collected Smith in or around the head in a targeted attack to rattle him early on too.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Zero missed tackles tonight,
Most pleasing part of his game, he is even starting to put a few shots on.

As I mentioned in the game thread shout out to Avenger he called Moses as our the man we should chase 12 months ago.

He called it and was 100%

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It's complicated and happened a while ago, but if I remember correctly, the ten metres was judged from where the ball was picked up by the dummy half (instead of where the tackled player played the ball). This brought the defensive line closer, which led to a rapid change in defensive tactics that allowed teams to compress and get numbers into the tackle. It was very hard to get the ball around this sort of defence. There was also a change where teams could start moving up sooner than they previously had. This might've been related to the bloke playing the ball rather than the dummy half or maybe I'm misremembering.

The important point is that the NRL changed a rule definition rather than a rule, in response to the up-and-dump touch footy style tactics that Brian Smith perfected in 2001. This is why we have the record for points scored in a season. This change had a huge effect on the way teams defended (up-and-in replaced the slide defence), and thus on the way they attacked. This seemed to make significant changes to how valuable some players were, and many of ours went from stars to mere first graders. Huge forwards suddenly became more valuable again.

The surrender tackle had a big effect too but I think it was brought in a few years later.
It was also the year of the gang tackle which Sticky perfected.

But well summed up Pou, Vella went from a superstar to a nobody overnight.

IFR33K

Coach

As I mentioned in the game thread shout out to Avenger he called Moses as our the man we should chase 12 months ago.

Avenger will blow his load if he sees this post. Imagine if Moses was a Serb what he'd do???

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gee its a shame we cant her from Tiger Woody, I really value his opinion

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We are all Serbs deep down. Still can't believe Suity is one.

Anyway thanks hineyrulz I'm just tryng to get to 85%, Sitting on about 50% now.

I knew I was on a winner when Sterlo bagged him. His record is worse than anyone of us here.
No one on here can get close to Mr 85%

Gazzamatta

Coach

Although I rated Moses based on his 2016 form for The Tigpies, I was very disappointed we didnt secure Widdop.
Wrong again Gazza. Great call Veng.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Although I rated Moses based on his 2016 form for The Tigpies, I was very disappointed we didnt secure Widdop.
Wrong again Gazza. Great call Veng.
Widdop was my preferred option as well, i still think he would of worked well with Norman but Moses has been a masterstroke.

Gronk

Staff member
Widdop was my preferred option as well, i still think he would of worked well with Norman but Moses has been a masterstroke.

Joey had a boner for both Norman and Moses last night.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAh8AAAAJDI4OTgzM2YzLWQyY2ItNDE2Mi1hM2Y3LTQ0ODQwYmE3ZmRhZg.jpg

Latest posts