What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The troll cave

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Maybe this question has put Madunit in a very very deep thought process?...Shadow...
images

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Question: For Madunit...P.S. good luck;)...Shadow...

Who am i?

i have represented Australia as a kangaroo
i have represented QLD in rugby league
i have played rugby league in NSW
i have played rugby league in England
i have represented Australia in rugby union
i have represented NSW in rugby union
i have represented a rugby union team in New Zealand
i have played Australian rules Internationally
You picked one guy who I've written an article about.

Pat Walsh.

Also served in WWI

His first game of Rugby League was playing for QLD. He hadn't played club football at the time.

Furthermore, his treatment by the Metropolitan Rugby Union in 1904 was a pivotal moment in the birth of Rugby League.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
How do you play Aussie rules internationally?
Do you not mean international rules?
He played in an expat competition set up in South Africa in 1905. He played in the side that won the Grand Final in that competition too.

He also played Rugby Union in NZ where he was regarded as the best RU Forward in the world. He was lured to RL in 1908. He played for Queensland, two games for Newcastle and then was selected to play for Australia on the Kangaroo Tour. He was the first of the Kangaroo's to be approached by an English side when Huddersfield signed him at the end of the tour.

doyen

Bench
He played in an expat competition set up in South Africa in 1905. He played in the side that won the Grand Final in that competition too.

He also played Rugby Union in NZ where he was regarded as the best RU Forward in the world. He was lured to RL in 1908. He played for Queensland, two games for Newcastle and then was selected to play for Australia on the Kangaroo Tour. He was the first of the Kangaroo's to be approached by an English side when Huddersfield signed him at the end of the tour.

That was a very obscure question from Shadow.

Only a real student of the game would be onto that.

Congrats to Shadow for setting you the task but it seems you knew the answer instantly.
I really had no idea & could only connect the code-hoppers of recent times.

I did know,however,that Hunt & Folau had not played against Ireland in the hybrid internationals.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
That was a very obscure question from Shadow.

Only a real student of the game would be onto that.

Congrats to Shadow for setting you the task but it seems you knew the answer instantly.
I really had no idea & could only connect the code-hoppers of recent times.

I did know,however,that Hunt & Folau had not played against Ireland in the hybrid internationals.

Folau was my first guess as well. Don't really know many code hoppers of the game. Doesn't help being a lot younger either.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade

Madunit absolutely a brilliant reply Sir... i must say you know your stuff.....hmmmm maybe ile send you another question soon:p...Shadow...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
i shall send you that question on my own thread that DKOR gave to me The Thread is Called: forevermakingthreadafterthread.....cheers Shadow boy your a good one.....

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Sorry, I don't get on the forum til late on Thursday's through to Sunday's

Hi madunit i am thoroughly enjoying our footy quiz i think your BRILLIANT to say the least i have given you another question at forevermakingthreadafterthread please reply there if you dont mind cheers Shadow:p...

Rabbitoad

Juniors
C'mon Toadboy don't be in denial. You're not the only fool who watches mate.
Never watched it in my life, but let me guess what you mean.

You hate Muslims and Africans, have a hard on for Donald Trump and cry ":sob:fake news:sob:" whenever people say something you can't form a logical argument against?

southsport

First Grade
Never watched it in my life, but let me guess what you mean.

You hate Muslims and Africans, have a hard on for Donald Trump and cry ":sob:fake news:sob:" whenever people say something you can't form a logical argument against?

Typical lefty reply, when losing the argument pull the racist card out of the box. :rolleyes:

Latest posts