What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons v Titans Round 23

ALSGI

Bench
I can't wait for this game, really excited for a Saturday arvo Kogarah game. Forecast is Sunny day about 18. The band will be playing, the boys will be pumped and the ever faithful fans will be be there in our best Saturday arvo gear.

Should be at least 3 Titans fans there after their 54 point loss. Neil Henry will be scratching his head trying to work out how to beat the Dragons again, if Mary will try a power game again, or if they can score another couple on Nighty's flank, if Duges will play the whole match this time or if Dragons will take penalty goals to make it 2-0, then another penalty goal to come back to 4-4 again like in round 17, or will the Dragons have a real f**king crack this time? Henry would be shitting himself honestly after the 1 try we scored last time.

Anyway, very excited. Mary, Hornby and Young know what they're doing right?

From NRL.com after the last game when we lost 20-10:
An uninspired Dragons attacking performance had just one bright moment in the 58th minute when the introduction of Josh McCrone off the bench straightened their attack and enabled Jason Nightingale to put Kurt Mann over in the corner.
It was their only try of the night however and coach Paul McGregor will now have two weeks to ponder what his best halves combination will be for the latter part of the season as they strive to maintain their place in the top eight.

Very f**king excited about this game.
Can't wait for Tuesday's team listing.
Sorry guys, only positive I could come up with was a sunny day at Kogarah.

Gareth67

First Grade
I have just come to the realisation that our Mary has been playing us all for fools !
After reading the Dragons stats in today's Tele. it now becomes quite obvious that , the wiley old fox has been playing games with all and sundry .

Quite simply put , the Dragons only just scraped into the 2015 semi and went no further .
Last year we just missed out . Whereas in 2017 the sly old fox has taken a different approach that will see our boys go deep into the final series .

Lose to the weaker teams by playing shatty football , thus giving the impression to other teams that we are useless. Then make a final run by playing our very best in the last 4 matches of the comp , thus guaranteeing our semi berth on 32 points . One can only dream . :innocent:

Last edited:

MilanDragon

Juniors
I have just come to the realisation that our Mary has been playing us all for fools !
After reading the Dragons stats in today's Tele. it now becomes quite obvious that , the
wiley old fox has been playing games with all and sundry .

Quite simply put , the Dragons only just scraped into the 2015 semi and went no further .
Last year we just missed out . Whereas in 2017 the sly old fox has taken a different approach that will see our boys go deep into the final series .

Lose to the weaker teams by playing shatty football and then make a final run by playing our very best in the last 4 matches of the comp , thus guaranteeing our semi berth on 32 points . One can only dream . :innocent:

Oh how I wish you're right.

One good thing about having a mid-late season slump is if you come out of it and go on a hot run it's late enough in the season where that run can take you late in the finals (if you get there). Whereas the panthers' run started early and I don't think they could maintain that for the rest of the season plus finals Included.

ALSGI

Bench
After reading the Dragons stats in today's Tele. it now becomes quite obvious that , the
wiley old fox has been playing games with all and sundry .

Lose to the weaker teams by playing shatty football and then make a final run by playing our very best in the last 4 matches of the comp , thus guaranteeing our semi berth on 32 points . One can only dream . :innocent:
Have to admit I didn't see this coming.
Mary is a sly old merkin after all.

hewi

Bench
After reading the Dragons stats in today's Tele. it now becomes quite obvious that , the wiley old fox has been playing games with all and sundry .

Mate, that's not a dream it's a nightmare as it would guarantee he stays on.

Gareth67

First Grade
Sorry gentlemen , but I was sitting outside on the porch whittling away on a piece of timber when the blade snapped . So I end up sleeping and well , as I said , it was a only a dream .

Sorry gentlemen , but I was sitting outside on the porch whittling away on a piece of timber when the blade snapped . So I end up sleeping and well , as I said , it was a only a dream .

Gareth, go straight out now and book yourself into a clinic for urgent councilling.

I dream about beautiful women laying on the beach naked on a warm sunny day.

You are dreaming about Mary :open_mouth:

SaintPauli

Juniors
We are now officially out of the top 8 for the first time this year. Must win next week NO EXCUSES ANY MORE !

Here's to you Dragons team and coaches.

thebigredv

First Grade
Maybe the reality of being out of the 8 will light a fire under their asses.

If they couldn't get up for the last two games, there's no chance this will be any different. Friday was our worst performance this year. We are saving our worst for last as the expression goes.

I hope McGregor gets flogged and I suppose if that means us getting flogged then so be it. How else will we get rid of him? Same thing was being said this time last year, and talks of no members, protests etc. Smoke and mirror show again, running a sprint in a marathon, and 12 months later we are back to square one. We are a a rabble. Other teams lick their lips at the prospect of playing us. It wouldn't be so bad if we were a team like the Titans, but we are a club steeped in history and to watch McGregor pee all over us is torture. Shame, shame shame....and so Titans by 4.

Life's Good

Coach
The puzzle is falling into place.
Panthers, manly win titans coming off a flogging with Hayne now due for a big one.Raiders looming, Cowboys busted & seemingly there for the panthers to beat.
While we have hit the wall.
What a wasted season this is turning out to be. 3 more wins would have had us knocking on the door of the top 4 yet here we are pretty much at a 'mathematical chance' stage. What a joke.

Latest posts