What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Curtis Rona, Brenko Lee & Darcy Lussick All approached!

mickeylane

Bench
All 3 players have been sounded out by Dragons recruitment regarding their availability for next year.. All players are contracted for 2018..

Makes sense that Dragons want to add size and pace w Rona and Lee - would form a damaging right side of attack! And Lussick is an animal albeit little brains!

Source: Players Agents..

Let's see

Gareth67

First Grade
Always liked Lussick , although as you say Micky , there doesn't seem to be much filling in the sandwich ? Still he has the size to even up the pack and make a good pair of bookends with LAM and Vaughan . He would come relatively cheap also , that would still leave a bit left in the kitty .

dragonssamy61

First Grade
All 3 players have been sounded out by Dragons recruitment regarding their availability for next year.. All players are contracted for 2018..

Makes sense that Dragons want to add size and pace w Rona and Lee - would form a damaging right side of attack! And Lussick is an animal albeit little brains!

Let's see

Mickeylane
Dont mind lussick plenty of mungeral.
Hopefully he can grow a few brain cells.
Would love rona.
But not lee imo

Let's see

Can you reconfirm that Dragons are charging towards the September/October?

Thanks

Straight Shooter

Frank Facer

First Grade
I would take Rona.

I thought Brenko Lee was going excellent for Canterbury at the start of the year. I would not mind him too.

I think Nightingale should retire at the end of this season.

Lussick has failed to gain a permanent starting position at Many and Parra. I am not sold on him, but he would be a decent bench prop.

Belta

Juniors
Yes I'd hope we got both Rona and Brenko Lee. They would be very astute acquisitions considering our current roster. Our backline would have plenty of depth. Not sure about Lusick, may add depth to our bench

mickeylane

Bench
A big no for all three of them.

Would rather promote from within the club if that's all that's on offer.

Lussick and Lee = dumb and fumbler.
Rona yes is good but we have speedy young juniors coming through.

Promote the young guys into the back line and save the dollars for the right prop.
We need height, pace and strength.. Rona and Lee 6'4 each, strong, fast, tackle Brewers and try scoring machines both of them..

Our backline is made up of midgets and weaklings ( Aitken, MANN, Nightingale, Dufty) all small and none threatening - can only carry one of these backs IMo .. Think a backline of :

Dufty
Mcdonald
Lafai
Lee
Rona

WIDDOP
HUNT

that backline will score 600 points in a season on its ear!!

Last edited:

tumbidragon

First Grade
Would take Rona in heart beat. Don't mind Brenko apart from his obvious shortcomings, he's been the only positive in what is the worst dogs side I've seen. IMO not a good fit with us though, considering how vulnerable our edges can be.
Darcy is agro Ryles MKII. He can f**k right off...

Latest posts