What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

Big Pete

Referee
Since the start of 2017...

W vs Dolph Ziggler - SD 3/1/17
L vs John Cena - SD 10/1/17
L @ Royal Rumble - 29/1/17
W vs AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose & The Miz - SD 7/2/17
L vs Bray Wyatt, AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, John Cena & The Miz - Elimination Chamber
L SmackDown Battle Royale - SD 21/2/17
L vs Randy Orton - SD 21/3/17
L vs Dean Ambrose - Westlemania 33
W vs Dean Ambrose - SD 4/4/17
L vs AJ Styles & Sami Zayn - SD 11/4/17
L vs AJ Styles - SD 18/4/17
L vs AJ Styles - SD 25/4/17
W Corbin/Mahal/Steen def. Styles/Orton/Zayn - SD 9/5/17
L vs Randy Orton - 16/5/17
L vs Sami Zayn - Backlash
L vs Sam Zayn - SD 23/5/17
L Zayn & Nakamura def. Corbin & Owens - SD 30/5/17
L Styles/Nakamura/Zayn def. Corbin/Ziggler/Owens - SD 13/6/17
W Money in the Bank '17
W vs Sami Zayn - SD 27/6/17
W Corbin & Owens def Styles & Nakamura - SD 18/7/17
L vs Shinsuke Nakamura - Battleground
L vs Shinsuke Nakamura - 25/7/17

7 W - 16 L

He's the South Sydney Rabbitohs of the WWE.

It's difficult to care about a guy with that sort of record. Especially for a guy who is still developing as an in-ring guy and is only so-so with the mic.

I do actually like him though and I remember really wanting to see a stable with Rollins, Corbin, Solomone Crowe (Callihan) & Jimmy Jacobs to try and flesh out the Rollins character. I thought if they gave him some trophy hunter gimmick ala Jericho 1998 it would be sweet.

Baron is a little Raw but he has an awesome look and some pretty cool offence (I like the End of Days as a finisher and I love the deep six as a move). Will be interesting to see if he goes over Cena at Summerslam, but I feel he has been booked a little poorly. His feud with Ambrose petered into nothing with the shake up (and was a little underwhelming due moreso due to Dean), then they put Zayn over him, before putting him in a program with Nakamura which he was never going over in.

There are whispers he may cash in on Nakamura at Summerslam although he's not ready for that yet. Let him go over a babyface or two in glorified squash matches (be it Gable, Tye or Sami) and maybe put him over Cena at Summerslam too and he will have proper momentum to have the title. If Jinder has shown anything, you can't put the title on someone who hasn't been booked to earn it.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get the whole surprise element of putting the strap on Jinder, but he just doesn't deserve it. It's made a mockery of the belt.

However at the same time, Smackdown is so bereft of genuine Heavyweight contenders, they've had to manufacture a roster for the top title, which means there will be a few smokeys. RAW is doing all it can to kill Smackdown just with the Rosters.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rollins and Ambrose are finally back together as a tag team.

Why not have them on Smackdown competing for the main belt instead of being a midcard tag team?

Ambrose just doesn't do it for me, half the time he just doesn't look like he gives a shit and his matches and promos have been ordinary since he finished working AJ. Seth has talent but his face turn was a disaster because they had HHH turn on him after Summerslam but insisted on blowing that off at Mania when there wasn't enough juice for things that needed to be addressed in September were ignored until January. To be honest, neither have any momentum and tagging together might actually do something for them, a mini shield reunion might get the fans interested in them, but without Roman I am not sure if it'll work, and Roman doesn't really need it at the moment.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
All fair points mate. But given SD has f**k all top end talent, they would immediately be welcomed as superstars to SD. Give one of them the strap and then kick off their fued from the Shield days and run with it longer. If they die in the arse, then reunite them on SD

SD is simply being starved of a lot of talent

Smackdown has the talent and star power, you have Cena, Orton, Style & Owens who have all held a world title this year, plus talented guys like Corbin, Rusev, Nakamura, Ziggler & Zayn. What hurts the show is the fact they have the world title on a glorified jobber and have some of their better talent fighting over minor titles. Sure you would like to see someone like Balor or Rollins come across and add to the talent there, but they have a decent roster. I think a deeper mid card would help, but a lot of what they've got isn't being used (Kanellis, Harper, Rowan, Rawley, Ryder are all barely seen on TV these days).

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
What was the point of that?
That's one less possibility happening at summer slam.

Will he recover from this, i wonder...

Pugzley

Rollins and Ambrose are finally back together as a tag team.

Why not have them on Smackdown competing for the main belt instead of being a midcard tag team?
The whole segment was abit cringe worthy. Like Twilight or something similar.

Senor-Chang.gif

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The whole segment was abit cringe worthy. Like Twilight or something similar.

Senor-Chang.gif
Rollins "hold my hand"
Ambrose "nah dude, that's gay"
Rollins "you a bitch"
Ambrose "ok, here, hold my hand"
Rollins "but you wouldn't my hand before, why should I hold yours now?"
Ambrose "lets have a cuddle"
*rolling around on the floor*
Shaemus and Cesaro enter and get bashed up by Rollins and Ambrose

Ambrose "I mean it now, lets hold hands"
Rollins "not sure"
Ambrose *takes hand away* "dude!"
Rollins "Sure, lets hold hands"
Ambrose "not sure"
Rollins *takes hand away* "I don't like your games dude, they make me the sads"
Ambrose "sorry babe, here, lets hold hands"
Rollins "kay"

Corbin cashed in on smackdown only to be pinned in a roll up within 3 seconds.

Buried.

I think it depends on what the plan is. If this is the catalyst for him to come out and paste Cena all over the arena at Summerslam then he can come back, if it is punishment for him doing something wrong then he's buried. Cena almost always eat a loss at Summerslam (from 2008-2016 he has had 1 win and 8 losses).

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it depends on what the plan is. If this is the catalyst for him to come out and paste Cena all over the arena at Summerslam then he can come back, if it is punishment for him doing something wrong then he's buried. Cena almost always eat a loss at Summerslam (from 2008-2016 he has had 1 win and 8 losses).
Its a very weak storyline between Corbin and Cena so I reckon Corbin will win.

They should have him decimate Cena to be honest, if they really want to build him up as some powerful beast.