What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Union strikes again

Are you really that simple? its eligibility criteria.. that's like saying all the wallabies are banned from playing for the Kangaroos, which they are. The simple FACT is no one is banned from playing League. But if you were not exclusively playing Rugby you were not eligible to be selected for a Rugby representative team. And if you have a problem with that, you have a problem with most team sports, including League.
So it's a threat to players to not play RL. Your ridiculous justification is pretty priceless though. Like Wallabies banned from Kangaroos? Really? These are players who play both codes. Do Wallabies players play both codes? What kind of thick merkin thinks that's an equivalent situation? Oh yeah a Vichy apologist.

Yep union being the shit merkins they've always been. Never ever ever has this happened the other way around. That tells you all you need to know.

Te Kaha

First Grade
So it's a threat to players to not play RL. Your ridiculous justification is pretty priceless though. Like Wallabies banned from Kangaroos? Really? These are players who play both codes. Do Wallabies players play both codes? What kind of thick merkin thinks that's an equivalent situation? Oh yeah a Vichy apologist.

Yep union being the shit merkins they've always been. Never ever ever has this happened the other way around. That tells you all you need to know.

"Vichy apologist." is always a good one... I have never apologised for Vichy in my life, why would I??? It was on the other side of the world and I wasn't even born when it happened. What kind of idiot calls someone a "Vichy apologist" when they have never apologised for an event 3/4s of a century ago???

Nice deflection by the way... suitably ignoring the fact nobody is banned from playing either code, as you erroneously claimed in the OP. They are simply applying the same world widely accepted eligibility criteria that in order to be selected for the representative team you must be exclusively paying the code you are being selected for. The same as the NRL, ARL, NSWRL, QRL, NZRL and many other organizations. The players don't even have to accept selection and continue to play either or both codes.

"Vichy apologist." is always a good one... I have never apologised for Vichy in my life, why would I??? It was on the other side of the world and I wasn't even born when it happened. What kind of idiot calls someone a "Vichy apologist" when they have never apologised for an event 3/4s of a century ago???

Nice deflection by the way... suitably ignoring the fact nobody is banned from playing either code, as you erroneously claimed in the OP. They are simply applying the same world widely accepted eligibility criteria that in order to be selected for the representative team you must be exclusively paying the code you are being selected for. The same as the NRL, ARL, NSWRL, QRL, NZRL and many other organizations. The players don't even have to accept selection and continue to play either or both codes.
No you wouldn't apologise. You'd fully support the actions of the Nazi puppet state. You'd be the number one fan. You probably wish for its return on a daily basis.

As for your continued false equivalency about sports not picking players from other sports, THEY ARE UNION PLAYERS. They are players of both codes who are being bullied into quitting RL with the threat of being ignored for rep selection. Only a naziball wanker of the highest order would try to twist this into anything else. And here you are.

Te Kaha

First Grade
No you wouldn't apologise. You'd fully support the actions of the Nazi puppet state. You'd be the number one fan. You probably wish for its return on a daily basis..
That's a lie. What happened back then was a disgrace. However it had nothing to do with me and I have nothing to apologise for. Its you who continually bring up the Nazis, s it you who misses them?

As for your continued false equivalency about sports not picking players from other sports, THEY ARE UNION PLAYERS. They are players of both codes who are being bullied into quitting RL with the threat of being ignored for rep selection. Only a naziball wanker of the highest order would try to twist this into anything else. And here you are.

The eligibility criteria is that players must only be playing their code in order to be selected. This criteria is the same in a lot of countries and a lot of sports. They are simply enforcing it. It is no more bulling than when the ARL or any other organization do it. Players are not banned from playing both codes and players don't have to accept selection.

gUt

Coach
Plus them "values of rugby" aye. They're important because they are important, all them "values of rugby" such as

That's a lie. What happened back then was a disgrace. However it had nothing to do with me and I have nothing to apologise for. Its you who continually bring up the Nazis, s it you who misses them?

The eligibility criteria is that players must only be playing their code in order to be selected. This criteria is the same in a lot of countries and a lot of sports. They are simply enforcing it. It is no more bulling than when the ARL or any other organization do it. Players are not banned from playing both codes and players don't have to accept selection.
They are banned from selection for playing rugby league. It's as simple as that. Why? To bully them into not playing rugby league. Show me an actual example of when any rugby league administration on the planet has done the same as this. Not your ludicrous bullshit about "every organisation" doing it, players who actually play more than one sport being banned from rugby league selection. I bet you can't.

Te Kaha

First Grade
They are banned from selection for playing rugby league. It's as simple as that. Why? To bully them into not playing rugby league. Show me an actual example of when any rugby league administration on the planet has done the same as this. Not your ludicrous bullshit about "every organisation" doing it, players who actually play more than one sport being banned from rugby league selection. I bet you can't.

How many Duel sport players have been selected for the Kangaroos in the last 10-20-30 years? Why is that?

How can a sports governing body wanting to select only players who are 100% committed to the sport they are governing be vilified for doing that? ANY governing body who DIDNT do that would be vilified and rightly so. They are not being bullied to not play League, they still can, nobody has been banned. But like most other sports around the world, if you want to be selected in a representative team you need to show you are 100% committed to it. Playing another sport at the same time doesn't show that.

How many Duel sport players have been selected for the Kangaroos in the last 10-20-30 years? Why is that?

How can a sports governing body wanting to select only players who are 100% committed to the sport they are governing be vilified for doing that? ANY governing body who DIDNT do that would be vilified and rightly so. They are not being bullied to not play League, they still can, nobody has been banned. But like most other sports around the world, if you want to be selected in a representative team you need to show you are 100% committed to it. Playing another sport at the same time doesn't show that.
So you can't find any rugby league organisations threatening to ban players if they also play another code.

That's what I thought.

Just a naziball thing.

Te Kaha

First Grade
So you can't find any rugby league organisations threatening to ban players if they also play another code.

That's what I thought.

Just a naziball thing.
Deflecting as usual... and whats your fascination with Nazis? maybe you like them a little too much.

siv

First Grade
Rugby club banning League pla
Here's the facts.

"Just a WARNING to the following rugby clubs:
Realas, Islanders, Matangiki. If these clubs are participating in the upcoming SIRL tournaments. SIRUF will ban players"

But but but no one is banned.

The Vichy apologist, yet again, apologises for bigots being bigots. The word ban doesn't mean ban now. The vichyball Goebbels says so. The Vichy way.

Rugby clubs banning RL players did more good than anything else for RL

Arucard

Juniors
You're trying to compare a professional organization with an amateur set up. LOL
Fact is, players are being told to give up something they enjoy playing for free and for fun if they want to represent something they feel they belong to. You can't defend that. If they were being paid, then you'd expect some loyalty to the code if you want to represent, butthey aren't. They play for their love of sport.

They're being told what they can and can't do if they want to play in a specific shirt. That's wrong.

Deflecting as usual... and whats your fascination with Nazis? maybe you like them a little too much.
Deflection as usual. A fascist Vichy supporter trying to wriggle out of the indefensible. It must really suck for the born to rule when they run into people who don't swallow their shit. A real shock to the system.

Te Kaha

First Grade
You're trying to compare a professional organization with an amateur set up. LOL
Fact is, players are being told to give up something they enjoy playing for free and for fun if they want to represent something they feel they belong to. You can't defend that. If they were being paid, then you'd expect some loyalty to the code if you want to represent, butthey aren't. They play for their love of sport.

They're being told what they can and can't do if they want to play in a specific shirt. That's wrong.

Since when does payment mean loyalty? that just makes you a mercenary. They aren't demanding anything, they are simply stating that you will only be selected if you are 100% committed to playing Rugby. Just like any other sporting organisation would.
They aren't being told they cant play Rugby or they cant play League, they are being told that to be selected in a representative Rugby team they have to be serious about the game and 100% committed to it. its not "indefensible" its just plain common sense.. something in short supply around here.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Deflection as usual. A fascist Vichy supporter trying to wriggle out of the indefensible. It must really suck for the born to rule when they run into people who don't swallow their shit. A real shock to the system.
So you have moved on from deflection to dribble... complete return to form.

So you have moved on from deflection to dribble... complete return to form.
Says the lying piece of shit who claims there is no ban when it clearly says players will be banned.

And the twat who has to use false equivalence to defend this ban and doesn't realise how transparent it is.

It just goes to show even a private school education can't make up for being a born deadshit.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Says the lying piece of shit who claims there is no ban when it clearly says players will be banned.

And the twat who has to use false equivalence to defend this ban and doesn't realise how transparent it is.

It just goes to show even a private school education can't make up for being a born deadshit.
Are then banned from playing League? NO. Are they banned from playing Rugby? NO. They simply do not meet the eligibility criteria because they are not committed 100% to playing Rugby. Just like many other games and sports around the world including League.

And as I have never attended a private school in my life, I can only assume you are talking about yourself, and I totally agree.

magpie_man

Juniors
I wonder if they would be pulling the same stunt if the players were participating in another sport other than Rugby League....