What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positive ONLY thread

ALSGI

Bench
Wow, so much negativity on here, including from me too, it's truly depressing.

Thought I'd start a positive thread which I'm sure will go to shit but here goes.

This time last year we were in 12th position, on 20 points with a for and against of -165. This year we're in 9th, on 24 points and +73.
Vaughan has been great and is signed up for years.
Dufty has been a shinning light recently.
Any more guys?

Crush

Coach
Josh 'violet crumble' legs has been let go so we don't have to suffer through any more of him rolling around on the ground like he has been shot by a sniper in the crowd every time he touches the ball. Only to come off then play the following week and do it all again. Thats a positive.

Smack

Coach
05onfire1_xp-master768-v2.jpg

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
In tune with the above comments I can add that I left the country after we beat the Tigers for the second time so in the 8 games I have been away so far I have been lucky enough to miss watching 6 defeats. Though following the scores is a real bummer - last week I threw my phone away when Reynolds kicked the winning goal. I have timed my return for the last 3 games starting with the Broncos. When I booked my flights I had hopes of a run into the finals and then the finals themselves.

Ok, back to the serious positive stuff. It has been great to hear of Dufty's impressive entry to the NRL. But there are not too many of us here who would be surprised at that. Yes, well done Vaughan. I would throw in Ah Mau as another positive. And don't forget JDB's efforts. In addition, McInnes should be a mainstay for years to come. Mann has done well, especially considering the way he has been treated. In fact he deserves a medal in facing the tactics of the enemy (Mary's bench management).

Other positives? Sele reasonably solid for a first season? Lawrie has made his debut. But hate the way Host has been treated. It ranks just behind Mann's treatment. Sorry, ALSGI, forgot we are being positive.

A final positive - it's not long to the pre-season and as all Forum members would know our team under Mary does its best work in the pre-season. Who will be top dog at our next boot camp and therefore a guaranteed selection for the whole season?

rasaint

Juniors
There is plenty: We have scored some great trys/ won plenty of games/ Gareth's long inception trys ( he never gets run down)/ Nightie scoring plenty of trys he is a legend/ Tim Lafai going well/ more offloads this year/ JDB almost made State of Origin/ Duges and Tyson made the team/ Vaughan a great acquisition/ some great juniors coming through/ one of the comps best halfbacks joining next year/ Matt Dufty's try against Manly/ Nene's super effort to score late against roosters.

I not even trying boys and girls.

Posting on the great Jubilee Ave forum about our red v team and enjoying reading all the passion even if I disagree with some fellow Dragons fans. Let's keep it in perspective and cheer on the team against the Titans.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Pulling the pants down of every man and his dog that thought we were no hope and whipping boys.
The early rounds were great, still in it for this year and avoiding what I thought was a train wreck of a season.

Nathan Brown winning a few games except for ours.

Latest posts