What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th

thebigredv

First Grade
There are a lot of 'if's' and 'but's' in any season, like the games you could have won if only they'd called that forward pass, or if the ref had said 'try' instead of 'no try', but do you realise that if we had accounted for the Knights and Rabbits, we'd be sitting in 4th place tonight?? With a coach, we'd be such a force in the competition.

This Year?

Immortal
Yep, this season has been completely squandered. Instead of cruising to a top 4 spot and resting players for a home finals we are sitting outside the 8 and waiting for someone above us to fall so we can do a Bradbury to get into the finals.

This has so many negative implications on the club as a whole that I don't think the club's admin, coaching staff and playing group have any idea what opportunities have been missed.

Very, very sad.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
There are a lot of 'if's' and 'but's' in any season, like the games you could have won if only they'd called that forward pass, or if the ref had said 'try' instead of 'no try', but do you realise that if we had accounted for the Knights and Rabbits, we'd be sitting in 4th place tonight?? With a coach, we'd be such a force in the competition.
if widdop didn't get injured anzac day win that game. got robbed v scum at kogarah, errors killed us v knights, and last week v bunnies we let in 2 tries in 4 mins. we could possibly be top 2

thebigredv

First Grade
Depressing thread lol

Other teams would have similar lists of ifs and buts however we really did just roll over in the previous two matches. It's sad to think what might have been. I agree that'd it be nigh on impossible to win this thing from outside the top 4 so the consequence is huge.

Bench
It just goes to show where we would/shoud have been after the last two games we blew.
I don't think that we were mentally prepared for those games and paid the price.
It will be hard from here to make the finals.

thebigredv

First Grade
It just goes to show where we would/shoud have been after the last two games we blew.
I don't think that we were mentally prepared for those games and paid the price.

Agreed, and that's why I cannot even fathom how our team can go from that to being mentally prepared for finals footy.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
This one really is a bitter pill to swallow because it's not a reality that was so far out of reach. Two games that we really should have put away, and now we're scrambling as a result.
There's no middle ground with our boys, we're either the best.. or the worst. Like you said bigredv, with a decent coach we would probably win the comp.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
TBH it will be nothing short of a miracle if we are playing after round 26
Not just because we are sitting just outside the 8 but at this stage we should be playing finals footy and imo we arnt

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Other teams would have similar lists of ifs and buts however we really did just roll over in the previous two matches. It's sad to think what might have been. I agree that'd it be nigh on impossible to win this thing from outside the top 4 so the consequence is huge.
Not only that mate its going to be nigh on impossible to make the 8

Crossbow

Juniors
The cowboys look busted.If we can hold it together I think we will make the eight but seriously give the trophy to the storm now.Great coach Bellyache.We are way to inconsistent and we will be cannon fodder anyway

getsmarty

Immortal
A lot of ifs...probably the biggest being that our coach cannot get us to play consistently for 80 mins let alone for an entire year. Enjoyed the win today, but who knows what will happen next week. Broncos play like they did in the last 2 games and we will struggle.

Walpole

Juniors
3 games left, win 'em all and we're in the finals. Shouldn't have come down to this but that's Dragons footy for you.

rasaint

Juniors
Hey us fellow Dragon supporters can be very passionate.

Every team has a number 'if only' throughout the season.

Knights are now cleaning up good sides. We got two 50/50 calls go against us that game. Souths game we put the whip away or lost focus. However, you can not keep saying Mary is the problem. Mary has no control over the bunker and players need to accept responsibility for the Souths loss.

I am not a 'Mary supporter' but neither am I going to make him a whipping post for all things negative.

Kurt was strong yesterday and I have always liked the look of him. Josh has been good at times also and never gives up. If we make a run for the semis and McInnes gets injured Josh will be there probably tackling well and doing his best.

Let's see what happens. Broncos are red hot, their top players on deck. A really big test.

JDHD

Juniors

If we'd beaten Newy, Souths, Gold Coast and Dogs, we'd be equal second with the Roosters.

Latest posts