What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kogarah last home game.Big crowd required

Hang your head in shame Dragons fans. A crowd of 8,800 at Kogarah. Might as well tell the establishment to give up Kogarah Oval. It's a damn shame.
What did you expect people said they wouldn't go and they didn't.

You can not blame anyone who decided not to its their choice.

j0nesy

Bench

Yes I can. Because I bet many of them are the same ppl that are advocating for all games at Kogarah and ditching the Illawarra. Those are the ones I'm pissed with. They can get f**ked

Last edited:

ALSGI

Bench

This exactly.
I have to work every second weekend so can only go to some anyway, last game I went to was in Canberra. I love Kogarah and am beginning to love WIN. I refuse to go to ANZ except finals, but have travelled to Melb, Brisb, GC and Townsville.

Yesterday would have been perfect as Kogarah is where it all started for me as a 5yo, FFS I went to school across the road and lived on Jubilee Ave. it's sacred to me, my kids and hopefully will be to my grandies when they get older.

But after the last two weeks I was too pissed off to go through the effort. I honestly couldn't bare to see McCrone playing again, or watch the Shit dished up again. And to then find out our coach had him playing with an injury for the last 6 weeks while Mann is sitting on the f**king Bench???? I'm still really pissed off. Another blatant Bunker call by Patten. FFS.

Yes, I wish I went now, but I feel no shame in deciding not to go.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Hang your head in shame Dragons fans. A crowd of 8,800 at Kogarah. Might as well tell the establishment to give up Kogarah Oval. It's a damn shame.

I watched the game from up here in the Gold Coast and the first thing l thought was, wow.... how empty the ground was.
Was not a good look so hopefully management et the picture that the fans aren't happy but l guess that won't bother them in their ivory tower.

Crush

Coach
Wests Tigers are coming 16th and they always get decent crowds. They also get the 4pm Sunday game every fricken week because they rate well apparently.
We Dragons fans are very different from them tigers fans. I have a tigers fan mate and he is still upbeat about every game and loves Teddy.
As soon as Dugan signed with sharks I turned on him.
Tigers fans are weird. We are normal....

The queue at the bar was tolerable (5 minute wait instead of 20 minutes)

Nothing better than being at Kogarah for a Saturday afternoon game - my favourite timeslot

SFTG

Willow

Assistant Moderator
To the 9,000 who 'reportedly' came to the game, I say well done... but.I reckon there were more. In any case, to show up when the team isn't travelling well is s credit to all. And thanks to the Titans supporters who contributed, all 5 of you can take a bow.

Excellent day had by all.

Sunshine.
Crowd atmosphere
Views of the bay.
We won all three grades
We even won the second half which is a rarity.
Got to go onto the field after full time
Great pies at the game. preceded by a parmy and gravy at the club, a schooner of Reschs and jovial company before and after the game.

To those who couldn't go, you have your reasons. Although some of theses 'reasons' sound more like excuses.Your choice, your loss, it a was a great day at the footy. Maybe next time, aye?

j0nesy

Bench
I watched the game from up here in the Gold Coast and the first thing l thought was, wow.... how empty the ground was.
Was not a good look so hopefully management et the picture that the fans aren't happy but l guess that won't bother them in their ivory tower.
Wrong way to send the message. They should be turning up to Kogarah and boycotting ANZ. They're cutting off their nose to spite their face.

FlameThrower

Bench
Perhaps having a lower ranked interstate team contributed to this?

FlameThrower

Bench
Wests Tigers are coming 16th and they always get decent crowds. They also get the 4pm Sunday game every fricken week because they rate well apparently.
We Dragons fans are very different from them tigers fans. I have a tigers fan mate and he is still upbeat about every game and loves Teddy.
As soon as Dugan signed with sharks I turned on him.
Tigers fans are weird. We are normal....
Knights fans are the most loyal -look what they have put up with and still turn up to the games. Boycott of games by fans living in Sydney is the wrong way to support your team - especially last home game at Kogarah on a sunny afternoon..

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Should have had 15k there.
Beautiful sunny day.....
U20's in the top 4
Ilkawarra battling hard to stay in the 8 plus the chance to see the likes of Field, Leilua and a few more pushing for 1st grade.
And, finally our 1st grade who are also battling to stay in touch with the 8.
Final "home" game of the season.
What more could you ask for? Yeah we aren't playing well (before yesterday) but if it was a protest it was a definite mis-fire.
As someo e else has alluded to already, if it was a protest, it should be directed at ANZ.
All it did yesterday was to re-inforce the RGRV policy......yet we hear howls of why we dont play more games at home. Well you got your answer yesterday.

John moz

Juniors
Members have spoken with there no attendance yesterday. As i said we want change all year we have spoken on this forum and called the club and emails. But mary still coach next year and Doust still Ceo.I was watching on fox in the members stand was empty for a Saturday afternoon game we would have packed it .I didnt attend as i have had a gut full of spin coming out of the mouth of the coach each week .It showed by dumping mcrone and mann at no 7 was the option he should have stuck with weeks ago.To late another season gone and no finals because of marys shit team selection all year .

Latest posts