What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Broncos

Bench
Thought I heard in the game commentary yesterday, but can't find stats to confirm, but if Nighty gets another hat trick this season he will either tie or have the most hat tricks in a season. Go Nighty!!!
If he gets a hat trick he will be equal with Larry Corawa (spelling) who did it in the seventies with the tigers. Love to see him do it against Broncos

Crush

Coach
Last week I predicted win against Tits will be our last. I was at the game yesterday and Tits were woeful, worst opposition we've played all year bar none. I found it totally bizarre the lack of interest shown by Hayne, no matter the internal chaos. Haven't seen anything like it.

Anyway, back to the Dragons, the next few weeks will reinforce the team's true standing in this competition. All thanks to our f#*kwit coach and self-interested board.

Straight Shooter
Always the optimist OV!
Hey could be worse. Tigers just signed Benji Marshall for next year!

getsmarty

Immortal
My last trip to suncorp was in 05 .Trent Barrett ran around karmichael hunt and scored a slashing try .great win we had a great record at Suncorp.timefor another great win G0 THE BIG RED V.anddont forget MARY .4 Forwards on the bench .

He probably thinks Taane Milne is a forward...Oh wait a minute...he's already played him in the forwards.... LOL

denis preston

First Grade
Forget the "too old, two slow" rubbish.
Nightingale is still one of the best finishers in the game.
14 tries this year and counting.
Create the opportunities and he will continue to score mountains of tries.
If Dufty had been playing earlier, his tally would have been significantly higher.
Still reckon 2 of their tries were cutesy of Florence. Finished off really well to get a ball behind him. Can understand the love for this bloke but to make the 4 we need speed out wide.

hazzbeen

Bench
Forget the "too old, two slow" rubbish.
Nightingale is still one of the best finishers in the game.
14 tries this year and counting.
Create the opportunities and he will continue to score mountains of tries.
If Dufty had been playing earlier, his tally would have been significantly higher.
Lets face it Nighty is good 30 m out , knows how to position himself and score a try as good as any winger in the game . The only problem he has , is he wont score any long range tries ..... Father time is catching him ....

Gareth67

First Grade
One of our fellow members , whom I cannot recall , mentioned that the team would benefit greatly , if a couple of former Dragon players ( perhaps Johnny Raper ) would have a bit of a yak with them during the week . Mainly to let the players know , that they are indeed capable of winning their remaining matches , as long as they put everything into the game and go out with a good ' mind set ' .

As others have already said , the Broncos will not give anything away and therefore the Dragons must go out and tackle -tackle and tackle some more . If we can keep them at bay in defence , that could very well prove to be decisive . Defence and motivation are the key factors in wether or not St.George Illawarra will go further this season .

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
I hope every man and his dog writes us off and we get criticised all week in the lead up to this game and we come out and absolutely give it to them

Nothing would make me happier than beating these merkins, except winning a Grand Final.

Still reckon 2 of their tries were cutesy of Florence. Finished off really well to get a ball behind him. Can understand the love for this bloke but to make the 4 we need speed out wide.
OK we are 3 weeks out from the finals.
Right now, who would you replace him with that has that essential speed element?
Mann is now playing half back.

I was thinking this yesterday, the team would be in a much better position if McF#*kwit started the year with Dufty. And anyone but McCrone.

Straight Shooter
The way Dufty chimes into the back line and his natural ball playing ability - you just know that the wingers will benefit from his involvement.
After 20 odd rounds, it is almost too late.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I'm expecting the Broncos to tear us apart out wide with Boyd's passing and speed to burn on the flanks, Bennett will have done his homework & identified our weakness.

hazzbeen

Bench
One of our fellow members , whom I cannot recall , mentioned that the team would benefit greatly , if a couple of former Dragon players ( perhaps Johnny Raper ) would have a bit of a yak with them during the week . Mainly to let the players know , that they are indeed capable of winning their remaining matches , as long as they put everything into the game and go out with a good ' mind set ' .

As others have already said , the Broncos will not give anything away and therefore the Dragons must go out and tackle -tackle and tackle some more . If we can keep them at bay in defence , that could very well prove to be decisive . Defence and motivation are the key factors in wether or not St.George Illawarra will go further this season .
How sad it is that we have to win this to be any chance of finals footy , when we should have been well in there with our start to the season ...... This was always in the back of my mind even when we were leading but kept telling my self NO we have turned the corner . How wrong I was .....

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
in regards to the finals, I think the cowboys are looking shaky.

The Dragons, Cowboys, Manly and Panthers are playing for the three final positions. One will drop out.

They have hard games Sharks, Tigers and Broncos. They may not win any of these games. ANd the injury toll is mounting will not help.

We just need to keep getting better with the changes we have sen over the past few weeks.

McInnis has started running and kicking - the variation stops us being so predicable.
Mann adds creativity in the halves and straightens the attack giving much needed room out wide for one-on-one opportunities. Also, his changing sides in attack on the weekend and linking with Widdop is a game changers.
McDonald (Who I though was not up to it) is getting better, he needs to rust his speed and size out in the open. Once he starts doing this, I think we have a very different player.

I see us playing much better footy, and the astute opposition will be aware that we are no longer a one out, predictable forwards based size.

silverex

Bench
I've been up to Suncorp 5 times to watch the Dragons play. Have yet to see them win there.

Can't make it this year so let's hope my non-attendance will change the result.

I'm not confident for this game. We don't seem to be able to hold it together for 80 minutes. Against the Titans we let in some really soft tries, especially the one after getting the ball from their kick-off and finishing the set over the line, under our posts. We can't let things like that happen.

Latest posts