What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivan Get Benji back

magpie4ever

First Grade
You would believe Cleary has ole Benj down to play the ball playing fullback role. My reading of the signing is Mc at 9, Brooks at 7, Reynolds at 6 and Benji at 1.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Surely Lolohea has to be in the spine somewhere before Brooks and Marshall?

Lolohea is the closest thing we have to the Marshall of 10 years ago in the side for 2018...

Tiger Woody

Juniors
He's saying the right things and admitted he was at fault when he left.

I think the last few years have humbled him and I dare say the signing has a lot to do with off field stuff as opposed to on field.

He has been pretty good for the broncos and these days you need depth. Benji would have been a god send when we had 6. Rankin 7. Littlejohn earlier in the year.

Yes...the dark days
Robin Hood and Rancid....

Tiger Ted

Bench

Lolohea is the closest thing we have to the Marshall of 10 years ago in the side for 2018...
Totally agree.As I've said b4 I'm a heck of a lot more confident that Lolo will cement the fullback spot than I am of Lucy Brooks convincing IC that he deserves to b our halfback.

Clifferd

Coach
That's because he's playing out of position outside of Luke Brooks. Still he's shown enough promise to me just uncertain how he'll go with positional play and under the high ball etc

Tiger05

First Grade

Let's wait and see what happens. I really like Tui but like Brooks he has to prove that he is a quality NRL player.

Whatever happens now we have options beyond the likes of JLJ and Rankin,Reynolds could be used at hooker,Tui,Benji,LB and JR in the spine i could live with.

macnaz

Staff member
Reynolds is a running 6, definitely not a 9.
PLayers can and do change position.. particularly players like Reynolds who has the drive and toughness to give his all for the team and as a half would be able to adapt to hooker if needed ..
And imho he will have to at some point within a 4 year contract

magpie4ever

First Grade
PLayers can and do change position.. particularly players like Reynolds who has the drive and toughness to give his all for the team and as a half would be able to adapt to hooker if needed ..
And imho he will have to at some point within a 4 year contract

I just don't see that in Reynolds.

Reynolds, IMO, would make a fantastic hooker.

As a Broncos fan, I'm sorry to see Benji go, but I wish him all the best. Just around training, I think he's had a very positive impact on Milf and Knick. That said, he's one of those players that you just wish could have been a one club player and I'm glad he'll finish his career where it began.

Vozzy

Juniors
Atleast we have options if we get injuries now. We also have Tyson Gamble who has been really good in the qld cup this year. Like when we had injuries thus year our halves were Littlejohn/rankin.

Clifferd

Coach
There's no way Tui will be left out of the spine. If anyone makes way for Marshall, it'll be Grub to #9 IMO.

100%

Am I crazy in saying he's been our best player since he's come on board this season?

The only other candidates for me would be marsters, eiso and twal.

He's definitely surprised me, but then again so have all the young cubs/recruits

Latest posts