What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sports bet odds slap in face for Dragons!

Emu01

Juniors
I just saw the premiership odds,they had all the top 8 listed plus the Raiders! who are 10th but not us in 9th position. What a disgrace not even listed!

So they don't even rate our chances!

Talk about a slap in the face.

Mary if your reading this can you use this as motivation and let the team know and prove them wrong.

Gareth67

First Grade
The bookies Understand we have McIdiot as coach and the Panthers will finish 8th

St.Georgio , agree with you about our Mr. Mcidiot , however there is a chance that the Cowboys may miss out .

Undoubtedly the Panthers are coming home at the rate of knots and we will certainly need to beat them and the Broncos and finally , rub the Bullgrubs noses into the WIN Stadium turf .

But as they say , stranger things have happen . Perhaps the footy gods may decide to shine some good fortune, upon our beloved Dragons , to turn this into reality .

Last edited:

Red V for life

Juniors
I just saw the premiership odds,they had all the top 8 listed plus the Raiders! who are 10th but not us in 9th position. What a disgrace not even listed!

So they don't even rate our chances!

Talk about a slap in the face.

Mary if your reading this can you use this as motivation and let the team know and prove them wrong.
Don't get mad, (try to) get even.

Give them a call and see if they'll offer you odds on the boys to make the eight...and do it before we beat the Donkeys on Friday :wink:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
St.Georgio , agree with you about our Mr. Mcidiot , however there is a chance that the Cowboys may miss out .

Undoubtedly the Panthers are coming home at the rate of knots and we will certainly need to beat them and the Broncos and finally rub the Bullgrubs noses into the WIN Stadium turf .

But as they say , stranger things have happen . Perhaps the footy gods may decide to shine some good fortune, upon our beloved Dragons to turn this into reality ?

Gareth
I like it except we are playing bullgrubs at ANZ.
Wish it was win stadium

Last edited:

ALSGI

Bench

Undoubtedly the Panthers are coming home at the rate of knots and we will certainly need to beat them and the Broncos and finally rub the Bullgrubs noses into the WIN Stadium turf .

But as they say , stranger things have happen . Perhaps the footy gods may decide to shine some good fortune, upon our beloved Dragons to turn this into reality ?
Unfortunately, Gareth we won't be rubbing grubs noses into WIN turf mate, it's another of our 'home' games at ANZ.

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth
Widh it was win stadium

+ ALSGI

Gentleman, talking about making things difficult , honestly , another home game away and of all places at the Bullgrubs 2nd bone-hole .

It's always the little things that will stuff-up the workings and in this case it may very well be our season . Bluudy incredible , really , just incredible .

Still on the bright side , we owe the the beggars big time and that game could be the one where we finish their season and put them where they truly belong , in the Dog house - out house .

Last edited:

FlameThrower

Bench
Gareth
Wish it was win stadium
The RGRV experiment finishes this year, it was an obvious case of trying to get more cash from ANZ / SFS and SCG. While we may have got more cash, the results have been poor and in hindsight was a big mistake. Also out some fans offside about taking these games away from 'traditional' grounds.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
The RGRV experiment finishes this year, it was an obvious case of trying to get more cash from ANZ / SFS and SCG. While we may have got more cash, the results have been poor and in hindsight was a big mistake. Also out some fans offside about taking these games away from 'traditional' grounds.

FlameThrower
Agree 100%
The lastest for next year is
5 game at kogarah
5 at wollongong
They have 3 bids for the other 2
That is
Figi, Perth and Wellington.
If this is what they go with I will be happy about it.

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
IMO Raiders are more a threat to making the 8
They will beat The Panthers in Canberra
They will beat The Knights
And you can bet after tying up the Minor Premiership Bellamy will rest his stars in Round 26 when The Storm play The Raiders in Melbourne

ALSGI

Bench
FlameThrower
Agree 100%
The lastest for next year is
5 game at kogarah
5 at wollongong
They have 3 bids for the other 2
That is
Figi, Perth and Wellington.
If yhis is wjat they go with I will be happier about it.
I still reckon they should all be at Kogarah or the Gong. The Gong more rellevent as a home ground as that's where they live and train but I'd travel if they played at Wembley, Yankee Stadium or Jurasic Park. I reckon the SOO and tests shoud do the Fiji, Perth shit not our club games, honestly who's going to go?

JDHD

Juniors
I still reckon they should all be at Kogarah or the Gong. The Gong more rellevent as a home ground as that's where they live and train but I'd travel if they played at Wembley, Yankee Stadium or Jurasic Park. I reckon the SOO and tests shoud do the Fiji, Perth shit not our club games, honestly who's going to go?

The issue is that ANZ is a fiscally responsible place to play. We get paid a six figure sum to play at Olympic Park but have to fork out thousands whenever we play at Kogarah or WIN. I completely agree with you that I'd prefer to have us play at those two venues over anywhere else, but we need to play at least a couple of games at ANZ to fund those games at WIN or Kogarah.

And, let's be real: we had less than 9000 in the crowd yesterday. If Dragons fans really want games at Jubilee or WIN, we aren't showing it.

Red V for life

Juniors
As a now QLD based Dragon, I wonder what the club would be offered to play some of those 3 games at Suncorp?

The Dragons have a huge following in SE Qld and I'm always surprised at the crowd split when they play the Broncos there.

Only a STGI supporter would think that our team will make the 8 given our poor performances over the past dozen or so games.

Dufty/Mann/Widdop may change the bookies minds next week !