What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name Your QLD Team of the Origin Era

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
1. Slater
2. Tuqiri / Matty Rogers
3. Renouf
4. Inglis
5. Sailor
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Webcke
11. Tallis
12. Gene Miles
13. Lewis

Coach: Fatty ;)

myrrh ken

First Grade
1. Paul Hauff
2. Danny Moore
3. Stu Kelly
4. Geoff Bell
5. Adrian Vowles/ Brunker
6. Daniel Wagon
7. DCE
8. Russel Bawden
9. Craig teevan/ Jamie Goddard
10. Neil Tearney
11. Terry Cook
12. Jeremy Schloss
13. Owen Cunningham/ Casey Mcguire

Would still win probably

Vee

First Grade
Slater
Inglis
Miles
Meninga
Kiss
Lewis
Thurston
Civoniceva
Smith
Scott
Tallis
Gilmeister
Lindner

Lockyer
Webcke
Price
J Smith

Vee

First Grade
I'm pretty sure Les Kiss NEVER played in a winning SOO side .
Lol he should be nowhere near that list .
Yeah, just one of my favourites. There weren't too many wingers as smart as he was and he got everything out of his slender frame. And I didn't want to pick that Folau traitor.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
So if Sailor, Tuquri, Carne, Rogers are also traitors that still leaves Rowdy, Kerry B, Alan Mc, Mick Hancock, Gagai, D Boyd, and Matt Sing.

People ought to stop bashing Paul Hauff - he was a great 1 series Origin player who went on to rep his country AFTER Origin. It was at test level he got found out. At club level he lost his spot to J O'Niel - as many players would have as Julian despite his grog issues was a very special talent.

Vee

First Grade
So if Sailor, Tuquri, Carne, Rogers are also traitors that still leaves Rowdy, Kerry B, Alan Mc, Mick Hancock, Gagai, D Boyd, and Matt Sing.

People ought to stop bashing Paul Hauff - he was a great 1 series Origin player who went on to rep his country AFTER Origin. It was at test level he got found out. At club level he lost his spot to J O'Niel - as many players would have as Julian despite his grog issues was a very special talent.
Yep, the first four are/were traitors, they just can't hold a candle to Folau for talent, he was a freak. Once they leave, I have no interest in them. Rowdy was awesome as was Bowie. The others all gave great service, Kiss was just a favourite of mine, Dallas was another one. Not trying to justify the selection on merit.

Agree on Hauff.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Hauff was alright. But who would you have in my team? Schif or wesser?
Its a common headache selection in these sides. Noone really recalls a poor Qld fullback. Even Schif did well in his 1 game.

There's been some crappy Qld origin player performances, lots of em, but not really at fullback. Qld been spoiled here for a long time, from Scott to Rowdy and Belcher, O'Neil, Lockyer, O'Davis, Bowen, K Hunt, Billy, Boyd and GI.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Yeah, just one of my favourites. There weren't too many wingers as smart as he was and he got everything out of his slender frame. And I didn't want to pick that Folau traitor.

Kiss was f**king hopeless. Boustead much better.

LineBall

Juniors
There's no way I'd put Wendell Sailor in. He never shone at the Origin level. 14 Origins - 1 Try.

I always wondered why Hauff never got a gig elsewhere. Looks like he moved to London in 96 after 4 years in reserve grade.

My team:

1. Gary Belcher
2. Clinton Schifcofske
3. Mal Meninga (captain/coach) & (gk)
4. Peter Jackson
5. Adam Mogg
6. Kevin Walters
7. TBA
8. David Shillington
9. Steve Walters
10. Sam Backo
11. Josh Papali'i