What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Sea Eagles @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 23: Wests Tigers v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree with Tigerm & macnaz, re Woods. I thought he was pretty good and especially in that 2nd half.

Actually if you sit back and just watch the 2nd half, they were all good, I like the improvement in Naiqama, if you knew that his game was going to improve, I'd actually keep him. Better effort from Brooks, I liked Sue and Grant as well.

Keep that up and we can catch the Bulldogs.

Clifferd

Coach
Sucks we play our bogey team next week.

Anyways with that 2nd half effort I definitely think we can beat cowboys & warriors consecutively and finish on 20 pts.

macnaz

Staff member
Agree. I saw a lot of aggression from him that I've never seen before(?)

Must be trying to impress IC to come back to he tigers lol
Yep i seen him so determined particularly in defence which to be honest is so unlike him... he will always tackle ppl coming at him but today he was chasing .. also didnt look that excited at fulltime ... he knows he has f**ked up .

BuffaloRules

Coach
Geez.. I just got back from the game and has a quick flick through this thread...

A couple have gone off early..

Go LoLo... We might have something with him, but some of the experts here want to discard him next year for Benji...

Clifferd

Coach
Yep i seen him so determined particularly in defence which to be honest is so unlike him... he will always tackle ppl coming at him but today he was chasing .. also didnt look that excited at fulltime ... he knows he has f**ked up .

merkin can eat shit

Guarantee any NRL player in the comp right now if they had the choice to go to the Tigers or dogs, 9/10 would choose the tigers.

The way we are finishing off this season with strong, determined efforts says a lot about the team heading forward next year. And the way the dogs are going now...well lol

Tiger05

First Grade
I thought Woods was good, Brooks played well, his short kicking game has improved and Naiqama 's defence has improved, IC is doing some good things with these players.

I'll add that Naiqami and Brooks were really good. You can't judge Brooks as a marquee player and if you view him in that light he is good.

If you view the Turd and Woods as marquee players it changes your perspective.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Just got home from a joyous arvo @ the 8th wonder of the world.

Great comeback from the boys after a flattering manly lead @ halftime.Glad that mwz scored the winning try after twice allowing Uate to get the better of him in 1st half right in front of where I was.

We've got some real good ones in tui marsters Twal & Eisenhuth.Im astonished at the improvement in the Prince of Bel-air.IC is performing miracles & im loving the grit this team now possesses.f**k manly & it's so good to put a spanner into the works re these impostors endeavour to make the top 4 !

Now for the detestable bondi rorters !! Wonder if teddy will find an injury at training this week !

magpie4ever

First Grade
Geez.. I just got back from the game and has a quick flick through this thread...

A couple have gone off early..

Go LoLo... We might have something with him, but some of the experts here want to discard him next year for Benji...

Hold on dude, if you are referring to me, I said I haven't seen the wraps yet. I still stand by that, one good game doesn't win me. Let's see the remaining 3 games. I hope he is brillant, because it adds to the possible spine next year.

Clifferd

Coach
Just got home from a joyous arvo @ the 8th wonder of the world.

Great comeback from the boys after a flattering manly lead @ halftime.Glad that mwz scored the winning try after twice allowing Uate to get the better of him in 1st half right in front of where I was.

We've got some real good ones in tui marsters Twal & Eisenhuth.Im astonished at the improvement in the Prince of Bel-air.IC is performing miracles & im loving the grit this team now possesses.f**k manly & it's so good to put a spanner into the works re these impostors endeavour to make the top 4 !

Now for the detestable bondi rorters !! Wonder if teddy will find an injury at training this week !

20-6 halftime lead was insanely generous for manly. I don't think we were poor, just hugely let down by poor 1 on 1 efforts (mwz on uate in particular) and a lucky bounce for dce off the post.

2nd half everything just went our way and flowed nicely

BuffaloRules

Coach
Hold on dude, if you are referring to me, I said I haven't seen the wraps yet. I still stand by that, one good game doesn't win me. Let's see the remaining 3 games. I hope he is brillant, because it adds to the possible spine next year.

In my opinion, based on what he has shown so far this year even before today he is in front of Marshall for the fullback role in 2018.. Thought he also had a great game today....

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I was at the game, in the corner where Uate scored his two tries, felt like leaving a half time. MWZ is a big boy, should have done better than he did in defence. It was a great win, but as usual a win covers up some deficiencies. I thought Lolohea was very good, looked creative with the ball and it was his goal kicking that sealed the game. on the other hand I didn't think Brooks was that good, did a few OK things but more was mostly ineffective with the ball in hand and his short kicks. I don't know if it was on the TV but at the ground they announced they have made a memorial to Laurie Nicholls, the lane that runs from the main entrance to the hill entrance is now called "Laurie's Lane" and there is also a plaque to him. Another great initiative by the club. I also noticed that Woods was the last player to leave the ground, he hung around for about 15 minutes after the game finished, talking to some fans at the sidelines. It was also good that they let the fans on the ground after the game (once Woods left) but up yours to the security jerks who grabbed the guy who jumped the fence early and threw him out of the ground.

Tiger Ted

Bench
20-6 halftime lead was insanely generous for manly. I don't think we were poor, just hugely let down by poor 1 on 1 efforts (mwz on uate in particular) and a lucky bounce for dce off the post.

2nd half everything just went our way and flowed nicely
Also didn't manly get the rub of the green with the penalties

Latest posts