What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
I heard something on one of the footy shows this morning that all they need is 5 clubs to refuse the 9.1mil cap for there to be real issues with the nrl getting it through. Also heard that the dogs and co probably can't get the 5 clubs worth of support

Spot On

Coach
The sad thing is I have no doubt the meeting this week of NSW clubs ex us and Tigers will result in a powerplay that causes a massive about face by the nrl and they will get away with it.

Agreed but the Dogs situation is so bad that it surely can't be ignored by other clubs nor can it be brushed under the huge piece of carpet they have at NRL heaquarters?????

I think they're all kidding themselves if they think the NRL can truly afford more money in the cap going forward into the next TV deal. I've said it before, I think the next deal will be flat or even less.

aqua_duck

Coach
From what I understand most other clubs' cap situation is salvageable through a bit of re-structuring, dogs on the other hand are absolutely ******

Johns Magic

Referee

Most likely just wishful thinking but the account has had some good mail on Knights signings in the past.

You're right, he has had good mail in the past. Let me dream for now.

1. Ponga
2. Ross
3. Moga
4. SKD
5. Sio
6. Watson
7. Lamb

8. Ese'ese
9. Buhrer
10. Klemmer
11. Sione
12. Guerra
13. Blair

14. Levi
15. D Saifiti
16. J Saifiti
17. Barnett

That would be dropping our Maloney interest.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Now that's a pack that could really open up some space for Watson and ponga to weave their magic footwork.

The good thing about that is that our forward pack intensity would probably pick up when our bench rotation gets onto the field

perverse

Referee
Not sure I want or that we need Blair if we could get Klemmer. Klemmer would be immense. I think a team sporting Daifiti, Jaifiti, Klemmer and Ese'ese can afford a Barnett or some such at lock.

I'd love to see us have the luxury of ballplaying/skillful backrowers over workhorses/hit up merchants though. Maybe Blair could fit that description instead.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
If we got Klemmer, we would have the best pack in the comp, i'd actually go into everyday legitimately believing we could win, that pack would make Ponga, Lamb, Watson, Levi and Moga absolutely lethal.

Johns Magic

Referee
Not sure I want or that we need Blair if we could get Klemmer. Klemmer would be immense. I think a team sporting Daifiti, Jaifiti, Klemmer and Ese'ese can afford a Barnett or some such at lock.

I'd love to see us have the luxury of ballplaying/skillful backrowers over workhorses/hit up merchants though. Maybe Blair could fit that description instead.

Yes Blair looks like a bit of a luxury but apparently we can afford those these days. And I don't see anywhere else in our roster that needs urgent addressing. Blair and Barnett would likely split the 80 minutes pretty evenly anyway.

If he is as good a leader as they say(and I will back Brown and Mooney on that) and he brings us some ballplaying and a grubby edge then I will take it especially at lock where his lack of metres is less of an issue.

Spot On

Coach
Has anyone heard that the Dogs have found four other friends (clubs) who have agreed to take a proposal for the cap to be at 9.6 million to the NRL?

Must have happened over the lunch the greedy pricks arranged today. The lunch Toddles palmed off.

So who are the other 4 clubs?

Last edited:

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Hayne is not worth any more than $600k to any club but there is no way he'd take that low an offer

He will be at the Titans or off to Frog Rugby

Latest posts