What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Very good effort tonight with a lot going against us, particularly the first half. I will need to rewatcj for my 3 2 1s.

At the least, they showed me they will give september a red hot crack.

Tommy Smith

Referee
3. Watson
2. Keary
1. Aubusson

Geez the last two weeks we've been savaged by the refs.

That first half tonight was a crime. Should probably call 000 and report it.

Headless Chook

Juniors
Same as Tommy.

Weird, but I don't think after 44 years of supporting the Chooks I've ever been happier after a loss. Not to say we were'nt royally screwed over mind you, but the effort, effort and effort was there all night. Watson was simply outstanding and a real shame we couldn't keep him.

Easts to Win.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I always felt that Watson was a fullback. Such a great ball runner with the "Mini pinball" trait.

We can't complain as Tedesco is truly world class but in a couple of years Watson could also be an elite fullback, though he has Ponga in front of him now.

H.H

Juniors
3 - Watson
2 - Cordner
1 - Keary

Tremendous effort...and yes we were given a hard time by the officials, but man we really bottled that one. Two key plays in that last few minutes (Friend poor last play option, Aubs terrible read) cost us.No getting away from it, when the moment came we didn't handle it.

Gutted at that one.

adamkungl

Immortal
We played very well under some tough refereeing in the first half.

But with the game in our grasp we bottled it again. The football IQ of this side is dazzlingly low at times. I'm sure if Jake Friend has that moment 100 times again he passes to the halves left every time, instead of the hero blindside play that resulted in Melbourne marching 80 metres. But why do we always take the 1 in 100 brainsnap wrong option?

2 games dropped this year AFTER kicking a 'match winning' field goal. That's the minor premiership.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Yeah that decision by Friend was baffling to say the least.... 4 min to go leading by one.. i know ill throw a cut out pass to the winger from dummy half who has no time or space to kick so when he does we give away a 7 tackle set... i'm going to say that if we put that kick into touch 10m out we win that game 99 times out of 100 instead we go on to concede another 3 consecutive sets after the 7 tackle set which is just unbelievable considering the position we were in. So f**king stupid...

3 Cords. Every time he ran the ball he either won us a penalty or got a quick play the ball. we've really missed him.
2 Keary
1 Watson

3. Watson
2. Keary
1. Maubs

Like Headless said, I'm not too disgruntled with the loss. If ever a team can get anything out of a loss, it's this game. They showed ruggedness in defense and over came a tough first half or poor officiating. A lack of composure or level headedness from Friend in the 76th perhaps cost us an unlikely victory.

The season's a Melbourne Cup run and we're approaching the final turn. It's about now that teams put show their hand and we might just have started our run home.

In Easts we trust

adamkungl

Immortal
3. Watson
2. Keary
1. Maubs

Like Headless said, I'm not too disgruntled with the loss. If ever a team can get anything out of a loss, it's this game. They showed ruggedness in defense and over came a tough first half or poor officiating. A lack of composure or level headedness from Friend in the 76th perhaps cost us an unlikely victory.

The season's a Melbourne Cup run and we're approaching the final turn. It's about now that teams put show their hand and we might just have started our run home.

In Easts we trust

Here's hoping.
Sometimes I'm amazed we won 2013 coz effectively the same playing group have shown time and time again before and after that they are collectively the dumbest in the NRL, despite being just about the most talented roster on paper.

Headless Chook

Juniors
We are oh so close at playing the complete game. Agree, last week they panicked with the finishing line in sight but it's much better to play exceptionally gritty for 78 mins and just miss than to be consistently awful In patches.

Tommy Smith

Referee
You know I feel much better losing games heading into the finals than in 2014 & 2015 when we went into the finals on massive winning streaks and it just felt the whole time like we were timing our run poorly.

The Sharks lost 5/6 heading into last years finals then lit it up.

The Storm game left me feeling like we're capable of the same so long as we finish top 4.

Valheru

Coach
You know I feel much better losing games heading into the finals than in 2014 & 2015 when we went into the finals on massive winning streaks and it just felt the whole time like we were timing our run poorly.

The Sharks lost 5/6 heading into last years finals then lit it up.

The Storm game left me feeling like we're capable of the same so long as we finish top 4.

Luckily for us Parra had a disaster against Newcastle and the Sharks look like souffs 2015. We 'should' win 2 of the last 3 which solidifies 3rd. On form we should actually beat the sharks too but that never happens. If we did though we could even finish 2nd.

Latest posts