What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy's league Sledge

axl rose

Bench
I remember Fitz being on The Back Page and he was talking shit about Mike Tyson. Jeff Fenech was the guest and Fitz must not have known they are close friends. So so close to Fenech knocking him out live on air. Surely long overdue by now.

taipan

Referee
Now the Back Page consists of a Swan's former ambassador & Swans fan/psuedo Dragon's fan compering the shows,a female AFL sycophant who plugs that code whenever she can,another AFL sycophant who is a supposed comedian who knows as much about sports as I do flying F22 Raptors,another supposed comedian who is Swan's ambassador with a head only a wildebeest could love and a Courier Mail journo who doesn't know whether he is a rl or a fumbler fan ,but a gimp nonetheless.

Other than that a normal sport show, about as exciting as used toilet paper.

axl rose

Bench
Now the Back Page consists of a Swan's former ambassador

New found respect for the Frogs, I want a GIF of that punch.

Last time i watched it (probably a decade now) there was some AFL guy from Big Brother and some other idiot from The Courier Mail. I think Mike Coleman, absolute windbag. They all thought they were a sitcom laugh track, laughing at thier own 'jokes' . Great show though with Mike Gibson, Billy and Chippy putting shit on Wood Duck back in the day.

Last edited:

Mr Saab

Referee
Now the Back Page consists of a Swan's former ambassador & Swans fan/psuedo Dragon's fan compering the shows,a female AFL sycophant who plugs that code whenever she can,another AFL sycophant who is a supposed comedian who knows as much about sports as I do flying F22 Raptors,another supposed comedian who is Swan's ambassador with a head only a wildebeest could love and a Courier Mail journo who doesn't know whether he is a rl or a fumbler fan ,but a gimp nonetheless.

Other than that a normal sport show, about as exciting as used toilet paper.

This post is the most accurate i have ever seen on LU since i have been a member.

taipan

Referee
It's been f**ked since Chippy left, somehow got even worse since that fart sniffer Squires started hosting.

When Gibbo,Chippy the 12th Man and that AFL guy Taylor were there ,the show rocked, plenty of laughs, people who knew sport ,and none of this I'm a comedian laugh at my in jokes, that the show currently craps on with.
The 12th man provided laughs all the time, master of the ad-lib .It was earthy had decent guests and didn't fawn or bootlick any code including rl.The current lot try to crack a funny, look around to ensure the rest of the panel laughs then laugh themselves.Squires one of the main culprits.

Every time that Kelly Underwood opens her mouth,I await for "the AFL wouldn't do it that way.The AFL would give the player a life sentence instead of 6 weeks by the NRL.Do you know Cameron Smith attends Hawthorn games at the G,he's a real AFL nut.That's an embarrassment having a coach criticise a referee,wouldn;t happen in the AFL" .
I enter cringe mode every time she opens her mouth.The other wannabe comedians ,well for sanity's sake,I'm hoping King Jon Un nukes the studio with one of those Dis Fookin Long Missiles so i don't have to listen to their in jokes(sic) anymore.

Willie Ray

Bench
When Gibbo,Chippy the 12th Man and that AFL guy Taylor were there ,the show rocked, plenty of laughs, people who knew sport ,and none of this I'm a comedian laugh at my in jokes, that the show currently craps on with.
The 12th man provided laughs all the time, master of the ad-lib .It was earthy had decent guests and didn't fawn or bootlick any code including rl.The current lot try to crack a funny, look around to ensure the rest of the panel laughs then laugh themselves.Squires one of the main culprits.

Every time that Kelly Underwood opens her mouth,I await for "the AFL wouldn't do it that way.The AFL would give the player a life sentence instead of 6 weeks by the NRL.Do you know Cameron Smith attends Hawthorn games at the G,he's a real AFL nut.That's an embarrassment having a coach criticise a referee,wouldn;t happen in the AFL" .
I enter cringe mode every time she opens her mouth.The other wannabe comedians ,well for sanity's sake,I'm hoping King Jon Un nukes the studio with one of those Dis Fookin Long Missiles so i don't have to listen to their in jokes(sic) anymore.
K.Underwood is definitely hard to cop...everytime she opens her mouth she oozes smug.

AJB1102

First Grade
I read the merkins Saturday column in the SMH.... one of his pieces was about some shitty under 11's rugby team from Kiama way playing against some other team and they were getting smashed 55-nil.... So the coach of the team doing the reaming stops the game and swaps some of his team with some of the kids in the shit team to try and even up the contest....

Fitz closes the piece by saying "And that, friends, is rugby"

What a flog... Like rugby is the only sport where sportsmanship and fair play happens?

Wonder if the All Blacks will swap with some Wallaby players this Saturday in the Bledisloe when it's 63-nil to NZ in the 2nd half??

Australian rugby - Joke...

Like most Australians, I didn't watch the Bledisloe - I didn't even know it was on. I do know the Wallabies got their arse handed to them though, so wondering if your prediction came true... I'm guessing that is how they scored 30 odd late in the game?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hopefully Rona will have realised the international union thing is a crock of sht and comes back to league next year.

King hit

Coach
Like most Australians, I didn't watch the Bledisloe - I didn't even know it was on. I do know the Wallabies got their arse handed to them though, so wondering if your prediction came true... I'm guessing that is how they scored 30 odd late in the game?

Yes they were 54-6 behind before New Zealand clocked off and the Wallabies were able to avoid a total humiliation. 54 points is the most points the All Blacks have scored against Australia so they did set a record.

AJB1102

First Grade
Yes they were 54-6 behind before New Zealand clocked off and the Wallabies were able to avoid a total humiliation. 54 points is the most points the All Blacks have scored against Australia so they did set a record.

Either you didn't read what I quoted or the All Blacks and Wallabies actually swapped some players at half time to even up the contest.

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
It will be interesting to see what raghead talks about in the coming weeks now that his new love the Swannnnieeees have been dumped out in week 2?

Sadly tonights effort doesnt fit the narrative

Das Gupta

Juniors
Why is Peter Fitz-dumb arse in nines wide world's of sport's? He know nothing about everything.

Because in his wife Lisa Wilkinson's contract it states.

'That her 'Dopey pirate wearing freak of a husband Peter Fitzsimons must be given a role on a channel 9 sports show. No matter how stupid his opinion is, or how little knowledge he actually has.
His biased ignorant uneducated opinion must be heard so he can bag RL and plug his latest crappy book.

Because in his wife Lisa Wilkinson's contract it states.

'That her 'Dopey pirate wearing freak of a husband Peter Fitzsimons must be given a role on a channel 9 sports show. No matter how stupid his opinion is, or how little knowledge he actually has.
His biased ignorant uneducated opinion must be heard so he can bag RL and plug his latest crappy book.
Just because Lisa has made some bad life choices, then why are we now stuck with him.... could you image the pillow talk in the bed room? ""Babe I need to get a job on channel 9......"

Latest posts