What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 internationals (non World Cup).

Dakink

Bench
Being of polish (plus a few other related euro countries) descent this really makes me happy. To see the Poles start on an international journey is heart warming. Hope the game really takes hold domestically.

adamkungl

Immortal
If the RLIF did it's job, it should be a one stop shop for all fixtures, results and statistics..

I'm convinced the RLEF is the only one that does anything.
Every week there are stories about nations taking up the game in Europe, coaches and match officials courses being run in a range of surprising countries, etc.

Not sure what the RLIF does except decide on a half arsed calendar, and the Asia Pacific mob ????????????????

And a Canada junior squad, which includes Ngawati.

So it must be u18s or 19s.

I would have thought he'd be in the senior side.

adamkungl

Immortal
Anyone know what the situation in Germany is? Don't hear much from Germany and Belgium but ranked higher than you'd expect.

langpark

First Grade
Anyone know what the situation in Germany is? Don't hear much from Germany and Belgium but ranked higher than you'd expect.
I think those two nations are the best examples of a flawed rankings system. I have no idea why they are as high as they are.

The Partisan

Would certainly be an advantage if Internationals (Tests or Tournaments) could be locked in at least six months beforehand. Planning a trip to Europe July - September time next year and would love to be able to lock in some Rugby League experiences as part of the holiday. Aware of the European U/19's tournament in Serbia early August and have that pencilled in. If a similar senior comp of some description was occurring I could possibly skew the plans to take them in. Why not work your hobby into a holiday !

adamkungl

Immortal
From facebook

The Canada Rugby League Association is proud to unveil the 2017 International Representative Season.

2017 INTERNATIONAL FIXTURES

CANADA WOLVERINES v Jamaica.
August 26th (KINGSTON, JAMAICA)

CANADA WOLVERINES v Fiji
Sept 9th (VANCOUVER,BC)

CANADA WOLVERINES v USA
Sept 16th (TORONTO, ON)

CANADA WOLVERINES v NZ Police.
Sept 20th (VANCOUVER,BC)

CANADA WOLVERINES v Great Britain Police
Sept 27th (VANCOUVER,BC)

The game vs Fiji is an interesting one. Played over the other side of the country in mid September, so the Fiji team will likely be a trial squad for final WC selections obviously excluding NRL players.

adamkungl

Immortal
Added a couple of Nordic Cup fixtures.

Denmark v Norway Aug 19
Sweden v Denmark Sep 16

details flimsy on the 2nd one, source wikipedia lol

adamkungl

Immortal
I still don't understand why there's any differentiation between the Aus PM XIII and Kangaroos.
Some players being unavailable doesn't make a side not a test side.

jim_57

Staff member
I still don't understand why there's any differentiation between the Aus PM XIII and Kangaroos.
Some players being unavailable doesn't make a side not a test side.

This. Same with the idea of using an SL only/mainly England team playing mid-season against France/Wales etc. Every team in every sport rests & rotates players depending on the game.

Reactions: siv

adamkungl

Immortal
I find the whole thing very odd.

An Aus team goes over to PNG to play in front of a huge crowd and do good humanitarian work and promotion of the game, and we barely hear a peep, can't even watch the game, and it isn't given test status coz a few Aus players are unavilable.

Such a half arsed exercise that could be a truly great part of the Kangaroos calendar if it was given couple of tweaks.