What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refereeing Consistency

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Many have mentioned the referee inconsistencies throughout the season . Today the setbacks in some of their calls we were able to overcome , simply as we were able to scored more points .

But once we play the top-of-the-ladder teams , you can bet that this will be a different story story . We simply will not be able to overcome their poor decision making , as the defence of the opposition will be much stronger then we faced today .

It will cost us the game in a tight contest and our season . Mary would do well to seek an audience with Tony Archer to clear the ground rules , as it would only help us .
Yes and especially if Patten is in The Bunker

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
I'm all for the Referees decision being final and accept that they get some decision wrong. That just life.

However, the thing that gets me is that given the technology applied, and the evidence available some of the decisions are inconsistent at best. But when Archer comes out and says the decisions were correct, that just shows how out of touch the refereeing administration has become.

I think the bet thing that we can do is setup review panel that publicly critics controversial decisions each Monday. This would take a lot of heat of the rubbish the NRL provide today and lets the fans get use to the fact that decisions will sometimes be wrong.

Providing this vindication for fans when refs get it wrong is not necessarily a black mark on the ref, rather acknowledgement that human error is part of our game.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I always feel that the refs referee the games according to the scoreboard. If a team is getting hammered they try to bring the losing team back into the game. And they always try to even up the penalty count by fulltime................

Bang on.

1st & 10

Juniors
A penalty try can only be given If the attacking player is 100% going to score.
IMO there was no such guarantee he would have scored with a rolling ball on a wet ground. There was more chance of Frizell scoring last week than that.
The bunker, refs, Archer & Greenburg are all so incompetent it's embarrassing at times. There is more chance this year than ever where a grand final could be decided by these fools.

Exactly, try will be scored beyond reasonable doubt .

8 point try consists of an act of foul play during or after the try. Extra kick in front

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Why would the ref's improve when the tool in charge defends all their mistakes. I am not saying he should throw them under the bus but admitting they made an error they may look to improve but patting then on the back for stuffing up a game is just wrong.

They say you learn from your mistakes but if you keep making them and the person in charge says you are doing fine you won't learn anything.