What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th

VodkaSaint

Juniors
if widdop didn't get injured anzac day win that game. got robbed v scum at kogarah, errors killed us v knights, and last week v bunnies we let in 2 tries in 4 mins. we could possibly be top 2
Dont forget the Raiders GaME IN EXTRA TIME, we could have won that too, we are a top 4 side sitting outside the 8, it can only happen to the Saints

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints have been the most impacted team when it comes to officiating. I know other teams have had a few bad calls but teams like Cronulla and Manly are in the 8 because of the officiating. They were handed wins when they should have lost but due to ref blunders have capitalised and are sitting above teams like Saints and Raiders.

If the officiating was as it should be Dragons and Raiders would be in the top 8. Early in the season Raiders got robbed a few games but they got handed 1 back against the Saints. Would love Saints to be handed 1 game back for the $hite they have copped. Unfortunately There is no karma when it comes to Saints.

It is so blatant that there are agenda's against our mob I don't even think a good coach would achieve anything. You can't coach against bad calls constantly going against you.

Redhoopz

Juniors
Did u miss joe montannas pass?

But agreed on mccrone but we can say that for about many games with that lottery winner

No I don't, but I remember McCrone giving the Sharks at least 4 seven tackle sets...

Saints have been the most impacted team when it comes to officiating. I know other teams have had a few bad calls but teams like Cronulla and Manly are in the 8 because of the officiating. They were handed wins when they should have lost but due to ref blunders have capitalised and are sitting above teams like Saints and Raiders.

If the officiating was as it should be Dragons and Raiders would be in the top 8. Early in the season Raiders got robbed a few games but they got handed 1 back against the Saints. Would love Saints to be handed 1 game back for the $hite they have copped. Unfortunately There is no karma when it comes to Saints.

It is so blatant that there are agenda's against our mob I don't even think a good coach would achieve anything. You can't coach against bad calls constantly going against you.

The refs have nothing to do with it... I think the table is a fair reflection of where teams deserve to be. While the refs are human, there's always going to be mistakes. Blaming the refs is a poor excuse....

Dragons have had plenty of opportunities to cement themselves in the 8 and only have themselves to blame, nobody else.

Last edited:
Sorry but the club deserves no finals fooyball again this year regardless of what the officials have done this year.

As soon as the club gave Mary a new deal I knew things would go to shit and they certainly did.

Yet again the club jumped the gun before they needed to and now are stuck with the ego driven lying sack of shit for 2 more years.

Picking McCrone week after week was criminal regardless of what Widdop had to say about it because he is just as bad if not worse and he is the actual captain.

Nightingale getting a new deal pathetic he sould have been told your time is up yes he is a club great but he is a massive liablity and for him to not retire is selfish.

Dufty getting kept back aslong as he did again such poor management and screams of stupidity.

The idiots at the top are running the club into the ground.

SBD82

Coach
Sorry but the club deserves no finals fooyball again this year regardless of what the officials have done this year.

As soon as the club gave Mary a new deal I knew things would go to shit and they certainly did.

Yet again the club jumped the gun before they needed to and now are stuck with the ego driven lying sack of shit for 2 more years.

Picking McCrone week after week was criminal regardless of what Widdop had to say about it because he is just as bad if not worse and he is the actual captain.

Nightingale getting a new deal pathetic he sould have been told your time is up yes he is a club great but he is a massive liablity and for him to not retire is selfish.

Dufty getting kept back aslong as he did again such poor management and screams of stupidity.

Some excellent points.

You should totally start a couple of threads.

We need somewhere to talk about sacking Mary and ousting doust.

Crush

Coach
I just know deep down that the dragons are going to break our spirit this year. They will probably beat Brisbane, lose to panthers narrowly then only have to beat the dogs to finish top 8 but they will lose that one to finish 9th.
2017 has 9th written all over it...

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Can anyone say with a hand on their heart, and say that Saints deserve to be a semi finalist this year? The Dragons' performances since the second half against North Queensland at Wollongong have been deplorable!

Forget the 'ifs' or 'maybes', the team is simply deficient in many areas that aren't helped by poor management, and inept coaching.

gonz

Juniors

100% on the money !
Widdop is a massive issue in my humble opinion, wants a no name at 7 so he can be the man, but he isn't the man.
Let's see how he goes with Hunt calling the shots.

Can sum1 tell me when a games been on the line or we're behind his pulled it out of the mire?

Like clearly a kid has and or Moylan ?

Carlton

Juniors
100% on the money !
Widdop is a massive issue in my humble opinion, wants a no name at 7 so he can be the man, but he isn't the man.
Let's see how he goes with Hunt calling the shots.

Can sum1 tell me when a games been on the line or we're behind his pulled it out of the mite?

Like clearly a kid has and or Moylan ?

This is the reason I'm nervous about the Hunt/Widdop pairing and whether it will provide effective game management. I desperately want this combination to succeed and think that when things are going well will be exciting. My worry is when the game is tight or an arm wrestle whether it will deliver the direction and control the team needs.

I feel the same way, that there is a degree of Widdop not wanting a player in the half role who might take control away from him.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
The cowboys look busted.If we can hold it together I think we will make the eight but seriously give the trophy to the storm now.Great coach Bellyache.We are way to inconsistent and we will be cannon fodder anyway
Maybe but the storm are awesome most of the time. come finals maybe not so awesome .

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Can anyone say with a hand on their heart, and say that Saints deserve to be a semi finalist this year? The Dragons' performances since the second half against North Queensland at Wollongong have been deplorable!.

I think Saints deserve to be in the finals more than Panthers, Sharks and Manly. All this hype about Manly confuses me as they have been flogged a few times this year and the Saints haven't. Same with Sharks and Panthers. They have been on the back of floggings. Apart from the Storm and Parra x 2, Saints have been in every game. Looking at stats Saints are top 5 in all if not most of them.
If anything it really proves that no matter how well you play the refs have a huge role as you can't coach or win against continuance bad calls and every man and his dog has said how Saints have had a bad rub of the green especially non-Saints supporters (commentators). Copping a bad call especially in the last minutes that lead to a match winning try or a player taking your best out and then being suspended for 4 weeks when you are leading. That is pure bad luck against you and nothing to do with team performance or bad coaching.

slippery5

Juniors
3 games left, win 'em all and we're in the finals. Shouldn't have come down to this but that's Dragons footy for you.
I'm not one for putting my head out there & predicting the future but I think we are going to be pleasantly surprised with the added strike power of Mann & watch for more ball Dugans way against the Ponys. Last time he was our best at Suncorp & they may just be expecting the ball to continue to go to the left side we always favour.
Ps.
Our side is somewhere near what we have been screaming for, therefore .. I'm getting behind him for the run home to the semis ( McNOIDEA that is ) if not so he can admit he stuffed up & admits he has no idea in recognising youth & talent. If we are stuck with him for 2yrs he should have the team picked for him & make do with what he is dealt. Its got be better than him having control of selections...

Last edited:

JDHD

Juniors
The Titans exposed our left edge badly on Saturday by simply going through the hands and kicking for the corner. We're going to be touched up by Brisbane, and badly. We'll need to beat Penrith and Canterbury and I don't see us doing it.

j0nesy

Bench
If we'd beaten Newy, Souths, Gold Coast and Dogs, we'd be equal second with the Roosters.

We should have won at least 3 of those games but we were quite bad in all of them and never seemed to get out of 2nd gear.

But, as they say, if my Aunty had balls she'd be my uncle.

Still, I reckon we are dark horses. We are capable of playing some very good football. When our forwards are on a roll very few teams can stop us. If Widdop is on we are dangerous in attack. Dufty and Mann provide an x-factor. I think we'll make the 8 and go on to cause 1 or 2 upsets. We're a young team and will improve next season. Go the saints!

Last edited:

Alec's-saints

Juniors
We should have won at least 3 of those games but we were quite bad in all of them and never seemed to get out of 2nd gear.

Still, I reckon we are dark horses. We are capable of playing some very good football. When our forwards are on a roll very few teams can stop us. If Widdop is on we are dangerous in attack. Dufty and Mann provide an x-factor. I think we'll make the 8 and go on to cause 1 or 2 upsets. We're a young team and will improve next season. Go the saints!
and got robbed v sharks also at kogarah.

JDHD

Juniors

Oh, I completely agree with you about "coulda shoulda woulda". That's my point, this season is a massive missed opportunity. We had an absolutely kissed-on-the-dick soft draw. We only had to play Roosters, Storm, Broncos and Cowboys once, with doubles against Newcastle, Gold Coast, Wests Tigers and Canterbury. That's 16 competition points we should have banked and while we haven't played the Dogs for the second time yet, we lost 3 of those seven games. If we make the 8, it'll be a tremendous achievement given where we were ranked pre season but god damn, we have had every advantage and proceeded to throw it in the bin. If we don't make the 8, it'll be a massive disappointment given how we started the season.

Latest posts