What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivan Get Benji back

100%

Am I crazy in saying he's been our best player since he's come on board this season?

The only other candidates for me would be marsters, eiso and twal.

He's definitely surprised me, but then again so have all the young cubs/recruits

Yeah I think you're crazy. Eisenhuth has been my standout, closely followed by Twal and Marsters. Lolo would be after at though, he's up there.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Over the past month or so, Lolo has been the player that I have been watching the closest with an eye to next year..

He certainly has been far from perfect, but I have seen some improvement in him, including with his confidence...

He has dropped a bit of weight, but still could lose a bit more....Highlights I have seen from his Warrior days a couple of years ago, he had explosive pace over the first 10-20 metres which I'm hoping can come back if he is a bit trimmer....

Im excited to see what he can be in 2018 if 100% fit and with a strong off season behind him...

super_coach

First Grade
Over the past month or so, Lolo has been the player that I have been watching the closest with an eye to next year..

He certainly has been far from perfect, but I have seen some improvement in him, including with his confidence...

He has dropped a bit of weight, but still could lose a bit more....Highlights I have seen from his Warrior days a couple of years ago, he had explosive pace over the first 10-20 metres which I'm hoping can come back if he is a bit trimmer....

Im excited to see what he can be in 2018 if 100% fit and with a strong off season behind him...

I think Tui has been great except for one bad game. The rest of the games he has been in our top three players

Das Hassler

Bench
I.C....Marshall and Brett Hodgson will be the best things that will ever happen for Lolohea's career.....under the tutulage of those guys the sky's the limit for this kid.

Vic Mackey

Referee
100%

Am I crazy in saying he's been our best player since he's come on board this season?

The only other candidates for me would be marsters, eiso and twal.

He's definitely surprised me, but then again so have all the young cubs/recruits

I'm the same mate, I think the guy has been great. He has also been smart in his attack, I thought he would be all flash and no substance but I haven't any loose plays from him at all.

The try he scored yesterday was awesome. It wasn't steppy and cute, he hit the ball at pace, tucked it under the arm and went for it.

The guy had been playing wing in nsw cup, comes to a new country and is playing in the halves, for a team coming 2nd last with dudes he's never met before. I don't think we could have asked anymore of him.

I can't wait to see him next year after he has a full off season training in the one position. I really think he is going to be an out and out star.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
The try he scored yesterday was awesome. It wasn't steppy and cute, he hit the ball at pace, tucked it under the arm and went for it.
He looked far more creative in attack than Brooks, scored a good, tough try (right in front of me) and kicked 5 goals. The defenders don't know whether he's going to run or pass so he puts them in two minds, unlike with Tedesco where they know he's just going to run.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Lolohea has every tool,required to be a top shelf player. However, with him it is all mental.

The hope is that we have the right fit for coach and player and the early signs are promising. He will probably still be a work in progress next year, but after this we could potentially have a very damaging player that will put bums on seats and sell jerseys/memberships.

Radical Rat

Juniors
I.C....Marshall and Brett Hodgson will be the best things that will ever happen for Lolohea's career.....under the tutulage of those guys the sky's the limit for this kid.
Great call. I hadn't even put those pieces together. Hodgo could/should be absolutely crucial in taking Lolo to the next level at fullback.

Perhaps premature. But when you weigh everything up I wonder if Teddy out, Lolo in will be a positive for us long term.

Clifferd

Coach
Great call. I hadn't even put those pieces together. Hodgo could/should be absolutely crucial in taking Lolo to the next level at fullback.

Perhaps premature. But when you weigh everything up I wonder if Teddy out, Lolo in will be a positive for us long term.

I think ability/talent wise Tedesco will always have it over him (premature, who knows maybe lolohea can turn into one of the stars of the game?)

But one thing for sure is lolo seems to be more of a team player, thinking run first, straighten the attack and pass whereas Tedesco is usually just run at his own peril and not give a f**k about his outside men.

I can see many overlaps next year with teddy absolutely bombing chances if his form here is anything to go by

Tiger05

First Grade
Lolohea has every tool,required to be a top shelf player. However, with him it is all mental.

The hope is that we have the right fit for coach and player and the early signs are promising. He will probably still be a work in progress next year, but after this we could potentially have a very damaging player that will put bums on seats and sell jerseys/memberships.

He really seems like a good person as well. He doesn't have that arrogant attitude that the Wanka and the Turd have.

I honestly would love to see him turn into a superstar level player but I'm not sure he has that level of ability. I do think though that he could turn into a really good NRL player. I'm not sure if it's all mental with him but I can see your point. I think he is the player in our team who has the most ability when it comes to being able to create something out of nothing.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Stoked to hear Tui say yesterday that he used to pretend to be Benji Marshall in the backyard. I think Benji will be great for his game. Tui always had the talent. I don't doubt there were attitude issues at the warriors but that would have come with being comfortable, plus the terrible culture there. He probably needs a different environment to reach his full potential

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm going to play devils advocate and say there is still a long way to go with Tui locking down Fullback spot. There are many questions to be answered:
- Safety under high ball
- Kick Returns
- organising defence from out the back

I don't think he will have any issues in attack, on the contrary I think he will be a weapon, but it's these other responsibilities that leave a question mark

Tiger05

First Grade
JIm - the thing is the Turd has a lot of issues in these defensive areas. He is pretty good under the high ball but he can drop the pill and his defence has been basically terrible this season for us.

Das Hassler

Bench
Can drop the pill

So can and so does every fullback ..apart from the one (1) on the weekend when was the last one?

Tiger05

First Grade
Can drop the pill

So can and so does every fullback ..apart from the one (1) on the weekend when was the last one?

Origin. Plus his defence has been really ordinary for us. I think fullback could be an issue for us but I really hope Tui comes good.

Getting Benji here though does change things a bit because Benji could play in the halves or possibly at fullback. Personally I'd love to see Tui kick on.

I'm hopeful that we don't miss the Turd too badly and maybe Tui will do the job.

super_coach

First Grade
Benji has come back for five reasons:
1. Sponsorship
2. Depth
3. Mentoring
4. Excitement
5. f**k you it's Benji stfu and enjoy the idea of the prodigal son returning

Agreed, but people have to be careful and not expect the same as 2005-2010. What he can offer now is a lot different to his glory days, but he still has plenty to offer as pointed out in this previous thread

Billythekid

First Grade
I'm going to play devils advocate and say there is still a long way to go with Tui locking down Fullback spot. There are many questions to be answered:
- Safety under high ball
- Kick Returns
- organising defence from out the back

I don't think he will have any issues in attack, on the contrary I think he will be a weapon, but it's these other responsibilities that leave a question mark

Returning the ball is not a question mark. He was making a shit load of metres of every game, if anything that was his strength at fullback.

The question mark is over his ability to position himself and more importantly under the high ball. He dropped some sitters and that really hurt his confidence IMO. If he can improve his hands under the high ball he'll go great guns.

Latest posts