What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A CALL TO ARMS !!

Ned Kelly

Juniors
O.K. that is a huge exaggeration but I am really worried the NRL will cave in or at least compromise on next years salary cap giving an unfair disadvantage to some clubs. ( See post in the NRL forum called 2018 salary cap)

I want the NRL to know how many NRL fans would be against either of the above options.

I don't know how social media works so I turn to this forum for any suggestions to grab the NRL's attention and let them know any compromise is unacceptable.

Tiger05

First Grade
Mate - I don't think we can do anything about it but it'd be great to see a bunch of clubs cop it.

I have heard that eleven clubs are over the cap for next season having estimated the salary cap increase incorrectly,if they remain non compliant than it is going to be easy to make the finals.

Shredder

Juniors
They will wear a fine.......

They fine clubs for being over the cap every single year.

The Dogs are the exception. They are well over, but it was not knowingly trying to cheat, just bad forward planning. And with the Dogs (and presumably the others) they wont let them sign new players until they are under.

Its the players that are going to get screwed. And whatever your feelings about Woods, this is his livelihood and he only has a limited number of years in the game.

Tigerm

First Grade
They will wear a fine.......

They fine clubs for being over the cap every single year.

The Dogs are the exception. They are well over, but it was not knowingly trying to cheat, just bad forward planning. And with the Dogs (and presumably the others) they wont let them sign new players until they are under.

Its the players that are going to get screwed. And whatever your feelings about Woods, this is his livelihood and he only has a limited number of years in the game.
Yes, but he will still get paid.

Shredder

Juniors
Not sure that he will if the NRL refuses to register the contract because the Dogs are over the cap......

Who will pay him? If they dont register a contract he wont be on anyone's books

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Every club was told what to budget for at the beginning of the year. Even with the increase Canterbury (and other clubs) signed players knowing they would need to move other on to make it under the cap.

Its a shocking practice, but clubs should have to show they are compliant prior to signing anyone regardless of what the cap is and not just sign anyone and announce 10 days later they are joining without fully knowing who needs to leave or even if any players are willing to leave. Its bad for fans, players & the game overall.

I hope the NRL digs their heals in for this one, keeps the cap close to what has been advised and clubs like the Tigers and Knights get the rub of the green for one friggin time!

If teams followed the cap within reason you would think it wouldn't be to hard to balance the ledger,but when you throw in TPA,brown paper bags,property,cars and what ever under handed backhand deals they have devised to pay players,than a grey area developes if everyone is not on the same page that leads to the mess the Dogs find themselves in now,opposed to teams like the Broncos and Rorters that have their financial planning to be compliant down pat.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
If teams followed the cap within reason you would think it wouldn't be to hard to balance the ledger,but when you throw in TPA,brown paper bags,property,cars and what ever under handed backhand deals they have devised to pay players,than a grey area developes if everyone is not on the same page that leads to the mess the Dogs find themselves in now,opposed to teams like the Broncos and Rorters that have their financial planning to be compliant down pat.

Its more the backending of contracts that is causing issues here. If the Bulldogs were trying to offload players on realistic values they would probably be ok, but 1 Million for Graham & Eastwood for 750k? They were never worth this amount in the first place and nobody will pay close to this which will force the Bulldogs to pick up a large chunk of the tab.

It happened to us and we went thru years of letting promising players go and having a substandard team and are just starting to come out the other side. Its not really fair if the NRL now help the Bulldogs (& others) out of the hole they have dug for themselves.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
So, this thread now appears to be pretty much obsolete.

$9.4 seems to be the figure agreed to by clubs.

I would love to hear from Pascoe or Go as to what this means for the Wests Tigers. I hope my fears where ill-founded and great things can come our way from this decision

Tiger05

First Grade
It sounds like this worked out as good as can be expected. It'll be interesting how much they get for TV rights. I think the players are getting a good deal now and I wonder if their expectations of more money is realistic.

Tigerm

First Grade
According to The Star, Torino forward Andrea Belotti is still being targeted by the Italian manager.

Conte is a big fan of the 23-year-old, who scored 26 goals in 35 games last Serie A season, but his side want at least £80m ($130m) for the striker.

I am not sure who this bloke is, but we have a long way to go, don't we.

Tiger Ted

Bench
According to The Star, Torino forward Andrea Belotti is still being targeted by the Italian manager.

Conte is a big fan of the 23-year-old, who scored 26 goals in 35 games last Serie A season, but his side want at least £80m ($130m) for the striker.

I am not sure who this bloke is, but we have a long way to go, don't we.
Geez I could do with 1% of that.Wonder what his managers cut is !

Latest posts