What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Difference in playing Straight

Stake Removed

First Grade
Yes the Cowboys were down on strength, but my god playing straight delivers the going across field.

What i noticed
* Brailey crisp from dummy half, also backs up any half breaks and there for offloads.
* Fifita,Prior,Gallen - all running straights and hard
* Maloney,CT - they took the line on, instead of the crab across field, and what happened they found gaps, even if they dont next time have the ball defence in two minds.
* Holmes he hung around the forwards, was there for offloads makes him more dangerous
* Capewell out in centres he gets caught out when slides or waits, but when he moves forward to put pressure on in defence looks better, but is not a long term centre
* Seggy again did nothing, actually disjoints attack, Paulo or Brown better option as both either pass straight away or go froward, no propping around like Seggy does, i just dont think Seggy suits our type of play

snout

First Grade
Simple fact is this.

We are a side of ruthless hardheaded winners.

All year we have done whats needed. Nothing more.
Last nite when the game was won we stopped playing.
Who cares...we did what we came to do.

We look uncoordinated. Uninterested. Unlikely.

Yet we are top 4. Incredible achievement for the football played.

We have both eyes on september.

There's a game coming. The grand final. Storm will be there.

Theres only one team who can beat them. Thats the truth.

They know it.

But more importantly......

We know it.

And thats the ONLY game these hardheads have wanted to play since tbey started preseason last November. Every other game leading up has been a distraction.

We will play like busteds next week and in newcastle.
But we will do enough to keep top 4.

We will get flayed in the press.

But in clubland the conversation from ALL contenders behind doors will be "we dont want to face the Sharks week 1".

coolumsharkie

Referee
Can't agree, we are a different side to last year. We need everyone back on deck, with no injuries and firing like last year, to even have a small chance at the big dance. Staring down the Barrel of Broncos or Storm away in the Qualies or worse 5th 6th or 7th. I think we're done tbh.

snout

First Grade
We are a rollercoaster.

We luckily scrape home to beat the last placed knights at home by 1 point.
A game which sparked as much interest to the premiers as going to your granmas for a holiday.

The next week we travel to melbourne to play the yardstick.

In a game that piqued our interest and had been circled on the calendar since the draw came out.

They dont cross our tryline.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Simple fact is this.

They know it.

We know it.

And thats the ONLY game these hardheads have wanted to play since tbey started preseason last November. Every other game leading up has been a distraction.

But in clubland the conversation from ALL contenders behind doors will be "we dont want to face the Sharks week 1".

Gus who i cant stand, said something last night, stating Sharks he believes only team that can beat the Storm, and he also made comment we dont respect any team in the comp, and doing enough to win

snout

First Grade
Watch for brodie croft to make the bench in the GF to cover an underperforming cronk courtesy of wade

shadowboxer

First Grade
We are a rollercoaster.

We luckily scrape home to beat the last placed knights at home by 1 point.
A game which sparked as much interest to the premiers as going to your granmas for a holiday.

The next week we travel to melbourne to play the yardstick.

In a game that piqued our interest and had been circled on the calendar since the draw came out.

They dont cross our tryline.
Yep and we are still cannon fodder

Card Shark

Immortal
Simple fact is this.

They know it.

We know it.

History (last year) says you're right.

This year we are slightly behind where we were last year though & that may hurt, in who we play & where, & even when.

As much as I've shared your opinion for most of the year, when others have bagged out our performances, last week changed my opinion - it's a game we should've been up for but were terrible.

roboshark

Coach

This year we are slightly behind where we were last year though & that may hurt, in who we play & where, & even when.

As much as I've shared your opinion for most of the year, when others have bagged out our performances, last week changed my opinion - it's a game we should've been up for but were terrible.
Welcome to the dark side

snout

First Grade

Youre right cardie....even tho time last year we were also in a slump we werent as bad as this year.

Throw in the fact last year we had big gamers on board like ennis and barba to right the ship.
Fierce competitors.

But this year we have something we have never ever had before.
A belief we can do it.

The knowledge of what it takes

Rep stars like gal lewie maloney wade and fifita dictate how the whole team performs.

Theyre frustrated as shit because they just cant get out of 2nd gear because as much as you tell yourself all week the Raiders are a big game when you run out its not what your season is about.

I reckon the training in the week leading up to the first semi final will be the week when the excitement finally returns.

Anyway......my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yep our guys are in cruise mode.

Waiting for the real competition to start.

I would be happy with 3rd, go to Suncorp, send them to Raiders. Who ever wins gets Melbourne :)

Card Shark

Immortal
I'm worried we are relying on the "belief" too much & when push comes to shove, we won't be able to go with the likes of Broncos & Storm.

Not saying we can't win it but it's a massive ask atm.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Going according to my expectations actually. Was never going to be any point in peaking any earlier than now. Need to peak in the semis. Last night, for 40 minutes, they showed that is pretty likely.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
It seems the top 2 spots will be wrapped up by Melbourne and Brisbane.

This is not exactly a great scenario for any sydney team that wants to make the GF. Unless an upset in the first week of semis(which looks unlikely) it seems the home semis will be a massive advantage for those 2.

snout

First Grade
Yep our guys are in cruise mode.

Waiting for the real competition to start.

I would be happy with 3rd, go to Suncorp, send them to Raiders. Who ever wins gets Melbourne :)
Would love 3rd.

Dont fear the broncs or suncorp. Totally different to last week.

And only want to play storm once when we do the job on them again in the big show.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Yeah....happy to go to Melbourne or Brissy week 1. Still think the donkeys are a bit vulnerable minus McCulloch. We saved our worst performance of the year for them last week. Even the goons gave them a bit of a run and we all know how bad they are!

YTSharks

Juniors
Anyone thinking the past month or so is the time period that flanno is lashing them at training to get them into peak preparation come finals time? Interesting that both our slumps the last two years have come around the same time

BWNB

First Grade
Anyone thinking the past month or so is the time period that flanno is lashing them at training to get them into peak preparation come finals time? Interesting that both our slumps the last two years have come around the same time
This is what i heard.

Latest posts