What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Tedesco

Perth Tiger

Bench
Definitely will miss this types of games from him but as usual he couldn't get us home. Though not from lack of trying on his part.

Sad that to see him go but I am looking forward to a more balanced team next year.

TimmyB

Juniors
Ugh. Hardest part of losing him is that he is just so brilliant to watch. He is the kind of player you watch football for. A devastating loss.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I don't know about Australian jersey. Boyd will hold him out IMO. He has a slow start to the year next year and Tommy Turbo may even usurp his #1 for the Blues.

Boyd will be there (after Slater retires) for a few more years, Tommy is a wannabe, fake news by Johns & Fitler. He has many many negatives in his play.

Vozzy

Juniors
I think the worst part about him leaving is the tries he saves. He is a great last man defender cause opposition to stuff up a simple 2 on 1.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I don't know what I think about this. He has acted like such a prat.

FYI....
Funny you say that
This is very much a friend of a friend thing. But apparently Teddy has told mates he is going to (exact words) 'do a LeBron' I.e go win a Comp with a strong club then try to come back and win one with his hometown club.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
FYI....
Funny you say that
This is very much a friend of a friend thing. But apparently Teddy has told mates he is going to (exact words) 'do a LeBron' I.e go win a Comp with a strong club then try to come back and win one with his hometown club.
Teddy thinks hes a legend even though he's done absolutely nothing in the game. Sad really. Going to the Roosters will only hurt his legacy.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Teddy thinks hes a legend even though he's done absolutely nothing in the game. Sad really. Going to the Roosters will only hurt his legacy.

He's a super player that puts bums on seats..kids love him.
I don't hate him..Can't stand he went to the cocks though.
He's been gullible and has a crap manager as in Isaac Moses.

Tiger Ted

Bench
You just can see by the way he is still trying his guts out he's genuine.
No show off or lair about him.
Hope he does return down the track sometime
Like him or not & im one who lost respect for him due to the banal crap he spouted during the contract saga but I will grant him one thing that he has displayed integrity on the field for us as he is busting his arse.

It's just to bad that he is so naive & impressionable to b influenced by that shyster Isaac & his cronies wehbe & carbone !!! ...& of course the $$$$ & perks offered by Uncle Nick !!!

Crazyperpman

Juniors
You just can see by the way he is still trying his guts out he's genuine.
No show off or lair about him.
Hope he does return down the track sometime

The cynic in me knows Teddy wants to be in the world cup squad which is why he is still putting in.

The optimist in me hopes he is not as bad as he appears and comes back and wins a comp with us.

The realist in me knows that as long as he is lead by the nose by Moses and while uncle Nick wants him, he will stay with the Roosters. The only way Teddy comes back is if he is injured for the next two and half years and Latrell has already cemented himself as the premier fullback.

Tigerm

First Grade
James Tedesco has refused to rule out the prospect of returning to the Wests Tigers to finish his NRL career after a stint at the Sydney Roosters.

Tedesco, 24, has signed a four-year deal to play for the Roosters beginning next season, and is seen as the club's next great fullback.

But Tedesco on Sunday revealed he could follow in the footsteps of Benji Marshall and finish his career at the club where it all began.

"You never know what's going to happen," he said when asked if he could ever see himself returning to the club.

"Seeing Benji come back, you wouldn't think he would come back and now he's back where he started.

"Obviously the Tigers are the club I grew up with. I'm a local boy out here and they gave me my chance and stuck by me through my injuries and stuff.
"So you never know what could happen, I might come back."

Tedesco will play his last game for the Tigers at Campbelltown Stadium on Friday night against North Queensland, and admitted it could be an emotional outing.

The NSW State of Origin fullback grew up in nearby Menangle, and attended local school St Gregory's College before going on to become one of the most destructive backs in the game.

"It be pretty special for me and obviously pretty emotional - my last game as a Campbelltown kid and coming through the grades here," he said.

"It could be the last time that I chuck on a Tigers jersey and play out here and run out from the home sheds. It will probably all sink in after this game on Friday.

"But I've signed a deal at the Roosters and I'm looking forward to next year."

Meanwhile Tedesco revealed he and fellow outgoing star Aaron Woods had spoken of the importance of leaving a legacy for younger players to build on next year after a rough start to 2017.

The Tigers have improved markedly in recent weeks, while Tedesco starred with a try, try-assist and two crucial try-saving tackles in Saturday night's close to the Roosters.

"We know it's going to be our last games here so we want to leave our mark and make the most of it while we can," he said.

Tiger05

First Grade
He has left a shithouse legacy at the club. A player that cut and run to leave for more money but most importantly who just wants to go to a club that is currently better placed than us. It's extremely rare for guys to do this to their junior clubs if the club really wants them to stay and we pushed hard for him.

Woods is just a waste of space. He will leave a legacy of a crap player and the worst captain we've ever had.

I listened to Ivan Cleary in the press conference and he made the point that the Turd was irreplaceable but him leaving would allow us to build a different squad. So yes we will miss him a lot but hopefully we can build a better squad and have a better couple of years than what we've had in the past.

Latest posts