What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons to play Manly in 1st Semi at Allianz

jeffdragon

Bench
Cheering for the tigers 1000% to beat cows now
If that happens we can still make it if we lose to penrith but beat dogs
Panthers luck will run out next week

Alec's-saints

Juniors
If they beat the pennies like they did in rd1, it'd give them a world of confidence and the ability to smash the dogs last round. Still think we are a good chance of playing finals.
if cows beat tigers on friday and we lose to panthers season over

Saint Angelo

Juniors
Cows won't win again and will finish on 28 points. We MUST win next week to join them on 28.
We may not even have to win last round.

Life's Good

Coach
What an absolute disgrace this whole situation has become.
The rot set in many games ago yet we drifted along as if all would be ok. The fact that Mary was allowed to make statements like 'we only need to win 'x' number of games' shows how out of touch our club is with what it takes to win or worse that their expectation of success is so low.
I would love for someone in the media to ask Mary his thoughts on winning 5/14 after the start we had. He has not earned the right to get off so lightly but is going to. A disgrace.

getsmarty

Immortal
What an absolute disgrace this whole situation has become.
The rot set in many games ago yet we drifted along as if all would be ok. The fact that Mary was allowed to make statements like 'we only need to win 'x' number of games' shows how out of touch our club is with what it takes to win or worse that their expectation of success is so low.
I would love for someone in the media to ask Mary his thoughts on winning 5/14 after the start we had. He has not earned the right to get off so lightly but is going to. A disgrace.

Now 5 from 15....Since Round 8

BennyV

Referee
Benny I think an optimist has always got some 'hope' and they want to see that 'dream' become reality. Now in terms of reality, I think even the most optimistic person here would be very real about the Dragons chance if we got in the 8, that just maybe they do win week one but I can't imagine them winning week two as well.

Finishing 8th shouldn't be the yardstick - completely agree. However making finals and playing a positive brand of football is an improvement from where we were before - that doesn't mean I'm happy and satisfied but it does mean at least I see an uplift from the past 5 seasons.

I don't think Mary had overseen the biggest fall from grace - that's Price IMO.

The reality is you think missing finals is better for the club as Mary may get sacked, for me the reality is he will be there next season, regardless. So therefore as s supporter of the club I want them to have the best possible season given the circumstances
David Middleton mentioned a few weeks ago that if we miss the 8, it will go down as the biggest fall down the ladder in NRL history, considering where we were sitting mid-season.

It can sit proudly on Mary's resume, next to longest losing streak in JV history, biggest loss at Kogarah, worst attacking start in the league in 34 years, consecutive losses to nil, and so on...

Life's Good

Coach
Correct....but why aren't the press putting the pressure on ?? Does anyone know Andrew Webster ? Maybe some of these stats could be sent to him and being a Saints supporter he may write something.....Otherwise our Board will just whitewash the truth.
Mate, I think you answered your own question. The board is complicit by overseeing this for the last 5 years. They would simply shut up shop and keep their dirty laundry inside or set up another committee to review that would recommend a few band aid changes.

MilanDragon

Juniors
David Middleton mentioned a few weeks ago that if we miss the 8, it will go down as the biggest fall down the ladder in NRL history, considering where we were sitting mid-season.

It can sit proudly on Mary's resume, next to longest losing streak in JV history, biggest loss at Kogarah, worst attacking start in the league in 34 years, consecutive losses to nil, and so on...

Sorry mate I thought you meant over the past few years, not just this season alone.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
all supposition, great fun but this team aint up to it. looking forward to 2018 when we have something we desperately need....a kicking game and hopefully some speed.

Crush

Coach
Ok I'll just tell mickeylane the truth in that his predictions are in the main completely f**ked
Hey OT! Maybe you can join us in the stands when we play Manly in the finals? You can bring that HAIL MARY sign that you keep under your bed?

mickeylane

Bench
Manly just getting done by 20 by Bulldogs.

PENRITH 30
Manly 28
Cowboys 28
Dragons 26

It's in our hands again to beat panthers and bulldogs

Old Timer

Coach
all supposition, great fun but this team aint up to it. looking forward to 2018 when we have something we desperately need....a kicking game and hopefully some speed.
We have a half and nothing else oooh forgot Nightingale signed for 2018 that will add so much more.
2018 looking just as horrrndous as 2017
Shit coach and slow backline and a key player unable to cement a spot close to the ball
FMD some people starting to talk 2018 up already what a joke
f**king wahooo bring it on out of the frying pan and we'll and truly into the fire

BennyV

Referee
We are next to no chance against Penrith, who are on a roll and will be hunting for revenge from Round 1. Nathan Cleary is in gear and their right edge will put Lafai/Nightingale to slaughter.

Manly and Cowboys have Warriors and Tigpies respectively.

I don't like our chances. Not that they mean anything anyway.

Bench
We have a half and nothing else oooh forgot Nightingale signed for 2018 that will add so much more.
2018 looking just as horrrndous as 2017
Shit coach and slow backline and a key player unable to cement a spot close to the ball
FMD some people starting to talk 2018 up already what a joke
f**king wahooo bring it on out of the frying pan and we'll and truly into the fire
Have you agree with you about 2018. We have Hunt coming but looks like nothing done in respect of our wingers and centers.
Lafaii is a class player, but not consistent. The other center needs to be filled by someone with speed and good defence.
We haven't had a decent pairing all year.
Wingers are to slow to be affective.
Plus they run off the wing way to much and we get burnt to many times.
With McGregor for the next two years we will be much the same as last two years.
Would hope I am wrong about our chances. The storm and broncos are the teams to beat again next year.

Life's Good

Coach
Manly just getting done by 20 by Bulldogs.

PENRITH 30
Manly 28
Cowboys 28
Dragons 26

It's in our hands again to beat panthers and bulldogs

Mate, it's been in our hands for the last 15 rounds and all we have managed is to hold our own d*cks.
I am firmly in the camp that after the start we had there was enough of a good side to make the 8. A few tweaks like the odd rocket up a player, drop an underperformer by the coach would have sent the message that we want to win. All we get is 'we only need to win 'x' number of games' like we hope it will somehow fall into place. Just a waste.

Latest posts