What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R24 Sun - Raiders 22-26 Panthers @ GIO

Round 24: Raiders v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

STORM.99/07

Bench
My god you are a bitter and twisted individual. Remember,without your contest today,you will make us stronger for later on.So when YOU see us playing in the finals,think of it as there is a little bit of Canberra there.:)
panthers don`t need to take any lessons from faders.

Kilkenny

Coach
8-3 penalty count in favour of the home team, 3 or 4 of were soft on the last tackle. Raiders have no right to be critical of the refs. If anything Panthers were stiff not to get any ruck infringement penalties given how the Raiders were allowed to do the same things we were penalised for. Penrith deserved there win in what was a very spirited contest.

GongPanther

Referee
Seriously? You're such a bad loser! That merkin Klein did everything but score the tries for the Raiders in the second half! You would've been applauding him had your team won, and the fact they lost shows that you couldn't beat us even with referee assistance.
Yea,the sad sack went fookin' quiet when the tide was turning in the 2nd half. He is pure and simple the malcontented prom queen of LU.

STORM.99/07

Bench
Last season despite ricky stuart the faders played well. He has had this season and he has coached alot of good out of them, next season they will be fighting for the spoon.

GongPanther

Referee
Congrats mate.

Whilst I did think Edwards knocked that on you guys were hammered in the penalties and Canberra were lying over you guys just like you guys were on them so to defend your line very well and Cleary had the polish.

The problem with Canberra I felt was Sezer didn't own it and take control plus I thought Hodgson took some wrong options.

Imo put it this way, the better team won.
Marginally better although I fel we started to go back into our bad habits such as if we didn't make amends near their line,we lost our mental toughness to stop them advancing upfield.Our defense out wide will be fixed up once Dean Whare comes back from reserve grade.If Whare is not ready,I'd put Yeo in the centres with Peach in the forwards when we are defending.

But it's our mental toughness at times that has me perplexed,

nick87

Coach
Congrats Penrith
They made it count when they had to and we didn't, that's why they are headed to the Finals and we're planning mad Monday

This season has been a gigantic failure for the raiders. The players and coaches must own it. They deserve to be exactly where they are given the level of play thy produced in the opening 12-14 weeks of the competition

TheFrog

Coach
Last season despite ricky stuart the faders played well. He has had this season and he has coached alot of good out of them, next season they will be fighting for the spoon.
When you tell your team in a press conference that they are going to be top 8 regulars over coming years, you invite them to stop making an effort. My feeling is they were never fit enough this season, they lost too many games in the dying minutes, including twice against us and twice against Manly as well.

flash

Juniors
Press conference highlight, sticky hasn't blamed someone else for the result besides the team.

Also reports at halftime a fan spat at a referee in the tunnel.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Marginally better although I fel we started to go back into our bad habits such as if we didn't make amends near their line,we lost our mental toughness to stop them advancing upfield.Our defense out wide will be fixed up once Dean Whare comes back from reserve grade.If Whare is not ready,I'd put Yeo in the centres with Peach in the forwards when we are defending.

But it's our mental toughness at times that has me perplexed,
This time 7-8 weeks ago when you lost to us I bet you didn't expect this turnaround????....

TheFrog

Coach
This time 7-8 weeks ago when you lost to us I bet you didn't expect this turnaround????....
We all knew it was going to happen. That's why we all put our houses on the Panthers to make the finals immediately after the Souths game.

Now back to reality....no we didn't expect it but most of us thought that game was an aberration, and so it has proven.