What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 24 vs Roosters @ Allianz Stadium

Who will win? Round 24: Roosters v Wests Tigers

• Sydney Roosters 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

magpie4ever

First Grade
It goes to show what a moron Jason Taylor is to get rid of Robbie for Matt f**king Mckilwrick. Robbie in the 9 with Liddle in the 14 would have been perfect for us this year. The modern hooker needs more strings to their bow besides shovelling from dummy half and tackling. Robbie would have been the perfect person to teach Liddle these skills.

Mckilwrick is only OK on his best day. We have no room to have someone who is just 'ok' in such a key position. it mystifies me that we re-signed him.

You are a no f**king non-footy-knowledge f**kwit - Robbie - you are joking.:p

leaguelegend21

Juniors
You are a no f**king non-footy-knowledge f**kwit - Robbie - you are joking.:p

You have just said 2 of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum.
1. Matt Mckilwrick is better than Robbie Farah
2. Making the Australian U20's is not indicative of talent

Might need to give yourself an uppercut there champion.

magpie4ever

First Grade
You have just said 2 of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum.
1. Matt Mckilwrick is better than Robbie Farah
2. Making the Australian U20's is not indicative of talent

Might need to give yourself an uppercut there champion.

So chumpion, you would swap McI for Farah (I think Souths would love that).

What I'm saying is making an U20s side is more to do with useless talent scouts than the true football talent of players.

Shredder

Juniors
I think the fact that we are arguing about hookers indicates that we are happy with how the team is forming for next year. The fact that Thaiday can play hooker for the team coming second shows priorities.

Honestly, my view, I prefer Mc. 9 times out of 10 from dummy half, if your passing forward its bad timing from the runners. As it stands right now today, Mc has more feathers to his bow than Liddle and has more experience.

It is however irregardless as all indications are that we will be playing two hookers next year. And, given how different both these young chaps play, that would be a good thing. I also think that these two are the only two experienced hookers we have at the club.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I think the fact that we are arguing about hookers indicates that we are happy with how the team is forming for next year. The fact that Thaiday can play hooker for the team coming second shows priorities.

Honestly, my view, I prefer Mc. 9 times out of 10 from dummy half, if your passing forward its bad timing from the runners. As it stands right now today, Mc has more feathers to his bow than Liddle and has more experience.

It is however irregardless as all indications are that we will be playing two hookers next year. And, given how different both these young chaps play, that would be a good thing. I also think that these two are the only two experienced hookers we have at the club.

Cleary might go with Benji on the bench covering injuries or game form for 1,2,4,6,7,9 and possibly 13.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Mckilwrick would not play first grade at any other club in the NRL. Hooker is one of the most important positions on the field and we can ill afford to have an absolute genius playing there.

Shredder

Juniors
Its funny, I had lunch with my brother today and he suggested Benji to 9 as well.

Maybe.

LL21, it depends how you / we play. And we wont know that until round 1 next year.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Its funny, I had lunch with my brother today and he suggested Benji to 9 as well.

Maybe.

LL21, it depends how you / we play. And we wont know that until round 1 next year.
Shredder I can't imagine Benji at 9.
Think he's better value elsewhere
He will be in the 17 somewhere
Could cover 1,3,4,6 and 7

Shredder

Juniors
Im not convinced he will be in the 17 Woody - certainly not unless form or injury dictates.

Im not sure of much, but I am sure that Grub will be at 6 and Brooks will have first crack at 7.
Slightly less sure, but still sure is that Lolo will be fullback. Carrying weight, with no offseason and playing out of position, I think he has done enough this year to be given first crack at 1.

Perhaps in the centres for Benji.

But remember, he was a depth player at the Broncs and suspect he will be the same with us.

As you can tell, I dont have the starry eyed love for Benji that others have. I remember him as hit and miss and very inconsistent. I remember his amazing WTF games and his jesus christ has he learned nothing games.

He has played OK in his limited opportunities at the Broncs, so I have hope - but hes definitely not the signing Im most excited about for next year.

Vic Mackey

Referee

I played hooker most of my career. Funny though, if a runner over ran me I didn't pass it to him, and I was f*#king garbage. I'd hope that our First grade hooker would know to do the same.

Shredder

Juniors
Yeah Vic, I get that, but if you dont have multiple players in movement, you either pass it forward or get sacked with it.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yeah Vic, I get that, but if you dont have multiple players in movement, you either pass it forward or get sacked with it.

I would think a coach would prefer you pass it backwards to someone in position, then pass it forward and face a turn over. Sadly we don't have Cameron Smith

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Im not convinced he will be in the 17 Woody - certainly not unless form or injury dictates.

Im not sure of much, but I am sure that Grub will be at 6 and Brooks will have first crack at 7.
Slightly less sure, but still sure is that Lolo will be fullback. Carrying weight, with no offseason and playing out of position, I think he has done enough this year to be given first crack at 1.

Perhaps in the centres for Benji.

But remember, he was a depth player at the Broncs and suspect he will be the same with us.

As you can tell, I dont have the starry eyed love for Benji that others have. I remember him as hit and miss and very inconsistent. I remember his amazing WTF games and his jesus christ has he learned nothing games.

He has played OK in his limited opportunities at the Broncs, so I have hope - but hes definitely not the signing Im most excited about for next year.

I'm hoping he goes ok...he's going to be a good mentor at least for especially Gamble...what a bonus for the young kid.
Broncos have better players than us,so if he's borderline for them,he's a certainty for our 17.
Could be good in the centres maybe?
Unfortunately he's lost a lot of pace.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Benji wasn't signed because we need him in the 17. He is here because he's Benji and just having him around the club is going to be amazing for both the young guys who grew up idolizing him and the WT marketing/commercial team.

If our 6/7 get injured at any point I imagine he will be called up first but unfortunately Benji is not the player you build a team around any more.