What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

phantom eel

First Grade
You implied Mannah had a similar big game record to Cayless.
Strawman/ willful misinterpretation/ plain incorrect.

My post was part of a discussion about Cayless' coaching, and I was saying that post-playing career. Timmy would probably get a coaching gig with a similar (lack) of success as Cayless.

Hence any comments you introduced about finals playing records are a clear irrelevence to the post/discussion. But feel free to carry on in ignorance...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well mate, now that I've educated you on Mannah's finals record neither of us is ignorant. But how good would it be if Mannah became only the third merkin ever to captain the Eels to a premiership!

phantom eel

First Grade
True... but it doesn't change anything about his future with Wenty - as a player next year (when his 29 minutes doesn't cut it for NRL) or as a future coach!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
bart's just pissy that he tipped Mannah to be coming off the bench by the end of this year and it hasn't happened. I told the merkin that Arthur's sees the bench as just as important as the starting team but would he listen?

This is a bloke who thinks the coach wants more minutes from a player than what he's already playing. If Arthur wanted more than 30 minutes from Mannah he would just put him out there for longer. Mannah's work rate in 30 minutes shows he could easily play longer, but he doesn't have to. There are plenty of merkins on the bench.

phantom eel

First Grade
bart's just pissy that he tipped Mannah to be coming off the bench by the end of this year and it hasn't happened. I told the merkin that Arthur's sees the bench as just as important as the starting team but would he listen?

Agree that all coaches see the bench as important as the starting 13, and have been saying that for years - probably even before you turned up?

Am surprised that Mr 30 mins hasn't been benched though, so that his contribution comes either side of half time. I guess his co-captain's injury and absence is a factor there

Disagree that Mannah's workrate in 30mins proves he can go for longer. The coach limiting Timmy's indication is a sign the coach feels other players are better equipped to play the extra 10-20 minutes that Mannah used to, before he went into decline.

84 Baby

Referee
Agree that all coaches see the bench as important as the starting 13, and have been saying that for years - probably even before you turned up?

Am surprised that Mr 30 mins hasn't been benched though, so that his contribution comes either side of half time. I guess his co-captain's injury and absence is a factor there

Disagree that Mannah's workrate in 30mins proves he can go for longer. The coach limiting Timmy's indication is a sign the coach feels other players are better equipped to play the extra 10-20 minutes that Mannah used to, before he went into decline.
Bart why can't you just agree that you were wrong? Just accept your incorrectness

hindy111

Post Whore
Im not convinced Meehan and Evans will be stars and force Mannah into Wenty.
Sure we got a good one in Brown. But has Vae gone that well?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Having better players available doesn't invalidate Mannah being able to play longer minutes.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Meehan and Evans would both play a different role to Mannah anyway. They are both attacking players. Mannah is in the team for his defence and leadership.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

If Evans or Meehan were to force anyone out it would be Vave or Matagi. They're the 2 props we count on for their power into the line and neither are great defensively.

T.S Quint

Coach

Vave has had a few very good games.
Most of them have been pretty average though, to be honest.
I doubt he's on too much money though, so I'm not expecting him to be a superstar.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But of course it doesn't prove rhe claim, in the way you asserted it does.
Are you for real? You really think Mannah playing 30 minutes means that's all he's capable of? He is averaging 0.66 tackles per minute this year - second in our team only to Alvaro, and inside the NRL's top ten hardest workers. He could easily play longer minutes just by slowing down his work rate. By comparison, Brown is averaging 0.51 tackles per minute. Obviously if Brown played shorter minutes he would be able to increase his workrate. It's not rocket surgery. But if you need a link to another website as proof then I can't help you.

hindy111

Post Whore
Vave has had a few very good games.
Most of them have been pretty average though, to be honest.
I doubt he's on too much money though, so I'm not expecting him to be a superstar.

True but if Browns on less then 200k id bet Vae is on more. He was better last year imo and gone backwards.

hindy111

Post Whore
Mannah spot depends on a few things...

Alvaro, Terepo form along with where BA uses Tepai and Beau Scott.

If Niakuore or Stone break into team spots will fill up fast.