What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apparently Rusev was squashed in 6 seconds at Summerslam and Corbin got beaten by Cena.

If they had've given Rusev and Corbin squash wins, it would've given SD two genuine heels right there, who aren't the pissweak kind like KO who run from fights. (Not a criticism of KO, he does that job well and you need those sort of heels, but you can't have all your heels like that)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
FWIW I'm really enjoying Summerslam.

I don't think the WWE know what to do with Rusev and Corbin.
They're desperately trying to build up Corbin as some big bad lone wolf character, but have him jobbing to everyone when it matters. You can't make a beast out of a loser.

Rusev is already packaged and ready to go as SD's version of Strowman (albeit smaller)

They need a brutal heel with no fear. Rusev is your man. Squashing him in a few seconds says to me that they are giving him the arse.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why not feed him Cena then? What's the point in giving Cena PPV wins nowadays?

Tigers1986

Juniors
Nakamura losing (so easily) is the only blight I have on the show. They're really going to run this Indian audience thing into the ground while abandoning everyone else. 4 months ago he was jobbing in dark matches, now he's putting Orton, Cena & Nakamura aside.

Nakamura losing (so easily) is the only blight I have on the show. They're really going to run this Indian audience thing into the ground while abandoning everyone else. 4 months ago he was jobbing in dark matches, now he's putting Orton, Cena & Nakamura aside.
The worst thing about Jinder is that he's the furthest thing from an organically built champion

Lio Rush has officially signed with WWE. Will be interesting to see if they send him to NXT or put him into 205 Live to give it a fresh face.

Also, Bobby Roode is backstage at Raw. Rumour was he was to debut for SmackDown shortly, so maybe that's changed?

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade

Are you serious?
You're happy for them to crush both Baron and Rusev. Also Enzo.

I feel more damage was done on this PPV than was necessary.

Please, PLEASE get the belt of Jinder.

Parra Pride

Coach
Lio Rush has officially signed with WWE. Will be interesting to see if they send him to NXT or put him into 205 Live to give it a fresh face.

Also, Bobby Roode is backstage at Raw. Rumour was he was to debut for SmackDown shortly, so maybe that's changed?

Smackdown need him badly. They just buried Corbin and Rusev, what other heels do they have now aside from KO and Jinder (who really needs to drop the damn title already)?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
the only genuine heel turn that would generate a shit tonne of heat in a second would be by Shane O Mac

So Smackdown's heel roster is
-Mahal (jobber holding the world title)
-Corbin (burried monster)
-Rusev (buried)
-Owens (good dickhead heel, squabbling with the GM)
-Ziggler (MIA)
-Mike Kanellis (joke)
-English (jobber)
-Usos (tag champs)
-Ascension

They really need some star power on that side to help get the faces over. The obvious solution is to turn Randy heel (I like the idea of the Indie Killer), he's a great heel and would help balance out the roster.

azzah72

Bench
Corbin's in the dog house, that's why he lost mitb and then pretty much got squashed by Cena. Backstage heat galore, just like Enzo.

Rusev, I just don't understand. I know they are probably trying to rebuild Orton again but why at the expense of Rusev? The dude should be a legit top heel & can go. That's a weird one.