What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

thorson1987

Coach
A 2-1 advantage coming back to Anfield is massive although 2-0 would have been better.

Were lucky not to concede a 2nd just before full time off a free kick aswell.

Hoffenheim player had a free header on goal but sent it over.

saint.nick

Coach
I can forgive TAA for it, but Matip is far more experienced yet stood there waving for offside instead of cleaning up TAA's mess.

saint.nick

Coach
I just don't get how an apparent quality manager and his assistant can't see how ordinary we are in defence. The fact klopp hasn't added quality in defence for the 4 or 5 windows he's had is just mind boggling.

How he has gone from having Hummels and Subotic at BD to being satisfied with f**king Matip and Lovren in a much tougher league is either Ignorance or just plain stupid.

Sell Couts as he's proving he wants to disrupt the team and reinvest every cent in the defence. Grovel to saints and pay whatever they want for VVD, find another decent CB if we can and get rid of Lovren and Matip from the starting 11.

Sort the GK out as well. Migs did well towards the end of last season but looked like his old self last night. Either give Ward or Karius a shit and stick with them or buy better than we clearly have.

So disappointing seeing same old errors cost us yet again.
If ed001 is to be believed, turns out Klopp isn't satisfied with either Matip or Lovren. Matip was a decent enough stop gap because Skrtel was sold, Gomez wasn't ready and they didn't want to budget for another centre back on top of all the other signings last summer. Expect either Gomez or a new centre back to usurp Matip next season.

As for Lovren, he's never been Klopp's man. The plan was/is VVD to replace him in the first team.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
So apparently Coutinho has made himself unavailable for selection and is t training either.

He really wants the Barca move, and I have no doubt this is a result of The Catalan scum giving him the now or never ultimatum.

In a way I hope we stand firm and get big $$$ with a lot of cash upfront or don't sell. It's not ideal having an unhappy player but if we decide to hold onto coutinho then bad luck. He'll have to suck it up, particularly if he wants to get in the Brazil squad for the WC.

saint.nick

Coach
So apparently Coutinho has made himself unavailable for selection and is t training either.

He really wants the Barca move, and I have no doubt this is a result of The Catalan scum giving him the now or never ultimatum.

In a way I hope we stand firm and get big $$$ with a lot of cash upfront or don't sell. It's not ideal having an unhappy player but if we decide to hold onto coutinho then bad luck. He'll have to suck it up, particularly if he wants to get in the Brazil squad for the WC.
It's f**king shameful and downright disappointing the way he is acting, I don't think anyone could see this coming from him. Coutinho has no one else but Liverpool and the Kopites to thank for his career success, before us he was just a kid unwanted by Inter being sent on loan to places like Eibar. There's nothing wrong with ambitions of Barcelona, but the least he can do is try to leave the club in a gracious and respectful manner. Mahrez supposedly has attitude problems yet I don't remember him acting like this after his transfer request.

But still, keep him. Liverpool are in a position of power because they know he has no other choice than to perform for us so he can make the WC squad, and we need his quality in the team.

thorson1987

Coach

It's f**king shameful and downright disappointing the way he is acting, I don't think anyone could see this coming from him. Coutinho has no one else but Liverpool and the Kopites to thank for his career success, before us he was just a kid unwanted by Inter being sent on loan to places like Eibar. There's nothing wrong with ambitions of Barcelona, but the least he can do is try to leave the club in a gracious and respectful manner. Mahrez supposedly has attitude problems yet I don't remember him acting like this after his transfer request.

But still, keep him. Liverpool are in a position of power because they know he has no other choice than to perform for us so he can make the WC squad, and we need his quality in the team.

My favourite part of all this f**kery, is after we immediately knocked back Barcas 3rd offer, they gave us an ultimatum, accept it by Sunday Evening (UK time) or it is off the table.

merkins are f**king dumber than I thought.

saint.nick

Coach
My favourite part of all this f**kery, is after we immediately knocked back Barcas 3rd offer, they gave us an ultimatum, accept it by Sunday Evening (UK time) or it is off the table.

merkins are f**king dumber than I thought.
It sounds so f**king ridiculous that I'm literally struggling to believe it as a truth

thorson1987

Coach
Apparently they may throw in a 4th offer worth up to 130m pounds. Will probably be in 5 yearly installments of 10m, with the remainder being bonuses if Phil lands on Mars.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
It just shows the arrogance of the f**kers. PSG has rattled them by doing a smash and grab on Neymar. They now think it's ok to bully both us and BVB into letting our players go cheaply/on horseshit payment terms.

The last bid had nearly £40m made up on add ons and only £80m cash. We should be asking for that minimum upfront as the first instalment.

I find it funny that Real already look so far infront of them in Spain. I mean who the f**k would buy Paulinho for £40m. He wasn't worth that at spurs and never has been.

Our conduct this window has been dog shit as well but I can't help but laugh at Barca trying to flex their muscles and LFC immediately shitting on them. Couts may well go before the window closes but it'll be on our terms and not Barca's

saint.nick

Coach
It just shows the arrogance of the f**kers. PSG has rattled them by doing a smash and grab on Neymar. They now think it's ok to bully both us and BVB into letting our players go cheaply/on horseshit payment terms.

The last bid had nearly £40m made up on add ons and only £80m cash. We should be asking for that minimum upfront as the first instalment.

I find it funny that Real already look so far infront of them in Spain. I mean who the f**k would buy Paulinho for £40m. He wasn't worth that at spurs and never has been.

Our conduct this window has been dog shit as well but I can't help but laugh at Barca trying to flex their muscles and LFC immediately shitting on them. Couts may well go before the window closes but it'll be on our terms and not Barca's
To be honest, if it was Real Madrid dealing with us, I reckon it'd be even worse

saint.nick

Coach
Possibly but they are nowhere near as desperate as Barca are at the moment imo.
Oh yeah of course they're not, but if they were just as desperate I reckon their tactics would be even dirtier.

I wonder how the crowd reception will be when Coutinho runs back onto the pitch

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Oh yeah of course they're not, but if they were just as desperate I reckon their tactics would be even dirtier.

I wonder how the crowd reception will be when Coutinho runs back onto the pitch
Be interesting to see how Klopp continues to work with Couts if we do stand firm and keep him. We all know what's gone on with Sakho and him not given another chance at the club. Granted Couts is our main man in midfield, he's still surely lost the trust of management at the moment.

saint.nick

Coach
Be interesting to see how Klopp continues to work with Couts if we do stand firm and keep him. We all know what's gone on with Sakho and him not given another chance at the club. Granted Couts is our main man in midfield, he's still surely lost the trust of management at the moment.
Well James Pearce reckons Barca have given up.

saint.nick

Coach
Also, there is absolutely no sense in hanging onto Coutinho in the face of huge money from Barcelona, then yet giving him the Sakho treatment. If they were going to give him the Sakho treatment then he would have already been off by now.

cb4

First Grade
James Pearce on a podcast gave the break down of the offer.

• 80 Million Pound guaranteed over 5 years, so 16 mil a year
  • 15 Million Pound when he wins the Champions League
  • 15 Million Pound when he win the Balloon D'Or
  • 5 Million Pound for a League Title - 1 only
  • 5 Million Pound for a Spanish Cup - 1 only
  • All clauses to be re-voked if Coutinho re-signs within 3 years

I'm glad we told them to f**k off.

saint.nick

Coach
James Pearce on a podcast gave the break down of the offer.

• 80 Million Pound guaranteed over 5 years, so 16 mil a year
  • 15 Million Pound when he wins the Champions League
  • 15 Million Pound when he win the Balloon D'Or
  • 5 Million Pound for a League Title - 1 only
  • 5 Million Pound for a Spanish Cup - 1 only
  • All clauses to be re-voked if Coutinho re-signs within 3 years

I'm glad we told them to f**k off.
Sky reckon they're preparing a 4th bid of 100 up front with 35m feasible addons

Well LFC are through to the Group Stage after walloping Hoffenheim 4-2 in the second leg. Mane, Firmino and Saleh were at their best, with Can getting two goals. Can and Henderson did a lot of work in the midfield and ran all over the place. Still a little whobble at the back, as apparently Lovren had yet another poor game and was responsible for Hoffenhemi's1st goal, but thankfully we were already up 3-0.

As to Couthino, ESPNFC reckon Barca's 4th bid will be for 138 million pounds.

Latest posts