What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the Sydney Roosters win the Grand Final again this year?

You can't coach speed.

I might add that you can't coach sidestep (Brian Bevan and Shaun Johnson), fend (Eric Grothe Snr and Latrell Mitchell) or acceleration (Reg Gasnier and Luke Keary). But you can coach defence, which Trent Robinson does very well most of the time. That is why the Sydney Roosters are still in the running to make the 2017 Grand Final.

adamkungl

Immortal
The best part of this isn't Albert's outlandish claims but the same few sad merkins who keep arguing with someone they are apparently convinced is an alt/troll account. Dear oh dear.

Saturday night at Shark Park will determine the Roosters fate for 2017: a win and they are in the running for a Grand Final place, lose and they have little chance of making the Grand Final.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Very embarrassing for the Chooks if they lose to our spluttering, disjointed mob. If they do, they're no chance of winning it.

H.H

Juniors
Well better Rooster teams this have lost to worse Sharks teams than this.

Personally I think there's something there with the chooks, but the stars would need to align for us to have a genuine hope. We're just not solid and consistent enough in all aspects of our game.

SBD82

Coach
Sharks beating Storm in the GF would be great. Dragons fans wouldn't know what to do with themselves.
I'd know what to do with myself. I had practice last year.

I'd spend the game hoping that somehow the game could end with all players unable to complete the game so there was a non result.

And when that didn't eventuate, I'd run myself a hot bath, get a cheap bottle of whiskey, and contemplate my life.

Simples.

Now that Brisbane have lost to Parramatta there is a chance for the Roosters to climb into clear 2nd place, with the guarantee of a home game in the first week of the playoffs. But for that to happen they must beat Cronulla at Shark Park this weekend, and the Titans at Allianz the week after.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Well better Rooster teams this have lost to worse Sharks teams than this.

Personally I think there's something there with the chooks, but the stars would need to align for us to have a genuine hope. We're just not solid and consistent enough in all aspects of our game.
Don't get me wrong, I actually think we are a better side than the chooks...we are just playing horribly this year. We've probably played 3 complete games for the year. Your mob should win this weekend, but as you point out, we have beaten you over the last few years at times when I thought you'd lap us. Good luck for Saturday.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
It would have been as Parra vs Storm GF but all our good players keep getting injured(French,Gutho,Ma'u.Scott etc etc)

Latest posts