What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Cowboys @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 25: Wests Tigers v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 25
Wests Tigers v North Queensland Cowboys
Campbelltown Stadium, Leumeah (TICKETS)
Friday 25 August 2017

Gates 5:30pm / NYC 5:35pm / NRL 7:50pm (Ch9/FOX)

WST-17teamlist.jpg

1. James Tedesco 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Esan Marsters 4. Kevin Naiqama 5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 6. Tuimoala Lolohea 7. Luke Brooks 8. Aaron Woods 9. Matt McIlwrick 10. Tim Grant 11. Michael Chee-Kam 12. Josh Aloiai 13. Matthew Eisenhuth
Interchange: 14. Alex Twal 15. Sauaso Sue 16. Bayley Sironen 17. Jack Littlejohn 18. Joel Edwards 19. Ava Seumanufagai 20. Jj Felise 21. Watson Heleta

NQL-17teamlist.jpg

1. Ben Hampton 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Javid Bowen 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Te Maire Martin 7. Michael Morgan 8. Corey Jensen 9. Jake Granville 10. Scott Bolton 11. Coen Hess 12. Ethan Lowe 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. John Asiata 15. Shane Wright 16. Patrick Mago 17. Shaun Fensom 18. Gavin Cooper 19. Lachlan Coote 20. Kyle Laybutt 21. Enari Tuala

LU_TeamPanel_REF-Yellow.jpg

Referees: Ben Cummins, Chris Sutton
Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor, Kasey Badger
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Luke Patten

NYC - Fri 5:35pm at Campbelltown

ISP (WT) - away to Warriors at Mt Smart, Sun 11:45am AEST (FOX)

ISC (Cowboys) - Pride host Redcliffe (Broncos) at Barlow Park, Sat 5:30pm
Mackay host Souths Logan (Broncos) at BB Print, Sat 6pm
Townsville away to Falcons (Storm) at Sunshine Coast, Sun 1:40pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigers1986

Juniors
This game will be tough. Cowboys are desperate to stay in the finals, we might get complacent against a less capable team. We've performed really well the last month but have still been very scratchy. If Teddy fires, Wests will win easily.

Hopefully for Teddy and Woodsy's farewell to C'town they pull a good/decent crowd.

Clifferd

Coach
Danger game. On recent form we should account for them pretty easily but you never know

Us by 12

Tiger Ted

Bench
Normally I'd b very confident in Sydney games v cowboys.However they've lost with dignity over the last month & a no. of games injuries have cost them any chance to win.They will throw everything at us due to there precarious position in the 8.This should b a nail-biter.

super_coach

First Grade
If Brooks is fit and his hammy is okay we should win. We have had a good run against the Cows, but with JLJ playing no7 we come back to the field in a hurry. I know Brooks is a bit up and down but he is miles ahead of JLJ

No disrespect to the Cowboys but I think we've got them. They've lost their last four and they've leaked points of late (granted by Melbourne, Penrith, Cronulla and Easts.)

We beat them with Thurston, we should get them without him. I'm confident we'll do well.

Tiger Ted

Bench
No disrespect to the Cowboys but I think we've got them. They've lost their last four and they've leaked points of late (granted by Melbourne, Penrith, Cronulla and Easts.)

We beat them with Thurston, we should get them without him. I'm confident we'll do well.
We certainly have had the wood on them in Sydney however I've watched there games over the last month & there results belie there form.Additionally there form away from Townsville has been a lot better than in the past.We can definitely win it but I'm not as confident as I have been in the past particularly in games at Leichhardt against them !

Clifferd

Coach
Mail is Morgan will be out but Coote and Cooper(?) I think will be back

Plus Hess and Taumololo. Still a dangerous team on paper but so were the roosters and we nearly beat them

Vic Mackey

Referee
No matter who bad or injury depleted we are we always beat the cowboys. Our random rushing up out of nowhere defence has always troubled Thurston.

Now they're injury depleted and playing poorly, whereas we're going alright, so knowing us we'll stink it up and lose.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I'm really looking forward to seeing how young siro handles the big time on his debut.Well done IC for giving the kid a shot at home late in season.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yes, I know who he is, but nothing about his footy, he obviously has some talent, can anyone give any info on him.
It's irrelevant to whether he is cutting it in grade but people I know involved in the Balmain juniors were all of the belief that he had more potential than his brother.I hope it's a case of the apple not falling far from the tree in the case of Bayley's NRL future at WT.

The thing with me regarding Sironen the Younger is, he started the year in the back row so you'd assume he is strong enough/tough enough but then he's played more 5/8 but has he progressed? IC has persevered with LittleJohn in the 17 so is that an indication as to where Sironen the Younger is?

Or has he just kept him away from 1st grade for his own good ? surely not, because playing reserves and getting smashed each week by 30 and 40 would be no good for his confidence.

Interesting and I hope he gets a run and goes OK.

Clifferd

Coach
Hopefully he has a stronger work ethic than his sluggish brother.

Haven't been able to notice him much because our nsw cup side is diabolical but I remember him dominating at u20s level in 16'

Good move by ic anyway, nothing to lose and could uncover a real talent in the process

Clifferd

Coach
Yes, I know who he is, but nothing about his footy, he obviously has some talent, can anyone give any info on him.

Pretty sure he made u20s Blues side in 16', although could be wrong...remember him getting some sort of rep homie

Rated higher than his brother was anyway

Vic Mackey

Referee
Don't rate Bayley at all. Small, limited skills and not quick. Does go hard but to me he's another Lovett.

I heard an interview with the Sg ball coach who had woods, brooks, Moses, sirox2 and he did say Bayley was the toughest out of all of them. Probably not the biggest wrap considering that company but it's something I guess.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Don't rate Bayley at all. Small, limited skills and not quick. Does go hard but to me he's another Lovett.

I heard an interview with the Sg ball coach who had woods, brooks, Moses, sirox2 and he did say Bayley was the toughest out of all of them. Probably not the biggest wrap considering that company but it's something I guess.

Think he's off contract this year Vic,so maybe IC is seeing if he's worth re signing.

Where is Lovett these days anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts