What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones II

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Am I the only person who is seriously over Jon Snow the hero?

I was never a fan of them bringing him back. His story should have ended at Castle Black imo.

Now to make things worse, he's being painted as beyond a hero now. Savior of not just Westoros, but the entire mankind. He'll get with Dany, that much is sure.

I also hate how he was the one to 'sacrifice' himself to save the Dragon, like I get it, he's a hero but sheesh, I'm completley over him. I've even grown to just detest the way he talks. There's something wrong with me.

Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying my GoT. Yes, I'd like it to be fleshed out a bit more, like previous seasons but I understand the reasoning for the sudden 'quick travel' we're getting.

gUt

Coach
It takes a lot for me to be able to suspend my disbelief and not pick holes in whatever I'm watching, but GoT manages to do it easily. f**k all the plot holes, I just don't care.

A theory: Arya is not really hostile to Sansa, she's just playing it up to force Littlefinger to make a move to protect his meal ticket and thus out himself.

thorson1987

Coach
I hope he does win her

I'll be heartbroken if he doesn't, Tormund and Brianne will make little Stark named babies

I can see Jamie as the self sacrificing hero to take out the night king foreshadowed by Joffrey being a little merkin with the Kingswatch book

For lack of better non wrestling terms Brianne has him as a tweener, before brianne and with hand he was a total merkin

Post Brianne-hand adventure he's been turning face and only love for his sister is keeping him from being a fully fledged good bloke

I think Littlefinger dies next Monday, assasinated by Arya at the request of the lady of Winterfell

I loved the budding bromance between Tormund and Sandor, especially the dick talk

I think the game changing dragon will be a bit easier to overcome if the alliance comes to fruition between north and south, f**king scorpion bolt with a dragonglass tip should do the trick

Arya killing Littlefinger whilst looking like Caitlyn would be the way.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Agree I think Arya is playing Littlefinger without Sansa knowing it.

Zombie Viserion will kill Rhaegar, then Drogon will kill Viserion somehow.

Vozzy

Juniors
I was hoping Dany would question Jon about his scars? She has been wondering what "he took a dagger to the heart" ment now she sees a huge scar. I was hoping for some anger like she thinking he is one of the dead and my child died for you kinda thing.

Btw with guys like Jon and the brotherhood are they the equivalent opposite of the fire gods bringing them back to life like the white walkers bring people back to life. Like are they the same before they died.

BestHookerRein

Juniors
A f**king Dragon just got one hit KO'd and you guys are bitching about no-one dying, so the show is shit.

f**k I hate that the internet has given Speds voices.

Shorty

Staff member
The hole with that is we saw the Night King being 'created' by the children of the forest, and it wasn't Bran
I just don't understand how he brought the chains otherwise, how did he know that Dany would show up with her dragons and also for him to know to go for one of them.
It's not a plothole, surely it's deliberate, just like how NK always acknowledges Bran and also that Sam didn't get his butt kicked when that bearded one saw him.
There's a reason for all this.
There's also a whole lot of foreshadowing with these 2 discussing children - Dany mentioned twice this episode that she can't have kids for the first time in, like, forever, and Jonah hands Longclaw back to Jon saying something along the lines of it now belonging to him and his children (specifically his children, not his family).

They are totally going to make babies.

And not giant babies who would conquer the world, like Tormund and Brienne.
Well there's some saying that she'll have babies when...etc so possibly.
You would think they probably both die if she has a kid, repeating the themes in the novels.

Timbo

Staff member
Am I the only person who is seriously over Jon Snow the hero?

I was never a fan of them bringing him back. His story should have ended at Castle Black imo.

Now to make things worse, he's being painted as beyond a hero now. Savior of not just Westoros, but the entire mankind. He'll get with Dany, that much is sure.

I also hate how he was the one to 'sacrifice' himself to save the Dragon, like I get it, he's a hero but sheesh, I'm completley over him. I've even grown to just detest the way he talks. There's something wrong with me.

Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying my GoT. Yes, I'd like it to be fleshed out a bit more, like previous seasons but I understand the reasoning for the sudden 'quick travel' we're getting.

I'm just curious - what other direction could it have taken? He's the hero of the story.

Parra

Referee
I'm just curious - what other direction could it have taken? He's the hero of the story.

I thought he was a Targaryen - which makes him a made murderous merkin. If you consider the Starks as the good guys then remember that they fought a war to remove Targaryens from Westeros.

A victory for the ruling class would be no victory at all. I suppose there is the whole "nothing really changes" angle. This would make the rebellion and all the subsequent wars pointless.

Game_Breaker

Coach
I thought he was a Targaryen - which makes him a made murderous merkin. If you consider the Starks as the good guys then remember that they fought a war to remove Targaryens from Westeros.

A victory for the ruling class would be no victory at all. I suppose there is the whole "nothing really changes" angle. This would make the rebellion and all the subsequent wars pointless.

Good guys v bad guys is not what games of thrones is about though

Timbo

Staff member
But Jon is the only one of the lot who has never actually sought power. He keeps having positions of power thrust upon him by others. Stannis wanted to legitimise him and make him Warden of the North, he said no. Sam had to nominate him as Lord Commander of the Nights Watch without asking him. Lyanna Mormons had to shame the other Northern Lords into making him King in the North, again without his knowledge.

He's the antithesis of all of the other major players in the game. Even Dany, loved by her followers as she is, is obsessed with coming to power, regardless of her reasons.

Jon rules reluctantly and because he inspires those around him. Everyone else is consumed by power. There is no way his story could have ended at Castle Black.