What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith's easy draw strikes again

Tommy Smith

Referee
I'll tell ya whats funny:

After every defeat on their way to a 2-7 start I kept appearing in their gameday threads saying "it's a long season, you have loads of class and will still make the finals".

And in response you couldn't find a Panthers fan still on the bandwagon, "nah we suck", "our season is over"...

And now, here we are on the back of a 7 game win streak and the very same Panthers fans who weote their own team off about 8 weeks in a row are walking around waving their little boners in every opposition fans face telling us all how we should fear their team; and how Ser Matt Moylan of House Fibro is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne.

A fickle bunch, aren't they?!

soc123_au

Staff member

After every defeat on their way to a 2-7 start I kept appearing in their gameday threads saying "it's a long season, you have loads of class and will still make the finals".

And in response you couldn't find a Panthers fan still on the bandwagon, "nah we suck", "our season is over"...

And now, here we are on the back of a 7 game win streak and the very same Panthers fans who weote their own team off about 8 weeks in a row are walking around waving their little boners in every opposition fans face telling us all how we should fear their team; and how Ser Matt Moylan of House Fibro is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne.

Our little boners have gotten much bigger in the silky soft hands of Matt Moylan.

Rhyno

First Grade
Penrith will fall over in straight sets anyway

Or they'll be the fairytale team who wins

13 Roosters and the fairytale was beating manly
14 souffs with the long wait
15 cows new winners
16 sharks new winners
17 Penrith just cause 5 year plan

This years fairytale team is Parramatta

Everyone wants to see us win it

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The silly thing about the suggestion that they have an easy draw is that the draw for next week isn't decided upon at the end of this weekends games. It's done at the start of the year.

8 of Penrith's 11 opening games were against sides that finished 2016 in the bottom 8. Penrith had 4 wins and 7 losses there.

4 of their last 11 games have been against sides in the bottom 8 at the end of last year which has all but squared everything up.

And the last two weeks will be against sides from the bottom 8 in 2016 but are both still in contention for a finals place this year.

Penrith have been lucky, to play reasonable to average footy against sides playing worse.

txta2

Bench
The Broncos getting 7 days off games prior to the finals are the obvious leg ups.

I was just going to say that this thread needs more Tommy Smith. Thanks for delivering.

Speaking of delivering, make sure your boys dust off those pesky no-good guppies for us!

OldPanther

Coach

Bullshit. Even when we were losing Saint Matty should have been on the throne thanks.

mxlegend99

Referee

Before the Raiders win we werent even overly impressive while winning games.

Some fans might be carried away thinking a few wins makes us premiership favorites. But most are probably enjoying giving shit back after copping it for the first half of the season.

I had written us off after being belted by Souths. Actually I wrote us off long before that. Panthers dont tend to go on long winning streaks and they have a history of losing the easy games too. So even beating 7 shit teams in a row is impressive for us.

OldPanther

Coach
Before the Raiders win we werent even overly impressive while winning games.

Some fans might be carried away thinking a few wins makes us premiership favorites. But most are probably enjoying giving shit back after copping it for the first half of the season.

I had written us off after being belted by Souths. Actually I wrote us off long before that. Panthers dont tend to go on long winning streaks and they have a history of losing the easy games too. So even beating 7 shit teams in a row is impressive for us.

A lot of us were waiting for a team to go at us (like Raiders did) and thought we'd implode. That's how I saw it anyways.

Paullyboy

Coach
Raiders had 53% possession. Won the penalty count 8 to 3... milking a bunch of 5th tackle penalties for the game to be all but handed to you.

Raiders 15 errors are what lost them the game. Also Croker getting carved up by Blake didn't help. But if you controlled possession better you win big.

The issue with looking at penalty counts alone is that it only looks at one issue. The Panthers made a lot more errors than their count suggests, some of the ignored knock-ons would have made a Pakistani pace bowler blush.

Having said that, the Raiders have been poor all year and don't deserve to be there. Unfortunately neither do Manly, St George or the current Cowboys lineup but a couple of them will be there. Actually come to think of it, it's going to be an ugly final series this year with mobs like Parra also in there just making up the numbers.

Clifferd

Coach
Unfortunately neither do Manly, St George or the current Cowboys lineup but a couple of them will be there. Actually come to think of it, it's going to be an ugly final series this year with mobs like Parra also in there just making up the numbers.

Pretty much this

Can't see any team matching it with Melbourne in the finals so any team that plays them will be cannon fodder

This year it's just who will play for the right to lose to Melbourne in the GF. They're unstoppable

Todd Hoffman

Juniors
Lol the irony. A thread started by a Saints fan moaning about another team supposed soft draw yet his side couldn't even beat Newcastle.

I can feel the panic already from Dragons fan. It will be all over soon.